White tongue, starting cleanse tomorrow, Help please!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions White tongue, starting cleanse tomorrow, Help please!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Hey Brit, I am curious as to why you think that you have a candida infestation? Do you have other symptoms besides the white tongue. Your tongue didn’t look that bad to me, and usually yeast hurts a bit when it is on your tongue. You probably ought to try the oil pulling for a while and lay off the carbs and sugars in your diet, that is, if you don’t have other symptoms.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Kag;40102 wrote: Hey Brit, I am curious as to why you think that you have a candida infestation? Do you have other symptoms besides the white tongue. Your tongue didn’t look that bad to me, and usually yeast hurts a bit when it is on your tongue. You probably ought to try the oil pulling for a while and lay off the carbs and sugars in your diet, that is, if you don’t have other symptoms.

This is interesting because my tongue is similar to Brit’s; it does not hurt at all, though. However, I do have some other symptoms. I do oil pulling and clean my tongue with a separate toothbrush, but I notice if I stop, it just comes back. raster says it will not fully go away until I reduce the yeast in my body/small intestine. I stopped concentrating so much on oil pulling, because I figure, I could be drinking or cooking with all of that useful EVCO!

jay253
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 43

i had the same issue as serene it would come back mine started after using amoxacillin i used now foods mouth wash with caprilic and oregano oil and im eating coconut oil and real olive oil everyday and its keeping it away, i think its the olive oil though its really spicy i use one that tastes like grass and a bitter olive kind. there is olive extract throat sprays that could help with temporary symptoms. Does your tonsels bother you?

britishcolumbia
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

serenedream;40115 wrote:

Hey Brit, I am curious as to why you think that you have a candida infestation? Do you have other symptoms besides the white tongue. Your tongue didn’t look that bad to me, and usually yeast hurts a bit when it is on your tongue. You probably ought to try the oil pulling for a while and lay off the carbs and sugars in your diet, that is, if you don’t have other symptoms.

This is interesting because my tongue is similar to Brit’s; it does not hurt at all, though. However, I do have some other symptoms. I do oil pulling and clean my tongue with a separate toothbrush, but I notice if I stop, it just comes back. raster says it will not fully go away until I reduce the yeast in my body/small intestine. I stopped concentrating so much on oil pulling, because I figure, I could be drinking or cooking with all of that useful EVCO!

I don’t have any other symptoms other than the white tongue, no pain involved in the tongue either.

Serenedream basically answered your question Kag. I’d rather try to fix the problem inside of me rather than just put a bandaid on it by oil pulling. Or at least that’s what my research so far has led me to believe. Living on a strict diet for a few weeks or months really isn’t a huge deal either. Plus, unless I’m wrong, couldn’t this infestation eventually grow to the point where I do have other problems?

Able, are prebiotic foods and supplements okay to take throughout the entire diet? Should I start taking prebiotics?

serenedream

jay253;40116 wrote: i had the same issue as serene it would come back mine started after using amoxacillin i used now foods mouth wash with caprilic and oregano oil and im eating coconut oil and real olive oil everyday and its keeping it away, i think its the olive oil though its really spicy i use one that tastes like grass and a bitter olive kind. there is olive extract throat sprays that could help with temporary symptoms. Does your tonsels bother you?

My throat doesn’t bother me at all. I have no mouth pain at all, just white coating on tongue (try not to refer to it as thrush as I read a post from Jorge that describes the difference). I do have other mild symptoms, though.

Brit, if all you have is a white tongue with NO other symptoms, it’s possible you may not have CRC, although the diet and protocol will help eradicate whatever mild yeast overgrowth you may have. I read white coating on tongue goes hand in hand with CRC in most cases. Do you/have you used inhalers/steroids? I’ve read other things can cause a white coating on tongue..

At this point, I do feel fortunate enough to be in the same boat and not suffering from food allergies, leaky gut, and other severe symptoms like some other members.

serenedream

britishcolumbia;40123 wrote:

Able, are prebiotic foods and supplements okay to take throughout the entire diet? Should I start taking prebiotics?

I introduced oat bran (prebiotic which feeds the flora) after about two weeks of being on the diet. I believe they are fully encouraged throughout the entire diet as prebiotics feed the flora which becomes the main task at hand, as opposed to antifungals.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

britishcolumbia;40123 wrote: Plus, unless I’m wrong, couldn’t this infestation eventually grow to the point where I do have other problems?

Exactly, Brit. A Candida infestation usually starts with a yeast problem consisting of just one or two minor symptoms, and if not treated, this can and often does grow into a full blown Candida fungal infestation over time. Best to stop it from the inside as you’ve written, and as soon as possible after the first symptoms appear.

If you’re on the strict diet, you’re eating prebiotics every day.
    The vegetables on the strict diet are prebiotic foods, as well as some other foods such as Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal, buckwheat, rice bran, and coconut flour which contains both insoluable and soluable fiber; soluble fiber is a prebiotic food source.

Able

britishcolumbia

My 12th day of following the strict diet is coming to an end. Just wanted to double check with some things before I start probiotics.

