Why has no one else here considered taking Vitamin K together with Vitamin D3?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why has no one else here considered taking Vitamin K together with Vitamin D3?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

I always see vitamin D3 suggested for the treatment on this site, usually together with some calcium. However, I’ve never noticed anyone even mentioning vitamin K.

Here are a few links showing how important it is to supplement with vitamin K while taking vitamin D3, especially while consuming calcium as well:
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/03/26/the-delicate-dance-between-vitamins-d-and-k.aspx
    http://www.metaboliceffect.com/why-should-you-take-vit-k-with-your-vit-d/

I’ll cite a few sentences:

“Without the help of vitamin K2, the calcium that your vitamin D so effectively lets in might be working AGAINST you — by building up your coronary arteries rather than your bones.”

“Taking vitamin D with calcium and without vitamin K has the potential to create health problems.”

Just a little note, though: “Vitamin K helps with blood coagulation so it may offset the blood thinning effects of medicines like warfarin or coumadin.”
    So be aware and don’t take it if you’re attempting to thin your blood.

I’ve posted this because I’m not sure why people don’t mention vitamin K here.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Interesting.

I am always interested in nutrition information.

Im not a fan of Mercola (most my friends are though) but I follow Nutritionfacts.org VERY closely.

My community gets vitamin K in very high doses naturally, which is probably why the topic never came up.

Im going to look into this now,thanks!

Also, my own theory I may get debunked in 2 days is that I am iron deficient but not anemic.
    This means I get the iron I need for the day in my diet, but not necessarily enough to build the blood…my hemoglobin is low. Im wondering if those of us getting recurring attacks without well-known triggers are getting them due to low blood oxygen, or low iron.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Why has no one else here considered taking Vitamin K together with Vitamin D3?’ is closed to new replies.