Which probiotic??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Which probiotic??

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  samolito9 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

samolito9
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 25

http://www.ibuypharmacy.co.nz/944/Lifestream-Bowel-Biotics-Advanced-Probiotics-Vegetarian-Capsules-60.aspx
    Been taking this for a month now, thinking of buying another one or getting another brand. The count per capsule is 2billion however it contains 14 strains i was taking it twice a day, just check it out. And in this country i can’t find Ultimate flora which is a bummer for me. I took glutamine as well to repair my leaky gut and coconut oil and nystatin. What should i do regarding the probiotic. I have been having an insane die off at the moment i cannot feel my teeth or jaw hopefully its getting better been 4 days so far.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

You should be making your own kefir and drinking lots of it every day, several times a day. Remember that kefir can cause die-off so start with a small amount if you’re not already using it.

Two billion CFU’s is an extremely small amount considering that you’re fighting a Candida infestation. I would work up to taking as many in a 24 hour period as you can afford to take. And if you can’t find anything containing higher amounts, you should at least try to feed the bacteria as much as possible to be certain that they survive and multiply. I would suggest purchasing pure spirulina and taking it every day as a prebiotic to ensure that you are feeding the bacteria enough. Be careful when you first start taking this because it can cause die-off symptoms, and they can be pretty severe with spirulina.

Able

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

Able, is there a recommended amount of kefir to take in a day? Also, my understanding is that, if possible, we should take on an empty stomach? I currently drink a cup morning and night, and would LOVE to drink more because I love it, but don’t know what is recommended.

Also, one of my symptoms coming into the strict diet has been constipation that has landed me in emergency rooms for my entire life. When I first started the strict diet, this seemed to get better, but I’m pretty borderline right now, and i just read somewhere on the forum that kefir can help with constipation—is that true? If so, I would drink as much as is reasonable.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice.

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

Jojilla;47210 wrote: Able, is there a recommended amount of kefir to take in a day? Also, my understanding is that, if possible, we should take on an empty stomach? I currently drink a cup morning and night, and would LOVE to drink more because I love it, but don’t know what is recommended.

Also, one of my symptoms coming into the strict diet has been constipation that has landed me in emergency rooms for my entire life. When I first started the strict diet, this seemed to get better, but I’m pretty borderline right now, and i just read somewhere on the forum that kefir can help with constipation—is that true? If so, I would drink as much as is reasonable.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/advice.

i would like to know as well

samolito9

Theres another probiotic which i took 3months ago but there was no point back then since i was not following the diet at all i was only taking it. This one per capsule contains 15billion CFU, they are broken down to 5billion Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, 4billion Lactobacillus acidophilus,3billion bidifobacterium bifidum,1billion bifidobacterium breve,1billion bifidobacterium longum, 1 billion lactobacillus bulgaricus. And 300mg of Prebiotics which are broken down into 150mg of Inulin and 150mg of Fructooligosaccharides(FDS), It is written on the packet that it has 6 scientifically proven strains.
    So which probiotic should i get this one or the same one i was taking which had 2 billion per capsule and 14 strains?

Regaring Kefir, i can’t find kefir grains. however we have Laban over here which is yoghurt. This is what it contains. Ingredients: natural pasteurized full fat fresh cow milk, lactic culture. Nutrition facts per 100g. Energy:63Kcal Protein 3.2g Fat 3.5g Carbohydrates 4.6g Calcium 118mg. is this good or bad?

samolito9

Can anyone help ?? 😀

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

Samolito9—can you purchase your kefir grains from an online website that sells them? Or is that the problem? You can’t find them online?

samolito9

Getting stuff online from here is pretty much a hassle, i would rather get my hands on something instead

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

An infant can take around 1 or 2 billion probiotics a day. Not strong enough for candida, thats for sure. Vsl 3 is one of the strongest probiotics out there. I take it on an empty stomach and don’t eat nothing for an hour afterwords. Ultima flora is also a good one. That from my experience.

samolito9

I found one here with 15 billion per capsule and 6 proven strains, i posted what it on contains above check it, i am thinking to take it twice a day once when i wake up and before i sleep so 30 billion per day. What do u think?

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

30 isn’t too bad but I would go with more. Unless your just starting out probiotics. 30 is fine if you can tolerate milk or goat kefir. I don’t touch dairy so I take vsl 3

samolito9

I started with 4 billion per day now im gonna go up to 30. I just had some labneh which is dry yohgurt It has some salt tho thankfully no stomach reactions.im thinking of drinking alot of yoghurt i posted what the ingredients are above can i have from it ??

Able900
    Spectator

Jojilla;47210 wrote: Able, is there a recommended amount of kefir to take in a day? Also, my understanding is that, if possible, we should take on an empty stomach? I currently drink a cup morning and night, and would LOVE to drink more because I love it, but don’t know what is recommended.

Jojilla, I’ve had members to tell me that they drink up to a quart a day of homemade kefir. As long as your die-off symptoms are under control, you could continue to increase the amount you’re drinking in a day’s time, but watch for an increase in the die-off and if it occurs, slow down on increasing the amount.

As far as constipation is concerned, the die-off toxins often cause mild to severe constipation. Whether or not the kefir can help with the problem depends on the individual; some people have success with it with it while others may not. So really all you can do is see what happens as you increase the amounts.

Sean

Able900
    Spectator

samolito9;47226 wrote: Theres another probiotic which i took 3months ago but there was no point back then since i was not following the diet at all i was only taking it. This one per capsule contains 15billion CFU, they are broken down to 5billion Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, 4billion Lactobacillus acidophilus,3billion bidifobacterium bifidum,1billion bifidobacterium breve,1billion bifidobacterium longum, 1 billion lactobacillus bulgaricus. And 300mg of Prebiotics which are broken down into 150mg of Inulin and 150mg of Fructooligosaccharides(FDS), It is written on the packet that it has 6 scientifically proven strains.
    So which probiotic should i get this one or the same one i was taking which had 2 billion per capsule and 14 strains?

Regaring Kefir, i can’t find kefir grains. however we have Laban over here which is yoghurt. This is what it contains. Ingredients: natural pasteurized full fat fresh cow milk, lactic culture. Nutrition facts per 100g. Energy:63Kcal Protein 3.2g Fat 3.5g Carbohydrates 4.6g Calcium 118mg. is this good or bad?

Definitely take the 15 billion CFU probiotic and leave the 2 billion one alone. You need more CFU’s so you’ll need to slowly continue adding another 15 billion capsule to your regimen as long as your die-off symptoms are at a minimum.

The problem with commercial yogurts or kefir is that we have no idea how long the fermentation process lasted. I have no idea about the quality of fermentation of the yogurt you described, so all you can do is test it if you want to.

Sean

samolito9

From what doctors say, it contains good bacteria so im going to have from it daily. There is a dryer version of it as well known as labneh however it contains salt so i guess im going to have it once a week . I got vitamin c tablets as well the nutritionist told me to take 4 tablets daily each tablet contains 1000 mg. How should i plan to take them ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Which probiotic??’ is closed to new replies.