When does die-off typically start?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When does die-off typically start?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

JBR74
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

I did the cleanse and began the strict diet 8 days ago. Once I started eating the foods of thE strict diet, I felt great. Within a couple days my mood was elevated, no feelings of depression, my tummy felt good I was motivated to find new recipes and cook and do whatever it takes to get through this. A couple skin issues cleared up within this time making believe I was doing something right. Then literally within a few hours, everything changed. I’m bloated and gassy, tired, have zero motivation to do anything and I’m extremely agitated.-exactly how I felt when I decided to start this diet. Could this be die off just now kicking in? When does it typically start? What else might it be?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I did the cleanse and began the strict diet 8 days ago.

Which cleanse and which diet? We have a cleanse and diet that the forum uses and then the two on the website.

Once I started eating the foods of the strict diet, I felt great. Within a couple days my mood was elevated, no feelings of depression, my tummy felt good I was motivated to find new recipes and cook and do whatever it takes to get through this. A couple skin issues cleared up within this time making believe I was doing something right. Then literally within a few hours, everything changed. I’m bloated and gassy, tired, have zero motivation to do anything and I’m extremely agitated.-exactly how I felt when I decided to start this diet. Could this be die off just now kicking in? When does it typically start? What else might it be?

It could be die-off because you’ve just described die-off symptoms. It can start anytime between 1 day to a week or longer as it normally depends on the depth of the infestation as well as what foods you’re having during the cleanse and diet.
    Have you read any information on the forum such as the protocol and how to protect yourself from the die-off toxins?

How long have you had your infestation?

Able

JBR74

I’m essentially following the one on the web site. I did the bentonite clay detox for 4 days, now im on the strict diet of basically veggies, some meat, and grain alternatives (coconut flour, buckwheat and quinoa have been the ones I’ve consumed so far). Have stuck to it very well and haven’t intentionally strayed from it at all. Regarding length of infestation, it’s hard to tell. I began issues with IBS 15 or so years ago, but never felt like I had much anything else wrong with me, so though I read about candida, I never pursued the idea seriously. The last 4-5 yrs I’ve noticed much more depression, and even though much of my IBS symptoms were only sporadic or not even noticeable, I did pick up on other things like aches and pains, moodiness, random skin irritations, acne. None of which were intolerable, just ‘ there’. It was literally one week before I started the diet that it came to a head. I felt terrible all the sudden, was breaking out with acne, depressed, my stomach was going nuts, my head hurt and I just looked terrible. Candida was the first thing that came to my mind, so that very day when symptoms were bad enough to send me home from work, I committed to the diet. Unfortunately this didn’t allow me much time to plan, so I’ve been scrambling for info as I go. So perhaps I’ve had a mild case of it for several years, always keeping it at bay with the probiotics (which I’ve taken on and off for several years), and it was only “severe” for a very short time (?) I’m not really sure of the answer.

JBR74

Also, I’m taking vitamin C and Pantothentic acid, taking saunas, and contrast showers. I understand that I should be taking molybdenum, and will be picking some up tomorrow.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It all depends on what you ate…your diet might not be strict enough. If you are eating foods like rice, quinoa, nuts, etc…this could be the problem right there. Its hard to say unless you share the diet you are eating. The symptoms you mentioned sound like allergic reactions after eating certain foods.

One thing that can definitely cause die-off is if you take a large dose of antifungals, such as garlic…if it gives you flu-like symptoms, it likely is die-off.

-raster

JBR74

I thought quinoa was safe? This step backward did follow my first meal with quinoa, so perhaps that’s it. Would it be an allergy? I’ve been eating a handful of almonds daily and eating pure almond butter on my coconut flour scones, but I’ve been eating that since day one of solid food and had been feeling great. My guess would be the quinoa, given the time frame in which I ate it. I was under the impression that quinoa was ‘perfect’ for this diet, so I never even considered it may be a reaction to that. I will not eat anymore and see if I rebound.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We have a strict forum diet if you are interested, it may aid in your recovery. Email able900 for a copy. It sounds like things were better and then they went worse…this is fairly typical because when you kill candida and other things that live on the western diet (unhealthy flora, parasites, etc), it makes you feel worse for a period of a few weeks (or longer). Depending on how bad the infestation is, die-off symptoms could be between incredibly debilitating to barely any difference. Everyone’s different and the healthier you are, the less die-off you will experience. Thats atleast my understanding from seeing posts on the forum for the last year.

Almonds contain molds, and candida is a fungus…so it can live off of that rather easily. Eating foods with molds can make you feel worse than you need to feel. Quinoa is something that is borderline slightly bad for the diet because of its starch content. I personally didn’t notice any symptoms 3 days of eating it in a row, and then on the 4th day I became highly allergic to it. To me, this meant that it wasn’t safe for the diet. Its hard to gauge what is good and bad for your own personal diet, but trial and error is a great way to see how well it can make you feel. (in other words, try out certain foods for a few days and if you have any symptoms from them, stop and see if they go away).

-raster

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘When does die-off typically start?’ is closed to new replies.