Why is my weight going back on?? :(

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why is my weight going back on?? :(

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kty
    Topics: 17
    Replies: 17

Hi there,
    I’m a bit confused as to why my weight has started to go back up after it was going down nicely. I had lost 11,lbs which was great as I need to lose a good 2.5 stone.
    I did the cleanse for 2 weeks and I’m now into week 2 of stage 1. The foods that I am eating are: green veg, eggs, chicken, olive oil, occasionally fish, sea salt, oatbran, coconut milk (to make oatbran porridge), xylitol sweatner, dessicated coconut (sparingly), Peppermint tea, lemons, and organic natural greak yoghurt (only about 2tbsp per day). Yesterday my Vaginal Thrush began to come back very mildly and over the last few days my weight has gone back up by 3,lbs. I’m starting to get a bit disheartened with it all as I’m more than a bit fedup with having such a limited range of foods to eat and christmas….well that might as well be cancelled! Please could someone give me some advice before I give up completely. 🙁

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh no, you poor thing, how disheartening! I’ve noticed my weight stabilising and starting to increase gradually… I’m half way through week 3 on stage 1. I lost 8lbs the first week of detox but was starting to look gaunt (down to 8 1/2 stone at 5ft 9in is not a good look!). The infuriating thing is I battled to get the weight down after my last 3 babies… and then even more just fell off me in a week when I didn’t need it to!!! The law of the sod?!!

Anyway back to your question… all those things look healthy so I guess it’s down to the portion size? I presume coconut milk is quite high in calories? I’m finding that my appetite has really decreased since that hollow starving feeling of week 1! So i’ve adjusted my portions downwards and dont seem to need as much bread with breakfast or my buckwheat crackers mid afternoon.

It is odd though isn’t it? You’d think on such a healthy diet there’s no way you’d put weight on!

Sorry, can’t help you with the thrush. I’ve strangely never had it. Maybe if you outline a few days diet in detail and your supplements so that Able/ Raster can take a look and critique?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Kty.

The fact that you lost 11 lbs so quickly in the beginning tells you that there is no medical reason for you to gain weight, so with that out of the way, let’s look at the only other reason that people gain weight. It’s all about a ratio, and this particular ratio is about input compared to output. If you’re taking in more calories than you’re burning, then you will gain weight. And believe me, it really is that simple.

I’m guessing that you added the coconut milk, oat bran, and yogurt just in the past week or two. You can trust that this is where the ‘over and above’ calories are coming from. If you’re the type of person who gains weight easily, then that means that you don’t need as high a number of calories as someone who can’t gain weight at all does. I would look at the three items I named first: if you reduce these you will likely see a dip in your weight eventually, plus since all of these
    ‘sometimes’ bother ‘some’ people with Candida, they could possibly be the reason that the vaginal thrush has returned, even though mildly.

Look at it this way, you’re on a healthy diet because you ‘need to be’ so you see it differently than those of us who choose this diet for a purely healthy lifestyle purpose. Many people who do not have Candida but choose to be on a 100% healthy diet eat the way you are 365 days a year, and they plan to do it forever. They do it because they simply don’t have the time to be bothered with an illness taking up their time. The fact that you can gain weight says that your body has adjusted to this new way of eating, so it’s really a matter of allowing your mind to adjust to what your body already has.

Please keep us posted, we’ll all be here to encourage you when you need it.

Able

kty

Thanks Able and Lucylu, I have found some low fat coconut milk as an alternative and am going to take a note of how many callories Im having per day. Im also going to dig out the old exercise ball and yoga dvd. I suppose its just because of the time of year that Im struggling, after Christmas and new year I’ll find it all much easier. Thank you both ever so much for your support, it means alot to me. Not many people understand when you try to explain about Candida diet without giving out too much personal info. xx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The more active you become, the easier it is to lose the weight. I am a very energetic and active guy for instance, so my weight no matter how much I eat will be low.

Refer to this website for ideas on foods you can use for weight loss:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

-Raster

kty

good news, my weight has come back off again plus another 2lb!! 🙂 But the bad news is that my thrush is still hanging around like a very unwelcome guest! 🙁
    I Cut out the Coconut milk, Oat bran and natural yoghurt about 5 days ago but the symptoms are still no better. How long does it usually take to get back to where you were? I have decided to add Buckwheat flour next and stay off the 3 offending things for a while longer. Buckwheat flour seems much more versatile. Do I have to wait till my sypmtoms go away before I try it or is it safe to just have it? I found some buckwheat crackers which seem ok ingredients wise and have a recipe for buckwheat flour tortillas which would make my packed lunches much more interedting. I must admit though I am missing my oatbran and coconut milk poridge lol. any advice would be great. thanks. xx

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Kty.

Quote: “I cut out the Coconut milk, Oat bran and natural yoghurt about 5 days ago but the symptoms are still no better. How long does it usually take to get back to where you were?”

Reply: That depends on how much damage was done, Kty, but I doubt you did a lot of damage considering that you only added foods that many others eat all the time after the first few weeks on the diet. How long have you been on probiotics? Also which one are you taking and how much?

Able

kty

The nearest thing I have had to probiotics is the probiotic natural yoghurt which I stopped last week. I was just having about a tblsp or 2 per day. Should I be taking some in tablet form by now? also what about antifungals such as the coconut oil and Garlic. should I be doing that too and if so how do I take them. Thanks again Able. 🙂 my symptoms have started to slow down as the day has gone by. 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Kty, if you can find or order the MegaFlora probiotics made by MegaFood, this is one of the more beneficial brands because of its DDS-1 bacteria. If you can get this, I would use it as my first antifungal and hold off of the other antifungals for a few weeks. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe chain store close by, they usually carry the MegaFlora. If you can’t find it locally and have to order it, go ahead and purchase some garlic pills containing allicin and start taking them, these are usually fairly easy to find. Take three a day after meals. If you get the probiotics instead, take one a day for now on an empty stomach.

Leave the yogurt out of your diet for two to three weeks.

Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Why is my weight going back on?? :(’ is closed to new replies.