When can I go back to my "OLD DIET"?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions When can I go back to my "OLD DIET"?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I used to love eating popcorn, asiago cheese (well-aged)…. and well, sweet fruit… sometimes just mmmmmm dark chocolate.

AM I ever going to be able to eat any of these things again without with candida growing again? (please say at least the chocolate? 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It takes approximately 6-18 months to fully recover from candida overgrowth. Once you get to about the 6 month mark, you should start to experiment and try out foods not on the diet and test your reactions.

If you think you can get over this in a matter of weeks and “nuke” the candida, then you have the wrong idea, because this is a very serious illness. I would think of it as fighting cancer, except that the time period for recovery is much faster.

-raster

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Thanks Raster!! hey, are there any foods that I should completely avoid altogether?

I normally stay away from processed/ refined foods… but every once in awhile I would have a piece of cancy or something. Will candy be okay way down the road?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would avoid the following:

-foods with molds (cheese, nuts, certain fruits, old food)
    -foods with sugar (candy, deserts, cookies, etc)
    -food with alcohol or distilled product (vinegar, soy, beer/wine, etc)
    -grains (wheat, rye, barley, corn, rice, etc)

You likely can handle the grains and sugar better than the alcohol or mold related foods.

If I were to cheat, I would eat something like potatoes, coffee, rice, a small piece of dark chocolate (which has less sugar than other chocolates), or fruits. I would only cheat for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, etc. If you want to eat candy, I would only eat a small amount once a month at the most. Otherwise, it could become a slippery slope and you could start eating it more often.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘When can I go back to my "OLD DIET"?’ is closed to new replies.