Why doesn't the medical community recognize candida overgrowth as a legit diagnosis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why doesn't the medical community recognize candida overgrowth as a legit diagnosis?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  smurfie 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

RiotActor
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

I’d like your thoughts, opinions, etc.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Because there isn’t a drug out there that can treat you really. It isn’t a profitable disease to treat. It causes other major diseases which makes them more $.

-raster

RiotActor

See, I have a hard time jumping on that train of thinking. I mean, are we really going to play the “big pharma” card every time it’s convenient when we can’t explain it any other way? This idea of it nothing being profitable to treat … that assumes it comes down to the pharmaceutical industry stifling everything. What about MD’s? They get paid just to see/diagnose you regardless if there’s a drug to treat it (which there is) and don’t rely on writing a prescription for some other pharmacy to sell you in order to line their personal pockets.

Doctors recognize candida infections. I myself has had pharyngeal candida twice and treated with nystatin, mycelex troches and fluconazole. Doctors are certainly making money off me. As are pharmacies.

Sorry, but this idea that the medical community underplays candida overgrowth in preference of larger “major diseases which makes them more $” is almost comical. And borderline conspiracy theory-think.

So you’re saying my sister, a doctor, won’t give me an accurate diagnosis because she’s holding out for more money? C’mon. I mean, that’s what you’re saying right? You’re not saying doctors are unaware of candida overgrowth, but rather that they ignore it intentionally. I doubt my own family would let me suffer here and with no diagnosis knowingly.

And since I’ve heard alot about the Candia5 test as a reliable measure … I’ve looked around that dated website. Surely an organization which is at the forefront of being able to positively identify this debilitating issue would have a bigger presence in med circles and a more professional appearance online.

raster
    Participant

If this was something they would treat widely it would cause them to lose money because they wouldn’t treat other diseases. For instance, they would cure diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, adhd, add, etc. Those are big profitable diseases. They also would acknowledge that antibiotics are bad and pesticides, gmo, etc. are bad which is not something they would ever do as an industry.

They don’t make much money on diflucan.

-raster

RiotActor

raster;60717 wrote: If this was something they would treat widely it would cause them to lose money because they wouldn’t treat other diseases. For instance, they would cure diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, adhd, add, etc. Those are big profitable diseases. They also would acknowledge that antibiotics are bad and pesticides, gmo, etc. are bad which is not something they would ever do as an industry.

Wow. I’m sorry you feel this way, much less use your position as an respected voice on this forum to push such claims on other desperate lurkers here.

raster;60717 wrote: They don’t make much money on diflucan.

And … as if there’s not a whole lot of money being made on candida cure self-help books and the supplement side of the industry… Lord knows I’ve spent months going to most supplements recommended here and in books, along with a very expensive foray into healthier eating.

Your post says a lot, sadly. Me, I’ve come to terms that what I’ve been suffering from the past several months (despite the recent rounds of antibiotics, mercury fillings, bad diet, etc.) is really just anxiety. And now that I’ve opened my eyes to that very likely diagnosis, I’ve noticed a lot of my symptoms — the same symptoms conveniently attributed to candida overgrowth — have subsided somewhat.

raster
    Participant

RiotActor;60732 wrote:

If this was something they would treat widely it would cause them to lose money because they wouldn’t treat other diseases. For instance, they would cure diabetes, cancer, fibromyalgia, adhd, add, etc. Those are big profitable diseases. They also would acknowledge that antibiotics are bad and pesticides, gmo, etc. are bad which is not something they would ever do as an industry.

Wow. I’m sorry you feel this way, much less use your position as an respected voice on this forum to push such claims on other desperate lurkers here.

And … as if there’s not a whole lot of money being made on candida cure self-help books and the supplement side of the industry… Lord knows I’ve spent months going to most supplements recommended here and in books, along with a very expensive foray into healthier eating.

Your post says a lot, sadly. Me, I’ve come to terms that what I’ve been suffering from the past several months (despite the recent rounds of antibiotics, mercury fillings, bad diet, etc.) is really just anxiety. And now that I’ve opened my eyes to that very likely diagnosis, I’ve noticed a lot of my symptoms — the same symptoms conveniently attributed to candida overgrowth — have subsided somewhat.

Are you here to troll?

raster
    Participant

RiotActor;60714 wrote: I’d like your thoughts, opinions, etc.

What are you thoughts?

RiotActor

raster;60733 wrote:

Are you here to troll?

Absolutely not. Sorry for coming off so aggressive, as I’m sure many of you have/are experiencing it’s frustrating dealing with something that’s so hard to outright diagnose. So when I read threads on here (and elsewhere) I can’t help but start to question who’s really wrong here: the self-diagnosing internet readers or the scores of different doctors (been to 3 ENTs, 3 gastros, 1 cardiologist, 2 primary care docs and have a standing appointment with the Mayo Clinic which I’m going to put on hold for now) who all agree they can’t seem to find anything. Surely not everyone in the medical community isn’t in cahoots. So I’m open to the possibility maybe I’ve been mislead and is the wrong one here. Maybe all these general symptoms, of which I read vastly of here, other forums and a couple of books, default to something that can be explained.

