Why for some Candida comes back ??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why for some Candida comes back ??

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

jasminehks
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 30

ok i’m new to the whole Candida thing !! and i’m willing to make the diet sacrifice as long as i am motivated enough.

however i’ve been doing a lot of research online and i came across MANY people who started out really good with Candida and the supplements BUT few months or weeks later the Candida came back as they put it with a vengeance.

why does that happen ?? how can one prevent it ?
    i really have a lot of problems already..so not looking forward to having worse symptoms when i’m doing everything in my power to get better in the long run.

another question..

-how many types of anti-fungals do u have to take ?
    is one type enough ??
    would probiotics alone be enough ??
    or does it have to be a combination of both??

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: “i’ve been doing a lot of research online and i came across MANY people who started out really good with Candida and the supplements BUT few months or weeks later the Candida came back as they put it with a vengeance.
    why does that happen? how can one prevent it?”

Reply: This probably happens to more people than we can imagine. The reason is simple; depending on the degree of the Candida infestation, the very least length of time for a lasting and successful treatment is probably 6 months to a year. This is the very least amount of time for a very short-lived Candida infestation. If the infestation has been ongoing for a year or in many cases several years, it can literally take a lifetime. Many of us believe that once the infestation has taken hold of the entire body (meaning it has gone septic), then the person needs to remain attentive to the treatment and possible return of the full force of the infestation for the rest of his life. Sad news I know, but facing reality is wiser than the opposite, and there are lots of sufferers to prove that this is true.

Quote: “i really have a lot of problems already..so not looking forward to having worse symptoms when i’m doing everything in my power to get better in the long run.”

Reply: The only way you’ll be successful with that is to stay sincere and dedicated to your treatment. Making mistakes or cheating only prolongs the treatment period, and each time this happens, you’re prolonging the life of the Candida albicans and giving the infestation a chance to grow and spread to other parts of your body.

Quote: “how many types of anti-fungals do u have to take? is one type enough?”

Reply: If you get the correct ones, 3 or 4 are enough. Oil of oregano, coconut oil, undecenoic acid, and raw garlic and/or garlic pills containing allicin.

Quote: “would probiotics alone be enough? or does it have to be a combination of both?”

Reply: Although probiotics are an absolute necessity to the final cure, using probiotics alone could be dangerous as far as toxins in the body are concerned. Antifungals are the easiest way to lessen the numbers of the Candida slowly without dangerous toxins debilitating the liver and body, and the probiotics later on are the finish touch it takes for the final cure. Whether you use both or not is completely up to you.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you want to recover more quickly, I suggest regularly using a sauna, steam room, or even a hot bath to help release/remove the toxins from your body. It’ll really help the die-off symptoms and is a popular treatment throughout the world.

The more you cheat or go off the diet, the more easily the candida can come back. If you do the diet incorrectly the whole time, your body won’t be able to heal itself as well as possible. For instance, if you ate potatoes the whole diet, the candida will surely come back because it can adapt easily. It will feed off the natural sugars and starch and the symptoms will return.

jasminehks

raster wrote: If you want to recover more quickly, I suggest regularly using a sauna, steam room, or even a hot bath to help release/remove the toxins from your body. It’ll really help the die-off symptoms and is a popular treatment throughout the world.

The more you cheat or go off the diet, the more easily the candida can come back. If you do the diet incorrectly the whole time, your body won’t be able to heal itself as well as possible. For instance, if you ate potatoes the whole diet, the candida will surely come back because it can adapt easily. It will feed off the natural sugars and starch and the symptoms will return.

i see…i do have a fairly bland diet and try to stay away from junk food, some veggies and eggs and red meat thanx to my IBS-D.

however going a lifetime without any form of grains sounds like hell on earth to me.i know Level 1 and 2 are strict but does the lifetime treatment mean giving up all fruits for the rest of my life ?? giving up rice and every other grain on the planet forever ?? (i really hope i’m wrong in this case)
    these are genuine questions tbh, since my diet is already very limited i don’t have as much freedom as most of you have when it comes to diet so i want to do my research very well.

