Why is a person with candida more susceptible to another candida overgrowth, or reoccurence?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why is a person with candida more susceptible to another candida overgrowth, or reoccurence?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Is it because once you get rid of the overgrowth there are still candida spores inside your intestines? Does anyone know why?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’d imagine it varies largely. One side of it could be the gut flora. If you were missing enough species of bacteria, it may be difficult to maintain a healthy gut ecology, which could lead to a recurrence. The other side would be general health and diet/environment. If you have some unresolved metabolic damage, hormonal imbalance, compromised immunity etc, then you’ll be susceptible to a recurrence under the right circumstances. Part of those circumstances could be a diet lacking nutrients that support immunity, hormonal balance, diverse gut flora etc.

I don’t believe a high-sugar diet should be a problem any more. People can thrive on diets that are 70% starch or 20% honey with large amounts of fruit. The case for sugar as the cause of obesity, diabetes etc is weak. Studies have shown that increased sugar consumption doesn’t affect candida growth in healthy individuals. The trouble is that high-carb diets and eating habits in the West include lots of junk that brings about metabolic damage and poor health. Staying healthy is what keeps you… healthy, regardless of your macronutrient ratios. How you do that is a little bit complicated. The only thing I feel sure in saying is that PUFAs (vegetable oils especially) need to be minimised.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Why is a person with candida more susceptible to another candida overgrowth, or reoccurence?’ is closed to new replies.