So in short, I guess there’s just two camps here: people who want to believe the medical community is full of shit or out to get them, or people who believe maybe candida overgrowth isn’t the be-all-end-all a few forum owners and for-profit authors proclaim it to be.

I agree with the diet advice. But then again, when has a healthier diet ever really hurt anyone?

raster
    Participant

Well its called candida related complex because its a problem that affects multiple organs and your health in multiple different ways. There’s digestive disturbances, histamine problems caused by inflammation of the gut (allergies), thyroid problems (if this organ was strong you wouldn’t get ill), liver health issues (die-off and mood), vitamin deficiencies, malabsorption problems, etc. Its expensive and hard to treat all of this at once and I think most doctors don’t want to deal with it.

Looking at your posts, it sounds like a doctor diagnosed you. I just don’t know what else you are aiming for, there isn’t a disease named after this other than candida related complex. The candia5 test is a good test to look into because as dvjorge mentioned, this mentions whether your body has an elevated response to fight candida (allergic to it).

An allergist can then take this information and give you the candida hypo-sensitization shots that basically instruct your body to fight candida. This is basically the only other medically related way to get better from my knowledge.

There’s a ton of stuff the science and doctors don’t look at and can’t diagnose such as general toxicity levels, mercury/heavy metal levels, thyroid conditions, co-infections (viruses, microbes, etc).

A lot of science is suppressed too and I think thats what is going on here with candida. They don’t want everyone to know about certain information (such as the existence of cell wall deficient microbes). With science and history, there’s public information and then there’s secret information.

-raster

RiotActor

raster;60737 wrote: A lot of science is suppressed too and I think thats what is going on here with candida. They don’t want everyone to know about certain information (such as the existence of cell wall deficient microbes). With science and history, there’s public information and then there’s secret information.

-raster

Ok… Gonna bow out now. Good luck with your secret information.

chibiren
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Okay I’m going to have to agree with raster on this one. Also, riotactor, did you ever stop to think that the reason your doctor sister didn’t tell you about all of this because doctors aren’t EVER educated in health while in medical school? The medical schools didn’t teach her about this because they know that most people who go into medical school have good hearts and intentions and if they taught them about how candida overgrowth is causing pretty much ALL of the problems then obviously there would be a riot of doctors who want justice to be served. So it’s far more intelligent for the college’s not to teach doctors to actually get to the root of our problems, but to instead medicate us and keep many diseases to profit off of. It’s not the pharmacists and doctors faults they believed everything they were told throughout school. They’re not the evil ones, the carefully orchestrated system is.

Edit- Also I might add that my friend who is graduating pharmacy school in a few months recently told me he regrets his choices in a career because even though he’s going to pretty much be rich he realizes that he’s harming the well being of many people by distracting them with drugs to hide their symptoms and he told me he doesn’t believe most of what he was taught in pharmacy school for the very reason raster describes.

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

RiotActor;60738 wrote:

A lot of science is suppressed too and I think thats what is going on here with candida. They don’t want everyone to know about certain information (such as the existence of cell wall deficient microbes). With science and history, there’s public information and then there’s secret information.

-raster

Ok… Gonna bow out now. Good luck with your secret information.

No need to argue with Raster on this one. He’s got it absolutely correct. The medical profession won’t recognise or treat this. They treat the symptoms, largely which makes your body out of whack and make you worse in other areas.

Oh and good luck with your condescending attitude, you’ll go far on this forum.

chibiren
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Woohoo double team!

raster
    Participant

I mean most doctors prescribe antibiotics to treat something like this (which makes it worse) without diagnosis, why would they do this? And what drugs are you expecting to get prescribed by a doctor? A doctor won’t prescribe supplements if thats what you are aiming for, they won’t prescribe probiotics typically, digestive enzymes, bio-film disruptors, chelation drugs, etc.

From my experience with other forum members on here, you basically have to be the doctor and feed them information about this syndrome in order to get treatment. Doctors are very hesitant to prescribe something that isn’t covered by insurance, its against industry standards.

You basically have two options once diagnosed also:

1)antifungal drugs (which may or may not work) (you’ve already done this also)
    2)hypo-sensitization shots (prescribed by allergist and takes a lot of work)

I mean if you look at someone like Paul Allen, he got diagnosed with cancer and was able to fight it off in less than a year. Twice. He has access to medical care that the general public does not have access to.

The closest thing to diagnosis that you can find in the medical community is via an allergist because they will determine whether you body is fighting it or not.

We all have candida naturally and its one of the most studied organisms in the medical community, more studied than cancer. Its supposed to be a beneficial organism for most people and this is likely why they won’t address it as a disease. There are over 50,000 medical papers about candida, which is about one per day for the last 50 years. Its well studied and well documented.

http://americannutritionassociation.org/newsletter/candida-related-complex

RiotActor

EDIT: Deleting my post. Sorry for any spitefulness I displayed in here. Frustration, you know…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Why doesn't the medical community recognize candida overgrowth as a legit diagnosis?’ is closed to new replies.