– for how long would i have to take 4 types of antifungals ?? i hate puting anything extra in my body since i don’t know how IBS will react to it :S
    – how would you know if you are clear from one stage to go to the next one
    – and lastly how do u know if you are clear from candida overgrowth and perhaps can have somewhat of a “normal” diet ?? (i’m not talking about over indulging just general semi healthy snacks)

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: “since my diet is already very limited i don’t have as much freedom as most of you have when it comes to diet.”

Reply: We need you to explain the statement above. If you have alternate illnesses, we should know about them if we’re going to give you advice about a diet. Or, if your infestation is already in the septic state, then we need to know that as well. Treatments can vary depending on the level of the infestation.

Quote: “i know Level 1 and 2 are strict but does the lifetime treatment mean giving up all fruits for the rest of my life?”

Reply: No, of course not. But thinking that far ahead is only depressing and certainly not necessary to the treatment. Taking it all one day, or one moment at a time during this treatment is the only way to survive it. Forget about tomorrow. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1092_Treatment-Timeline.aspx

Quote: “ how would you know if you are clear from one stage to go to the next one”

Reply: By taking the treatment one day at a time, noting the times and reasons that you feel better and the times and reasons you feel like you’re going backwards. You’ll learn the actions of your own body this way, and if you pay attention to it all, you alone will know when you should try to move on.

Quote: “ and lastly how do u know if you are clear from candida overgrowth and perhaps can have somewhat of a “normal” diet?

Reply: This is something that you never know for certain, there’s always the chance that moving up a level or even a step could cause the symptoms to stop improving. In other words, you’ll always be gambling and hoping that the infestation isn’t there just enough to start multiplying again under the right circumstances. That’s where a lot of people are right now, but those still on the forum are taking the safe road and not gambling with their health by starting back on the diet that got them here in the first place.

Quote: “i’m not talking about over indulging just general semi healthy snacks”

Reply: That depends on what you consider semi-healthy snacks to be. When a Candida infestation is in question, I would consider semi-healthy snacks to be certain nuts and seeds, sweet potatoes, brown rice, and certain low-sugar fruits. These seem acceptable once the infestation is considered to be cured. Other than brown rice, grains in general can’t be considered ‘healthy’ foods; again, where a Candida infestation is concerned.

Able

jasminehks

Able900 wrote: Quote: “since my diet is already very limited i don’t have as much freedom as most of you have when it comes to diet.”

Reply: We need you to explain the statement above. If you have alternate illnesses, we should know about them if we’re going to give you advice about a diet. Or, if your infestation is already in the septic state, then we need to know that as well. Treatments can vary depending on the level of the infestation.

yeah you are right !!
    i will be starting to take digestive enzymes cause my IBS-D is not a huge fan of veggies and i get bad gas eating them. and i will start on probiotics as well…i do take Calcium supplements and thats it. my stomach isn’t a fan of Magnesium either..
    my questions

is that if i start with probiotics and enzymes how long should i wait to start those anti-fungals ??

do i take the anti-fungals from the beginning of my diet and stage 1 ??

how do i know if the anti-fungals are effective if i’m taking 4 all at the same time.
    that doesn’t sound right to me :S

is it true that Fish and chicken or sea food or not allowed in the stage 1 ??

raster
    Participant

I would consider digestive grape bitters or swedish bitters as an alternative to the digestive enzymes; just something to think about. I think able was right about the enzymes, and eventually your body will stop producing them on its own if you take the enzymes over a long period of time.

I say this because after a few months of taking them, I have become quite constipated, and I never had this problem before or during the diet. I am going to talk to my naturopathic doctor about it because its concerning.

-Raster

jasminehks

raster wrote: I would consider digestive grape bitters or swedish bitters as an alternative to the digestive enzymes; just something to think about. I think able was right about the enzymes, and eventually your body will stop producing them on its own if you take them over a long period of time.

