White tongue coating comes and goes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions White tongue coating comes and goes

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AngVan 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hellosummers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Hi there! I have recently started the candida cleanse (bought the E-book) and following all the directions. Have been strictly following the diet and looking at my tongue daily to see if changes have been happening for the better. Last week my tongue started to clear up significantly and only had white coating in the center (less than a size of a pin tack). Now yesterday and today I have noticed the whole front of my tongue is covered in white and won’t go away. Is this normal? Has anyone else been keeping track of their tongues on a daily basis? I feel like it’s something that I ate that is creating this.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

This is probably related to something that you ate. Did you eat anything that contains a lot of sugar? Or that had antibiotic properties? Something has changed the environment in your mouth, and allowed the yeast to bloom again. You might be able to change that quickly by doing some oil pulling with coconut oil.

The good news is that this is likely very localized, and with all the dietary changes your gut is probably still getting healthier. So I wouldn’t get too caught up on daily changes in your tongue. Focus instead on your digestion, and how you are feeling!

hellosummers
    Participant

I do oil pulling every morning and trying to figure out what it is that I ate. The last things were eggs a couple days ago, eggplant and crab legs. I think I am allergic to all 3 as I did not feel good afterwards.

AngVan
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

My tongue is always coated and white! The taste buds are enlarged, also. I have been on a very strict diet for 2 months now. (Not just the diet, but antifungals, probiotics, etc.)
    My body has improved, but not the tongue.

I oil pull for 20 mins a day, use hydrogen peroxide, oil of oregano swish, sometimes tea tree oil swish, and other things and still have an ugly tongue.

hellosummers
    Participant

AngVan, what kind of probiotics and anitfungals have you been using? I’ve noticed that my tongue coating comes and goes. A couple days ago it was great looking and then I added asparagus, celery and cabbage to my diet and it went back to oral thrush. So the body reacts to different foods even though they are on the “safe list.” I am still trying to figure it all out and it’s hard to be so strict and I’m barely getting enough calories a day with all the food restrictions!

hellosummers
    Participant

Ang, have you also tried the VSL#3 as recommended?

AngVan
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Thanks for your response. For antifungals I have been using oil of oregano, raw garlic, grapefruit seed extract, coconut oil, ACV.
    For probiotics Greek unsweetened yogurt, vitamins with probiotics, kefir, and just started Colostrum. I am allergic to Activia yogurt and a high quality probiotic in capsule form. So, am having a hard time getting more probiotics.

I have developed a rash on my chest the size of a dime. It is raised and red and ugly. Here I thought I was getting this under control.

I have not tried VSL #3. I hate to try expensive things and use it once or twice to have me be allergic.
    Thanks for your input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘White tongue coating comes and goes’ is closed to new replies.