Where do we get potassium with this diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Where do we get potassium with this diet?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I was reading on minerals and trace minerals that our bodies need and checked food source for potassium. The only food we are allowed to eat that contains high levels of potassium is spinach and tomato (they do mention tomato paste). Yogurt is listed but I am unable to take it at the moment (purchased one doesn’t agree with me and don’t have culture to make it so I stick to kefir for now). Does anyone know if kefir contains potassium as well? If not, perhaps it should be added to the vitamins list? What amount to take?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Avacados have potassium and are on the list

Carmen
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Buy supplements if you like. Also kefir has tons of potassium.

orka1998
    Participant

Thank you “candida_sucks” for your response, but there are no avocados in Bosnia 🙁 Occasionally one store carries it (very expensive I might add) but unfortunately not this time of year.

Should I take supplement then? I can’t really eat spinach every day. Or how much would I need for enough of potassium?

orka1998
    Participant

Thank you Carmen. If kefir has it then I’m fine. I drink at least 400ml of kefir per day.

That should cover it then! Thanks guys!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Yogurt
    Kefir
    Spinach
    Tuna
    Halibut
    Avocados
    Apricot (1 a day, fresh only)
    Tomatoes

You could also take a potassium supplement if you’d like.

Able

orka1998
    Participant

I think I am fine then as I drink kefir every day and eat tomatoes (they don’t bother me so I left them in my diet). I had severe diarrhea for four months and probably lost all minerals during that period so I wanted to make sure I will get them back from the current diet.

Side question, I could have one apricot on first phase of the diet? I probably should have mention that I am on the first phase only (strict diet, or I’m trying to be as strict as I can).

Thank you so much for helping!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

orka1998 wrote: Side question, I could have one apricot on first phase of the diet?

Yes, but like just about everything on the diet other than water, you should watch for reactions immediately after eating one as well as up to several days following. If you receive a reaction of any type, you shouldn’t eat more until a month or so into the diet.

orka1998
    Participant

Got it!

I’m very grateful for your responses Able! You are so patient with all of us and probably answering same questions over and over.

me
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

orka1998 wrote: Thank you “candida_sucks” for your response, but there are no avocados in Bosnia 🙁 Occasionally one store carries it (very expensive I might add) but unfortunately not this time of year.

Should I take supplement then? I can’t really eat spinach every day. Or how much would I need for enough of potassium?

So sorry about that! here in guatemala we are drenched with avocadoes but i can’t get coconut oil or grape seed extract or molybdejhbdkjhbd dunno how to spell that. and umm plenty of other things so i know how you feel there…

orka1998
    Participant

Hi “me”,

Trade you some coconut oil for some avocados 🙂 I love avocados!

Hope you feel better soon and on the way to the full recovery.

Take care.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where do we get potassium with this diet?’ is closed to new replies.