When should I start taking probiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When should I start taking probiotics?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Deb
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi.

I’m about ready to start stage 1 of the diet. I’ve been cleansing (Able’s version) for almost two weeks. I have not received my Grape Bitters yet, but I’ve been taking Molybdenum, Detox Drops, and Milk Thistle. (By the way, which one of these things is causing extreme dryness of EVERYTHING? Extreme cotton mouth, rectal and vaginal dryness, dry skin, etc.)
    I’ve prepared my shopping list for Stage 1 stuff, but I’m not sure if I should start the probiotics yet. It seems to me that the website stated to start them later.
    Also, should I start the D3 capsules and Vitamin A (from fish liver oil) during Stage 1?

Deb

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

It’s pretty rare, but sometimes a person will experience dry mouth as a side effect of the Detox Drops. You don’t really need these by the way, especially now.

You can start the vitamin A and D3 as soon as you have your first ‘real’ meal, and
    I would add vitamin C to that as well. Any type of vitamin C will do, there are expensive ones and much less expensive ones on the market, but the lower priced ones are just as good as the others. Be sure to get the gel caps of vitamin A and DC, and not a tablet form.

Wait another week before starting a probiotic since you’re starting the vitamin supplements. When you purchase the probiotic, look for MegaFlora made by MegaFoods.

Able

Deb
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Thanks. I’ll do that.

Deb

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Drink as much water as possible; I would try between 90 and 120oz a day.

jamesb
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 43

I am a little confused about the number of probiotics to take. I understand that I should take one with many strains, so far I have come across one that contains 14 strains of good bactereia however what does confuse me a little is the amount of bacteria within a capsule,

I have seen on this forum qoutes of 12, 20 and 30 billion. Is this inside one capsule (is there one this big)taken at various times of the day or are these figures relating to the amount taken in a day when taking several capsules?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jamesb wrote: I am a little confused about the number of probiotics to take. I understand that I should take one with many strains, so far I have come across one that contains 14 strains of good bactereia however what does confuse me a little is the amount of bacteria within a capsule, I have seen on this forum qoutes of 12, 20 and 30 billion. Is this inside one capsule (is there one this big)taken at various times of the day or are these figures relating to the amount taken in a day when taking several capsules?

MegaFlora made by MegaFood is a really good probiotic. It contains 14 strains and 20 billion count of 20 billion. So you want as many strains as possible and at least a 20 billion count. Later when your body has adjusted to this amount, you can raise the dose to two capsules a day.
    Adding kefir about a week or two after starting the probiotics will speed up your treatment period.

Be sure to take probiotics on an empty stomach, one hour before meals or two hours after.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘When should I start taking probiotics?’ is closed to new replies.