I say this because after a few months of taking them, I have become quite constipated, and I never had this problem before or during the diet. I am going to talk to my naturopathic doctor about it because its concerning.

-Raster

i see !! well i’ve never taken them but considering Candida diet is all about vegetables and i don’t react well to them i thought maybe enzymes were the way to go.
    i get really gassy with veggies…are u sure that those bitter stuff ur talking about will help ??

Able900
    Spectator

jasminehks wrote:is that if i start with probiotics and enzymes how long should i wait to start those anti-fungals ??

do i take the anti-fungals from the beginning of my diet and stage 1 ??

how do i know if the anti-fungals are effective if i’m taking 4 all at the same time.
    that doesn’t sound right to me :S

is it true that Fish and chicken or sea food or not allowed in the stage 1 ??

-is that if i start with probiotics and enzymes how long should i wait to start those anti-fungals ??

Reply: That depends on how the treatment is going at any given time. You don’t start all of the antifungals at one time.

-do i take the anti-fungals from the beginning of my diet and stage 1 ?

Reply: Start the cleanse and diet first. Then after two weeks add one product, but not all at one time. Wait two weeks between starting each product.

-how do i know if the anti-fungals are effective if i’m taking 4 all at the same time.that doesn’t sound right to me

Reply: Then don’t do it. But the antifungals will all work.

– is it true that Fish and chicken or sea food or not allowed in the stage 1 ??

Reply: No.

jasminehks

i’m so sorry guys if i keep asking random questions but as i’m doing this i’m also going through the previous posts so make sure i’m getting things right and catching up so bear with me 😀

– is there any specific order to taking probiotics or anti fungals ?? like i have to start with one first then wait and see if i should add anti-fungals for example ??

-when they say Probiotics and anti-fungals cancel each other out, what do they mean by that ?? does it mean don’t eat them together at the same time ?? or in the same period of time ??

– if you experience die-off symptoms with only one type of anti-fungals is there any reason to take more ??

– if you take one type of anti-fungals and had no effect do u have to add another one and keep taking the first one that didn’t work ?? (i’m asking that since i notice people around here take up to 4 different types and i’m assuming they must have a good reason for that)

raster
    Participant

Take the probiotics between meals and the antifungals with meals. I would start the probiotics week 2 and the antifungals week 3 perhaps.

I have never heard of them cancelling eachother out, but it could I guess if you take them both when you eat.

If you experience die off, then it means that the antifungals are working; you take more to cause more die-off! Thats what you want, to kill it off. If you don’t notice its working, it doesn’t mean its not working…I wouldn’t worry too much about taking them all at once.

The main thing you should worry about is rotating the antifungals during your treatment. Candida can really adapt easily, so the more you change up the antifungals the better it kills the candida. For instance, if you do goldenseal and oregeno oil for 2 weeks, change it up to oregano oil and grapefruit seed extract for a few weeks. Then change to grapefruit seed extract and goldenseal for a few weeks. Goldenseal is pretty ineffective FYI, just using it as an example.

Able900
    Spectator

“is there any specific order to taking probiotics or anti fungals ?? like i have to start with one first then wait and see if i should add anti-fungals for example?”

Reply: No, as I stated in the last post, as long as you start each one two weeks apart from the next and last one you started you’ll be doing it correctly.

“when they say Probiotics and anti-fungals cancel each other out, what do they mean by that ?? does it mean don’t eat them together at the same time ?? or in the same period of time ?”

Reply: It means they don’t know what they’re talking about. However, a probiotic should always be taken on an empty stomach for better absorption and efficiency.

“if you experience die-off symptoms with only one type of anti-fungals is there any reason to take more ?”

Reply: You can take whatever you want to, all or none. It’s all up to the person taking the supplements. You asked questions, and we’re answering them with the experience and research we’ve gathered over the past months. Most people took or are taking all of the ones I’ve named because they want to be well again as soon as possible.

