Why did my tongue completely regress?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Why did my tongue completely regress?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jackrackblack
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 12

I went on a green vege juice fast for 5 days and in the 5th day my tongue was nearly all pink again. My face also started to fill in a bit. By fill in I mean it’s kind of sunken and the acne scars I have are pretty exaggerated. I pureed the veges on the 6th and 7th day and on day 8 I ate some eggs and a salad w/ spinach, lettuce, avacado, egg etc… and directly following I had intense brain fog and my tongue was coated again. What happened? Can I not eat solid foods at all?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You could be allergic to eggs. I noticed eggs created problems for me so I reduced their consumption. This is why i recommend trying them out for a period of time.

-raster

jackrackblack

raster;53493 wrote: You could be allergic to eggs. I noticed eggs created problems for me so I reduced their consumption. This is why i recommend trying them out for a period of time.

-raster

Damn. It’s the one thing I look forward to, hah. I made a post in the Advice section about the salad I ate that instantly gave me crushing brain fog. I had kind of forgot how bad it could get after 7 days and remembered very quickly.. I was wondering is it wasn’t the spinach I used or the shallot. When I opened up the shallot half of it was molded do I cut just a little piece off and washed it well/threw the rest away. Might have been a bad idea. I also noticed on some of this “triple washed organic” spinach there is some grey powdery substance on some of them..

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

I have a similar reaction. I get a thrush increase with onions, eggs, spinach, and other foods. It drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure it out. Later, I realized I have immune reactions to those same foods–especially the high sulfur ones. I have a feeling an immune response lessens the body’s ability to control the thrush. Conversely, if I take something that boosts my innate immune system (like pine cone extract) the thrush lessons. I’ve found that changes, both positive and negative, to my innate immune system effect my yeast levels much more, than say, antifungals or probiotics. This evidences, I think, the notion that what most people have isn’t a candida problem, but an immune problem.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I also wouldn’t look at thrush returning as an indication that the candida is getting worse; it should come and go as you get better…there are good and bad days.

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

How do we know that your good habits limited the fungal-form of candida, and the yeast you see on the tongue is just some slight overgrowth of the easily controllable form?

I dont know how you dressed the salad…maybe its not the eggs (eggs are still not good for other reasons)but when I hear you say all I had was a salad and some eggs, it doesnt make sense that an instant tongue coating should result.
    Was the dressing full of vinegar and was it sweetened as well?

Maybe its a reaction from what you ate yesterday.

Maybe whatever was in the dressing was just enough to tip the odds in favor of more growth?

jackrackblack

Vegan Catlady;53499 wrote: How do we know that your good habits limited the fungal-form of candida, and the yeast you see on the tongue is just some slight overgrowth of the easily controllable form?

I dont know how you dressed the salad…maybe its not the eggs (eggs are still not good for other reasons)but when I hear you say all I had was a salad and some eggs, it doesnt make sense that an instant tongue coating should result.
    Was the dressing full of vinegar and was it sweetened as well?

Maybe its a reaction from what you ate yesterday.

Maybe whatever was in the dressing was just enough to tip the odds in favor of more growth?

I can’t remember exactly but I pretty much put an avocado, cucumber, celery, spinach and olive oil in a blender and pureed it with water. Then I added a little sea salt and black pepper. I may have put a dash of ACV in there. But it was a homemade dressing.

Vegan Catlady

jackrackblack;53500 wrote:

I can’t remember exactly but I pretty much put an avocado, cucumber, celery, spinach and olive oil in a blender and pureed it with water. Then I added a little sea salt and black pepper. I may have put a dash of ACV in there. But it was a homemade dressing.

Nothing you ate sounds like it would cause candida-growth.

Did you have an exceptionally stressful day?

I just read 4 articles ( I read anywhere from 3 to 15 a day) claiming stress is a legitimate factor in candida growth.
    But you know, if the article wasnt written by an actual doctor, I figure its probably regurgitated information from other sites. Even if its good information.

Im sensitive to your post because most of the time I cant see a clear pattern with what I eat and what I feel/see when the candida goes up and down.

Makes me think whatever we do today wont be experienced until tomorrow, or even the next day maybe. Hate that.

🙂

Peter
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 17

approximately_me;53496 wrote: I have a similar reaction. I get a thrush increase with onions, eggs, spinach, and other foods. It drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure it out. Later, I realized I have immune reactions to those same foods–especially the high sulfur ones. I have a feeling an immune response lessens the body’s ability to control the thrush. Conversely, if I take something that boosts my innate immune system (like pine cone extract) the thrush lessons. I’ve found that changes, both positive and negative, to my innate immune system effect my yeast levels much more, than say, antifungals or probiotics. This evidences, I think, the notion that what most people have isn’t a candida problem, but an immune problem.

