When to move on to stage 2

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When to move on to stage 2

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hello everybody,

I know that this information may have been covered elswhere but I can’t seem to find it, so my apologies if this is repetition.

I was wondering when it is deemed ‘safe’ to move on to stage 2 and to start to slowly introduce other food such as brown rice or buckwheat? Am I right in thinking that I need to wait until my die-off symptoms seem to have stabalised and virtually disappeared before I attempt this?

Thanks for your help guys.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would wait until all die-off symptoms are completely gone for multiple weeks and your bowel movements are restored/normalized (most people should have 2 or more bowel movements per day). I would also try some of the stage 2 foods and even non-stage 2 foods to see where you are at.

For me, I couldn’t handle almond butter until 4 months on the diet. I used to get an allergic reaction but now I don’t. Same with regular butter. Consider these test foods. Not everyone has the allergic reaction either; I had real bad leaky gut which causes this.

As far as brown rice, I would maybe introduce it once a week at first and slowly work your way up. Buckwheat is a stage 1 food for most people is a rather safe vegetable.

monita

Thanks for that Raster.

I am only 2 weeks into stage one at the moment. After a comment from Able, I think I will leave trying buckwheat and soba noodles for another few weeks.

There’s only so much variation you can have on such a strict restricted diet such as stage 1. I find that I am bored already of the soup or salads that I am able to take to work for lunches.

Roll on the end of die off.

Thanks again.

raster
    Participant

Are you the vegetarian one? If not, I recommend chicken and chicken sausage.

I feel your pain as far as being bored with the diet, but if you are open to it, try other vegetarian dishes…there are many out there!

I’d say wait 2 more weeks at the minimum and go as long on stage 1 as possible. It may be boring, but healing yourself is worth it!

monita

No I’m not vegetarian which at this point in time is a blessing.

I’ve not tried chicken sausage yet, I’ll certainly have a look for it anyway, thanks. I will try to broaden my horizons with regards veggie dishes too.

I have a few ‘meals out’ with work colleagues and friends coming up and it is so hard to find anything on a menu that is suitable at the moment.

You are absolutely right though. I wouldn’t be putting myself through this so carefully if I knew it wouldn’t help with my condition and symptoms that have plagued me for so many years of my life.

Like you, I started with a decline of ‘bad’ foods in my diet for just over a month before I did my full cleanse. It may certainly be a long road but nothing worth doing is ever easy as they say.

raster
    Participant

When I went to hollywood, I found it difficult to find a good salad anywhere, or (good) chicken and rice! I feel your pain, but if you do some research, hopefully there is a good place you can go that serves both the food you can have and that your friends/colleagues want as well.

As far as chicken sausage; don’t get the prepackaged stuff, but the fresh stuff found in butcher/meat area of the market (if there is one)…they should list the ingredients and make sure its all good ingredients.

mandyb
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I am a bit confused here – if you look at the descriptions, stage 2 is actually supposed to be the die-off phase particularly and stage 1 is simply preparing for it with a good detox which is supposed to last three weeks. Are you perhaps talking about stage three? I have done the detox phase now for three weeks and am going onto phase 2 (die off) tomorrow morning.

monita

Hi Mandy,

I think the stages that you are referring to are the one’s described from the website itself, is that right? Unfortunately the website is slightly out of date and discusses the treatment of someone with very mild candidiasis only. My advice would be to read the posts on the forum and take advice from here.

This was a point of major confusion for me when I stated reading the site a few months ago. It took me quite a while to realise the amount of conflicting advice from the website to the forum (and other sites and books etc). The stories and advice on the forum is from people around the world who have gone through the process of treating themselves and the real experiences they’ve been through, and in some cases, have studied at great length.

Generally I think on the forum we speak of a cleanse at the beginning lasting a few weeks (although not using the products that the website suggests as some of them are actively detrimental to your body and your recovery). The next step is Phase 1 where you only eat foods from the ‘Allowed Foods List’ that Able900 put together recently and should be near the top of the discussion items. Phase 1 will more often than not last quite a while longer than the site suggests that it should. This is because it depends how long you have had candida for but also because everyone is different. Another discussion to read is called ‘The Site’s Suggestions’ also written by Able900.

My main suggestion would be to read the forum discussion topics and if you have any more questions just put another post in. There are lots of people here happy to help. I for one am grateful for that. 🙂

I hope this helps.

raster
    Participant

I would say the cleanse is a pre-phase 1; the candida diet (from ables list) is phase 1. This will last anywhere from 2 weeks/months to 18 months depending on how ill you are with candida.

Phase one lasted 4 months for me.

Phase 2 is when you virtually have no symptoms and can tolerate new foods such as almond butter, small amounts of sugars (such as fruit), and whatever else you can handle. Phase 2 can last a long time as well before you are normal again (if this is possible).

-Raster

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘When to move on to stage 2’ is closed to new replies.