When to stop taking antifungals?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When to stop taking antifungals?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  M 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

At what stage should we stop taking antifungals, or at least lower the amount that we are taking? Obviously, when one feels that they are “cured” and suffer no more reactions/symptoms, that might be a good time to try and stop their antifungal treatment.

I ask this because I’ve been on the diet for almost eight months now, and have made mostly good progress in that time, although I’m not “cured” yet. I’ve been rotating most of the recommended antifungals during this time, but am wondering how much longer I should be taking them. It can’t be healthy taking antifungals in the long term.

For those of you who have been on the strict diet for a year or more, are you still taking antifungals? If not, when did you stop taking them?

I’d appreciate any feedback you could give.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

M wrote: At what stage should we stop taking antifungals, or at least lower the amount that we are taking? Obviously, when one feels that they are “cured” and suffer no more reactions/symptoms, that might be a good time to try and stop their antifungal treatment. I ask this because I’ve been on the diet for almost eight months now..

Eight months is long enough to start slacking off of the antifungals providing that both your Candida and die-off symptoms have completely stopped and you’ve not noticed any for around a month. But it also depends on the probiotic and prebiotics you’re taking and at what count. Remember that when people start slacking off of the treatment in any way, this is when most infestations flare back up if the person has not destroyed a huge majority of the Candida.

Able

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Thanks for your input Able. That’s kind of what I was thinking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘When to stop taking antifungals?’ is closed to new replies.