Totally agree with you indeed candida infection does not exist in people with a strong immunodefense system. But i swear also to you that the body can increase his immunodeficence as well as it can recover from it and i can be a witness about that because it is since 2 years around that i don’t get a cold or influence, i swear i never had such similar things in last 2 years. Although the damn candida is still there.

Vegan Catlady

The immune system theory makes total sense, but I dont make sense. sigh.

I have not had immune issues since 2009, no infections of any kind or any colds, I have school children in and out of my house with all kinds of illnesses, colds,pink eye, sinus infections, and I never catch a thing,not even a sniffle!

I think for a few, this has to be beyond the immune system.

I think if you have a strong immune system but your elimination is weak/clogged (lymph,whatever), it might be a sneaky little back door for candida.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

Vegan Catlady;53531 wrote: The immune system theory makes total sense, but I dont make sense. sigh.

I have not had immune issues since 2009, no infections of any kind or any colds, I have school children in and out of my house with all kinds of illnesses, colds,pink eye, sinus infections, and I never catch a thing,not even a sniffle!

I think for a few, this has to be beyond the immune system.

I think if you have a strong immune system but your elimination is weak/clogged (lymph,whatever), it might be a sneaky little back door for candida.

Your immune system is multifaceted. For a person with a significant immune problem, it’s like off balance–under-performing in some areas, over-performing in others.

I too haven’t had a single cold or flu since I became seriously ill two years ago. That doesn’t mean I didn’t or don’t have them, but that my immune system is not expressing itself through symptoms (fever, cough etc). For example, a year ago a doctor diagnosed me with one of the worst cases of strepp he’d ever seen. I didn’t have a single symptom. Further, recent labwork from my doctor suggests my immune system is seriously non-functional–my T and B cells, among other things, for example, are way below the minimum.

I highly recommend looking up how Th1-Th2 immunity works. A cursory google search will bring up some useful sites.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Peter;53524 wrote:

I have a similar reaction. I get a thrush increase with onions, eggs, spinach, and other foods. It drove me crazy for quite a while trying to figure it out. Later, I realized I have immune reactions to those same foods–especially the high sulfur ones. I have a feeling an immune response lessens the body’s ability to control the thrush. Conversely, if I take something that boosts my innate immune system (like pine cone extract) the thrush lessons. I’ve found that changes, both positive and negative, to my innate immune system effect my yeast levels much more, than say, antifungals or probiotics. This evidences, I think, the notion that what most people have isn’t a candida problem, but an immune problem.

Totally agree with you indeed candida infection does not exist in people with a strong immunodefense system. But i swear also to you that the body can increase his immunodeficence as well as it can recover from it and i can be a witness about that because it is since 2 years around that i don’t get a cold or influence, i swear i never had such similar things in last 2 years. Although the damn candida is still there.

People with upregulated Th2 activity or total immune suppression/weakness, which is pretty much universal with candidiasis, usually stop getting common colds and flu’s. Its another sign of the problem.

Vegan Catlady

approximately_me;53538 wrote:

I too haven’t had a single cold or flu since I became seriously ill two years ago. That doesn’t mean I didn’t or don’t have them, but that my immune system is not expressing itself through symptoms (fever, cough etc). For example, a year ago a doctor diagnosed me with one of the worst cases of strepp he’d ever seen. I didn’t have a single symptom. Further, recent labwork from my doctor suggests my immune system is seriously non-functional–my T and B cells, among other things, for example, are way below the minimum.

I highly recommend looking up how Th1-Th2 immunity works. A cursory google search will bring up some useful sites.

2 years ago you didnt have a cold or the flu, but 1 year ago you had the worst case of strep your doctor ever saw…
    May I ask what you were visiting the doctor for then, if you had no symptoms?

I know im misunderstanding somewhere. I read alot into facial communication so im not so quick on posts.

What im gathering then is that you could have potentially died if you were not seeing the doctor for something and he just happened to have found the worst case of strep?
    Correct me if im wrong, but strep can travel to the heart if not kept in check, right?

I will just say here that doctors are a bunch of shit, in my experience, so when someone tells me their doctor tells them something that also happens to make the doctor more necessary, I just remind myself of the last three doctors I saw that told me candida isnt a problem unless I have HIV 🙂

For example, in my last blood panel, my c-reactive protein-hs was high.
    normal is 1> . mine was 4.5. She didnt see a reason this should be discussed with me, but did mark on my paperwork for the desk clerk to tell me that I need to buy vitamin supplements, and her office happens to sell them.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Just read about th1 th2. Intersting stuff. Says there are supplements to shift the immune response the right way. Anyone have experience. Clearly we all have an immune problem which I’ve recognized for some time.http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

I have a coated tongue when I am detoxing. It also happens if I eat bad things. So, I guess it goes both ways.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Why did my tongue completely regress?’ is closed to new replies.