where to get oat bran flour?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice where to get oat bran flour?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 7 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

kitty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Does anyone have a link or know where I can buy oat bran flour?

I’m starting my detox tomorrow which I’ll do for one week, but would like to have everything ready to go for the diet. I have coconut flour, but couldn’t find oat bran flour at whole foods or on the bob’s red mill site.

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

Red Bobs Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal
    http://www.iherb.com/m/Bob-s-Red-Mill-High-Fiber-Oat-Bran-Hot-Cereal-40-oz-1-13-kg/35589?at=0

You can buy this at whole foods, it isn’t a flour but just a very fine textured oat bran similar to flour. When you mix it Witt the other ingredients you cannot tell

kitty

Thanks, I was looking for flour – that explains it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Similar to oatmeal (FYI)…it isn’t really a flour, but you can bake with it. If you wanted to make the coconut bread, there are other flours that are better in my opinion.

-raster

kitty

I’ve not tasted the coconut flour yet and am not familiar with “alternative” flours, but am excited about going gluten free as I think it will help improve my health.

Which flours do you like? Can you have oat bran in place of oat meal?

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I am interested to see everyone else response to this. I feel like I should probably expand the flours I am using.
    I use Coconut Flour, Buckwheat, and Almond meal(I try to moderate how much of this I use).
    I heard people like Teff.It is a test flour, so I have not tried it yet.
    Love,
    Lauren

raster
    Participant

I just use buckwheat flour, coconut flour, teff flour and almond flour like lauren mentioned. Oat bran can be used in baking like the other flours and another possibility is using millet.

There are gluten free flours you should not have on the diet which include spelt, amaranth, and chickpea flour as well as a few others. The main reason is that they have starch or sugars.

-raster

kitty

Thanks so the info guys!

“If you wanted to make the coconut bread, there are other flours that are better in my opinion.”

Which recipe for the bread do you like Raster?

Thanks

tennisgirl
    Participant
    Replies: 5

Kitty,

I use coconut (online through tropical traditions)and blanched almond (online through honeyville farm). If you do not have Celiac, then other good ones to use is buckwheat, oat and brown rice. Try to buy organic.

Also….if you want to follow a gluten free diet, Elana’s pantry and Gluten free Goddess websites. Our family is on gluten free, due to having a daughter with Celiac so have done lots of research on who to follow.

Good luck.

raster
    Participant

I use the teff/buckwheat/coconut/almond flour recipe underneath the coconut bread recipe post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

It comes out very similar to regular bread. I used baking soda instead of the traditional baking powder; makes it come out a little different.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

I suggest you check out amazon since it’s pretty cheap there

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

YES, i bought my Oat bran flour off of Amazon. the brand is HODGSON’S. Did not find it in Bob Red Mills. ONLY the oat bran cereal…

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IN609K/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘where to get oat bran flour?’ is closed to new replies.