Which fiber/laxative do you use?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Which fiber/laxative do you use?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Danny33 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

littlealyeska
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I know that keeping the bowels moving regularly is super important for expelling toxins. Since I have IBS, constipation is a constant problem for me. I have tried a bunch of different fiber/laxative types, and a lot of them make my IBS worse (especially stimulant types like senna).

What fiber supplement do you use?

I really appreciate the recommendations! 🙂

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Little,

Fiber can help but its never a significant factor in improving BM’s in my experience. Acacia Fiber is my favorite though.

I’ve never had constipation in my life until my long run with anti-biotics. Constipation is now one of my worst symptoms.

What I’m doing currently is supplementing S. Boulardii yeast + diet. This is working for me, although I’ve heard it can cause constipation but that has not been the case. I’m taking between 15-30 billion a day.

You need to stop using stimulant laxatives like Senna. I wish I was told about enema kits (about 7.00$ on amazon.com) a long time ago, these work great and are very safe in my experience. Not only will they help tremendously with constipation, you can add pro-biotics, Boulardii, etc. I don’t use them every day/week like some people do but they are safe if done correctly.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Which fiber/laxative do you use?’ is closed to new replies.