when to start kefir or greek yogurt?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions when to start kefir or greek yogurt?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GayBofill 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

about a month ago i quit taking greek yogurt, then went strictly back to green veggies, braggs,coconut bread,eggs and buckwheat. a week ago i tried out black rice (might that be the cause of recurrence of oral symptoms?) for something different. (didn’t much like it.might stick to buckwheat for a while) i’m wondering if maybe my the yeast is adapting to my diet? i don’t eat as much raw stuff as i should…often it’s cooked veggies, especially in the evenings.(can’t seem to get enough of brussel sprouts!) when making kefir with coconut milk, do you strain it? i tried this about a month ago, and after i strained it there was nothing but clear liquid, and it didn’t taste fermented at all. suggestions?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Carla,

Candida can adapt to almost anything so it is a possibility. Are you saying your symptoms are worse after eating black rice?

If you noticed a bad change after the rice then do not continue eating it…

When you make kefir you do strain it. There are some really good videos on youtube that we have linked in the forum somewhere. Relating to this, when I made kefir it came out with the same result…no kurds to speak of and completely watery. I believe the main culprit is that the temperature in my house was too cold, so it will not grow very well in a cold house. It needs to sit at atleast 70 degrees F. My house is about 60 degrees.

If you cannot make it at home, most health food stores should have pre-made kefir that is in a carton. This is the same stuff except you will get more probiotics and beneficial bacteria if you make it at home. Try to get organic if possible.

If you are a month into the diet, adding greek yogurt is completely ok as long as you don’t have worse symptoms.

-Raster

Deb
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi.
    I just got my Body Ecology Kefer Starter Kit. It says to Ferment for 18-24 hours in a 72-75 degree room (if using milk). I read somewhere in the forum that you should ferment a little longer than stated to rid your kefer of the sugar. Well, my house is 69 degrees and won’t change. Any suggestions on how long I should ferment my batch?

Deb

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out this post for the kefir videos:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1104_Kefir.aspx

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

thanks a bunch for the advice! before i made my first batch of kefir i watched a few videos, but failed to find one that used coconut milk. it’s likely my apt was too cold, will try again!

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Carla, I’ve been making homemade kefir with milk and it’s been coming out very nicely. I read about coconut kefir so I bought some coconut milk and tried to culture it with my milk kefir grains. It did not work. I never tried again but just recently saw an article on line saying that when you try to make kefir using a different type of milk, it may take several tries before it works. I should have used the grains I used in my failed coconut kefir a second or third time and that might have produced coconut kefir. Trial and error is the name of the game! Live and learn!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘when to start kefir or greek yogurt?’ is closed to new replies.