Vitamins and Herbs I am currently taking:
    Milk Thistle: 350 mcg per day
    Vitamin C: 3000 mcg per day
    Biotin: 1000 mcg per day
    Vitamin D3: 5000 units per day
    Vitamin E: 400 units per day
    Ashwagandha: Diretions on bottle, 3 times a day

I’ve been having a liver flush drink once a day

I’ve been eating a bundle of raw asparagus every day or two, raw dandelions, lots of onions, zucchini, green bell peppers, jalapenos, salads. I’ve been having about 1 & 1/2 cups of brussel sprouts every other day too.

Antifungals:
    Coconut Oil: Up to 8 teaspoons per day now
    Oregeno Oil: Up 7 Drops per day now

I only had 2 eggs per day for the first 7 days. Since then I increased that amount by 1 egg per day, to 7 eggs per day. I feel that is all I need for protein. Any activity where I feel I need energy, I always plan it so I can do it immediately after I have a good meal consisting of 3 of 4 eggs.

The only die off symptom I have has been being a bit moody. I’m not enitrely sure this is die off though, as I think I might just be a little upset about not eating what I want. Other than that, I’ve had zero physical die off symptoms.

I bought a kefir starter kit. I did a search on the forum and Able approved it.

Now a few questions for Able:

1. Given how my case ‘apparantely’ is relatively minor, do you think that I should still only start with 2-3 bites of kefir?

2. In regards to the timing of the probiotic, kefir, I should take it by itself and have nothing before or after for a few hours?

3. I bought some “Stabilized Rice Bran” from a local store.(Natures Finest by Natures Fare.) They did not have the Red Mill there so I found a private label. I compared ingredients of it to stuff I found online for Bob’s Red Mill. The only significant difference is the stuff I bought contains 10mg of Sodium per 100G while Bob’s Red Mill does not contain any sodium. Is this okay for me to have?

4. Should I continue to raise my coconut oil intake as I start probiotics?

5. Is it still okay to eat whole food antifungals? Jalapenos and Brussel Sprouts to be exact.

That’s all for now. Thank you very much for the help! Comments are more than welcome! The work that has been put into the diet, protocol, etc is very much appreciated!

Able900
    Spectator

Now a few questions for Able:

1. Given how my case ‘apparantely’ is relatively minor, do you think that I should still only start with 2-3 bites of kefir?

Yes I do.

2. In regards to the timing of the probiotic, kefir, I should take it by itself and have nothing before or after for a few hours?

I don’t believe that’s necessary, and it isn’t the way I drank the kefir myself as I usually had it as a snack along with some food.

3. I bought some “Stabilized Rice Bran” from a local store.(Natures Finest by Natures Fare.) They did not have the Red Mill there so I found a private label. I compared ingredients of it to stuff I found online for Bob’s Red Mill. The only significant difference is the stuff I bought contains 10mg of Sodium per 100G while Bob’s Red Mill does not contain any sodium. Is this okay for me to have?

I really wouldn’t know since I’ve never eaten that brand myself and don’t know how it was made, etc. All I can actually state is that it “sounds” like the correct form.

4. Should I continue to raise my coconut oil intake as I start probiotics?

You can raise the amount every three days since you’re not experiencing any die-off.

5. Is it still okay to eat whole food antifungals? Jalapenos and Brussel Sprouts to be exact.

Yes.

Able

britishcolumbia

Around the week 3-4 mark, a small portion of my tongue went COMPLETELY free of any growth. For example, after having kefir, all of my tongue would be white, from the kefir sticking to the growth, except for the small portion where the growth had disappeared. I was excited and was hoping I would be done with it soon! However, 5-7 days after the nice growth free area of my tongue appeared, the growth reappeared. I didn’t change anything with my diet during that time except increase my coconut oil intake by a few teaspoons.

I visited a local naturopath at week 5 of my diet.

I told her about the diet, Able’s Diet, that I’ve been following and she said it sounds good.

She told me to continue with the diet, and increase my probiotic count. (I was only taking one 20-14 megaflora per day. She had me being taking 3 per day, one break open capsule on tongue and swallow, and two swallowed. Since I hadn’t notice a difference I asked if I should increase the probiotic count. She said for three or four days to increase the count and see what happens. I am now taking a total of 6 Innate Response per day. (20 billion, 14 strains)

I haven’t experienced any die off effects other than being a little moody. This was more at the 1-3 week stage of the diet, no symptoms now.

Naturopath also told me to continue with 3000 Vitamin C, Ashwagandha if I still feel it necessary, and about 5000 units of D3. She told me to stop taking biotin, Milk Thistle, Vitamin E, so I did. I eased myself off Ashwaganha and feel comfortable without taking it.

Typical food eaten during one day

So I’ve been following the strict diet and protocol for 7 weeks now. 14 teaspoons of coconut oil per day, 1 litre of kefir per day, 3000 Vitamin C per day, 5000 D3 per day.

