Which diet to follow?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Which diet to follow?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  trlevi 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

trlevi
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 12

This is my first post here.

There are so many diets out there it is extremely overwhelming, as is much of the information on this site. I believe I have had candida for a looong time. I haven’t experienced side effects as severe as some I have seen on this site, but have suffered many of the common symptoms, such as digestive problems, fatigue, weak immunity, depression, itching, and minor skin problems. I don’t believe my symptoms to be severe, which leads me to the conclusion that my candida overpopulation is somewhat moderate or even mild at the moment.

I have done a few diets with somewhat postive results, but unfortunately, the benefits have always been short-lived. Even off the diet I eat relatively healthy, eating very little low glycemic fruit, almost no refined sugar, and grains mostly accepted on candida sites. I do, however, LOVE coffee and have a little bread from time to time; the two things I miss most on the candida diet.

Many of the books, diets, etc. just seem to be scams designed for profit, which is why I turn to you.

What is your opinion of the diet advocated on the candidadiet webstite and the Ultimate Candida Diet? Is it worth trying or do I need to be doing something stricter?

Are there any reasonable books out there that can help me deal with this in an economical manner without going to a doctor?

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here are some books from my book list that I created:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9452_Book-list-and-valuable-reading.aspx

I recommend starting out as strict as possible starting out and slowly introduce things like fruit over time.

The coffee is going to cause inflammation and will benefit the yeast and poor health, so this is a simple thing to avoid for better health. To wake up in the morning I recommend trying out chamomile tea which will wake up the liver. I steep it for a long time to make it strong.

-raster

trlevi
    Participant

Thanks for your helpful reply. Is there a specific diet you recommend?

raster
    Participant

trlevi
    Participant

Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Is stage one to be done after a cleanse? And, although everyone is different, how long should the stages generally last?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

trlevi;58143 wrote: This is my first post here.

There are so many diets out there it is extremely overwhelming, as is much of the information on this site. I believe I have had candida for a looong time. I haven’t experienced side effects as severe as some I have seen on this site, but have suffered many of the common symptoms, such as digestive problems, fatigue, weak immunity, depression, itching, and minor skin problems. I don’t believe my symptoms to be severe, which leads me to the conclusion that my candida overpopulation is somewhat moderate or even mild at the moment.

I have done a few diets with somewhat postive results, but unfortunately, the benefits have always been short-lived. Even off the diet I eat relatively healthy, eating very little low glycemic fruit, almost no refined sugar, and grains mostly accepted on candida sites. I do, however, LOVE coffee and have a little bread from time to time; the two things I miss most on the candida diet.

Many of the books, diets, etc. just seem to be scams designed for profit, which is why I turn to you.

What is your opinion of the diet advocated on the candidadiet webstite and the Ultimate Candida Diet? Is it worth trying or do I need to be doing something stricter?

Are there any reasonable books out there that can help me deal with this in an economical manner without going to a doctor?

Thanks!

Trlevi,

The diet should be low sugar and address any food sensitivities, allergies, etc that may be present.

There is no such thing as the perfect diet for all candida sufferers since we all have different levels of chronic inflammation, flora, yeast overgrowth, dysbiosis, immune suppressors, Treg deficiencies, etc.
    The diet should be based on Vegetables, Protein (Meat, eggs, etc.), Fat (from leaf and meat, not omega-6-rich seeds) and rest is up to you.

I believe those with mild yeast overgrowth can probably get away with foods like apples, berries, etc during treatment and those with severe cases cannot.

I drink coffee(black) almost daily with no issues at all, this may not be the case for somebody else.
    Question controversial foods and do the research yourself. The diet gets easier as you go forward because you will learn what works and what doesn’t.

-D

trlevi
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, guys. I’ve been doing more reading. Much of the information is very contradicting, which can be somewhat overwhelming. But, I guess it’s like you say Danny, you have to find out what works for you. That being said there must definitely be some things that don’t work.

I just read the book “The Candida Cure” by Ann Boroch, and there are many confusing things in there. For example, she doesn’t advocate taking probiotics, if I read correctly, until after 3 months of being on the diet, and doesn’t include any kind of a initial detox other than drinking Red Clover Tea,

I’d love to hear what other people are doing.

raster
    Participant

Red clover is a strong antifungal and it should help in detoxing. You likely will benefit from probiotics at any time but at the beginning it might cause more die-off. Basically you should be careful of starches (which convert to sugar), natural sugars (for instance pineapple contains 30g of sugar per serving), stuff that contains mold (dried food items like dried apricots, raisins, etc), dairy (lactose is a sugar), and stuff that causes inflammation (grains, meat such as pork and beef, some coconut products, fried foods).

There are a lot of detox aids and there are lots of different “plans” out there on the internet where they have a variety of step by step plans. There are lots of different supplements and products out there…a whole alternative health industry is there for you and naturopaths to borrow from.

But I can get you going in certain directions if you want me to…been at this for the last 4 years.

-raster

trlevi
    Participant

I would love that Raster. Thank you for your generosity.

trlevi
    Participant

Hello again! OTher than the food list available here on the forum, which looks really solid, I haven’t seen any particular regimen advocated. I am basically in the same place I was when I originally posted. While I have modified my diet by eliminating added sugars, I haven’t started a candida diet due to various factors.

Now, I am contemplating, as I was when I originally posted, which plan to follow. I did the Ultimate Candida diet from the website and had mixed results, probably due to the short time on the diet and rapid reintroduction of foods; the reintroduction stage advocated is very, very vague.

After reading a bit, I am thinking about doing the Candida Cure diet by Ann Boroch, but there are many questionable components of her diet which I guess I can do my best to modify. I also have looked and Jeffery McCombs plan,whose name I came across here,which also has questionable elements. I have briefly looked at the Body Ecology diet, which apparently shares much in common with the Candida Cure by Ann Boroch.

I know that no plan is suitable for all and that we’re all different, but surely there must be one that is more suited for most cases.

Any suggestions or tips as to which diet plan to follow would be greatly appreciated.

raster
    Participant

trlevi;60086 wrote: Hello again! OTher than the food list available here on the forum, which looks really solid, I haven’t seen any particular regimen advocated. I am basically in the same place I was when I originally posted. While I have modified my diet by eliminating added sugars, I haven’t started a candida diet due to various factors.

Now, I am contemplating, as I was when I originally posted, which plan to follow. I did the Ultimate Candida diet from the website and had mixed results, probably due to the short time on the diet and rapid reintroduction of foods; the reintroduction stage advocated is very, very vague.

After reading a bit, I am thinking about doing the Candida Cure diet by Ann Boroch, but there are many questionable components of her diet which I guess I can do my best to modify. I also have looked and Jeffery McCombs plan,whose name I came across here,which also has questionable elements. I have briefly looked at the Body Ecology diet, which apparently shares much in common with the Candida Cure by Ann Boroch.

I know that no plan is suitable for all and that we’re all different, but surely there must be one that is more suited for most cases.

Any suggestions or tips as to which diet plan to follow would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest creating your own custom diet that suits you. This typically gets developed over a long period of time with trial and error.

-raster

trlevi
    Participant

Any opinions on the plans I mentioned?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Which diet to follow?’ is closed to new replies.