“if you take one type of anti-fungals and had no effect do u have to add another one and keep taking the first one that didn’t work ?? (i’m asking that since i notice people around here take up to 4 different types and i’m assuming they must have a good reason for that)”

Reply: The antifungals I’ve named will kill Candida, all of them, there’s no question about that. But that doesn’t mean you’re going to be cured in a manner of days. And people take more than one antifungal because they’re all different and as
    I just stated, most people want to do everything possible in order to destroy the infestation and be well again.

By the way, you’re not exactly taking this one day at a time which is what I suggested you need to do in an earlier post.

jasminehks

Able900 wrote:
    By the way, you’re not exactly taking this one day at a time which is what I suggested you need to do in an earlier post.

i really do appreciate all you guys taking time and responding to each and everyone of my questions. the reason i may seem a bit too full of question is that my IBS has made me want to gather as many info as possible so if i face a situation i hopefully have an idea how to get it under control since doctors are useless.

just so i know that my info so far is correct:

so from what i’ve gathered all i need to do

-is to get my diet under control, from the beginning (stage 1) i can eat chicken, fish, buckwheat, coconut bread, avocado, yogurt, stevia and some other allowed veggies.

after 2 weeks i start taking anti fungals…and after experiencing die-off symptoms and having them cleared after however time it may take. i am able to slowly introduce foods back in and start encouraging the good bacteria.

-yet i still probably have to keep it up with the anti-fungals and probiotics?! (i wonder if there is any point where people stop with the anti fungals or is it a life style thing???)

– also not quite sure about the rotating anti-fungal thing
    or rotating different meats everyday or so , why is that tho ??

Able900
    Spectator

Quote: “after 2 weeks i start taking anti fungals…and after experiencing die-off symptoms and having them cleared after however time it may take. i am able to slowly introduce foods back in and start encouraging the good bacteria.”

Reply: This is incorrect. In my opinion it’s smarter to start encouraging good bacteria, in other words add a probiotic, shortly after starting an antifungal.

Quote: -yet i still probably have to keep it up with the anti-fungals and probiotics?! (i wonder if there is any point where people stop with the anti fungals or is it a life style thing?)

Reply: Before you stop the diet and probiotic, you will have been finished with the antifungals for quite a while. They’re the first things you stop.

Quote: – also not quite sure about the rotating anti-fungal thing or rotating different meats everyday or so , why is that tho?”

Reply: Who told you to rotate meats? I suppose if you’re eating a lot of meats it would make sense, but you really shouldn’t be eating enough meats to necessitate rotating them.
    And rotating antifungals isn’t really necessary, just going off of a strong one like oil of oregano for a week or so is a good idea.

Able

raster
    Participant

jasmine,

you shouldn’t put/set a timetable for phase one of the diet. It’ll last many more weeks than 2 weeks. I haven’t heard one person here on the forum recover that quickly…expect a few months quite possibly. Expect to take the probiotics long-term for immune system health; the antifungals are just used to kick down the candida some. Antifungals are one of the top easy ways to spend a bunch of dough; focus your the essentials (such as a probiotic, oregano oil, molybdenum) and add more as you go. The die-off part can hit you pretty hard; you will feel very ill (most likely) and the more antifungals you use, the more die-off that will occur. Just start it slow with 5 drops or so of oregano oil per day and work your way up; the more you use the more you will feel sorta ill. Eventually they won’t do too much because there’s not much left to kill off.

Able: I think she maybe misread/interpreted one of your posts about the meats and why we shouldn’t eat them everyday.

Relating to this, the more you rotate your diet the less the candida can adapt to your foods; try not to eat the same thing everyday like I am and it might pan out for you better. You can have chicken a few nights in a row, but I think able suggested not having meat everyday of the week.

If you want the best long term success with the antifungals, it’d be best to rotate them every now and then. After the whole consumption of an oil of oregano small bottle for instance, you probably won’t want/need anymore at that point and can try something else.

You can also have as many vegetables as you want as long you don’t make veggie smoothies and don’t have the tomatoes/carrots often.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Why for some Candida comes back ??’ is closed to new replies.