Around the week 3-4 mark, a small portion of my tongue went COMPLETELY free of any growth. For example, after having kefir, all of my tongue would be white, from the kefir sticking to the growth, except for the small portion where the growth had disappeared. I was excited and was hoping I would be done with it soon! However, 5-7 days after the nice growth free area of my tongue appeared, the growth reappeared. I didn’t change anything with my diet during that time except increase my coconut oil intake by a few teaspoons.

I visited a local naturopath at week 5 of my diet.

I told her about the diet, Able’s Diet, that I’ve been following and she said it sounds good.

She told me to continue with the diet, and increase my probiotic count. (I was only taking one 20-14 megaflora per day. She had me being taking 3 per day, one break open capsule on tongue and swallow, and two swallowed. Since I hadn’t notice a difference I asked if I should increase the probiotic count. She said for three or four days to increase the count and see what happens. I am now taking a total of 6 Innate Response per day. (20 billion, 14 strains)

I haven’t experienced any die off effects other than being a little moody. This was more at the 1-3 week stage of the diet, no symptoms now.

Naturopath also told me to continue with 3000 Vitamin C, Ashwagandha if I still feel it necessary, and about 5000 units of D3. She told me to stop taking biotin, Milk Thistle, Vitamin E, so I did. I eased myself off Ashwaganha and feel comfortable without taking it.

Typical food eaten during one day

1 loaf of coconut bread (6 organic eggs, olive oil, sea salt, coconut four)
    2-3 Cucumbers
    2-3 Green Peppers
    1 Cup of Bobs Red Mill Organic Oat Bran
    2 avacados
    Salad with lettuce, cucumbers, radish, green peppers
    3 organic eggs cooked in olive oil
    1 cup of brussel sprouts
    1 litre of kefir (Starter kit, have grains being shipped)

I lost about 15 lbs since I started the diet, however that stabilized. Naturopath said it was important that I try to gain some weight back in the form of muscle mass. She gave me a recipe for a smoothie to make to have either immediately before or after working out.

Here is the recipe.

3/4 scoop of mens greens http://www.clinicvitamins.com/innate-response-mens-greens-10-6-oz/
    2 table spoons of hemp seeds
    1 tsp of Super EFA Liquid – Essential Fatty Acid
    15 Grams of Hydrolized Whey Protein http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Hydrolyzed-Whey-Protein-18-oz-510-g/18665
    1 1/2 cup of water
    1 Avacado

I worked out about 7 or 8 times, and have used the smoothie. I have since gained three or four pounds back and I feel great.

Questions

What are your thoughts about the ingredients in the mens greens and the whey protein?

What is going to put me over the top and beat this thing?! Any suggestions?!

Thoughts/Comments about what I currently eat every day?

I’m currently still only eating organic chicken twice a week, can I increase this to 3-4 times per week? Please tell me I can!

Comments are very appreciated! THanks!!

ms81
    Replies: 27

britishcolumbia;39728 wrote:

Here are some pictures I just took. The back of the tongue, where I can’t reach with a toothbrush, is more heavily coated. Yes, the white tongue is the only symptom I have or have had. I work full time, but am more than willing to go through a tough diet to sort this out. I’ve had it since November 2012.

I’ve learned a lot just reading through some of the links you provided Able, thanks. Any comments regarding the pictures? Thanks!

Dude, your tongue looks clean!!! my tongue was so white it was on white on the sides…smh

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Brit. Your questions are answered below.

britishcolumbia;42840 wrote: What are your thoughts about the ingredients in the mens greens and the whey protein?

I’m not crazy about mixing whey protein with a Candida treatment myself, and I never used it during my own treatment. Personally, I would substitute a little more chicken and more hemp seed and oat bran for the whey.

What is going to put me over the top and beat this thing?! Any suggestions?!

Probably probiotics, eventually.

Thoughts/Comments about what I currently eat every day?

Your diet sounds alright other than the whey products.

I’m currently still only eating organic chicken twice a week, can I increase this to 3-4 times per week?

Test and raise the amount very slowly; watch for any type of reaction. What you’ll be doing is adding a little more ammonia to your body and one never knows how the Candida will react when you add something they need.

Able

britishcolumbia

I’ve had some success lately!

A week ago, I resumed taking a liver flush drink (small chunk of ginger, 1 table spoon of olive oil, and one cup of water) twice a day. A patch on my tongue has started to come back to the healthy pink color that it should be!! I think it may have stalled out a little bit now though, as the healthy patch doesn’t seem to be getting bigger. So my question is now, is there any other options I can do to flush/clean my liver that will speed up the process?

I am confident that the liver flush is what is making my tongue healthy because a few weeks into my diet I had a healthy patch on my tongue in the exact same spot while i was having a liver flush drink daily. However, I stopped the liver flush without realizing it was helping me.

Furthermore, I’m intersted to hear opinions about this webpage. http://www.liverdoctor.com/is-your-tongue-trying-to-tell-you-something

Thanks!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try out raster’s liver cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3877_Rasters-late-in-your-treatment-liver-cleanse.aspx

There is a strong relationship to your health and your liver, so this could help greatly.

-raster

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘White tongue, starting cleanse tomorrow, Help please!’ is closed to new replies.