What's your Candida experience?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals What's your Candida experience?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  apctech 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

If you have a story to tell, here’s the place to share it with our other readers. It can be good or bad, but by sharing your experience you will make someone out there feel much better!

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

TT
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 35

I did a food allegry test few years ago and it listed the symptoms of Candida.
    Couldn’t believe how much of it I could relate too.
    Unfortunately I never gave it a proper go (the healthy diet) this time round I am more determined as I can’t go on feeling this crap all the time.

Never forget the first time I realised there was something seriously wrong when I drank my Budweiser. I was practically double over in pain!! Bloody yeast and wheat!

Plus the fact the Pill would have contributed to the Candida. Have been off that for over a year so won’t be going back on it.

My aunt has Candida and I always remember her being on a strict diet well to me it seemed strict. But when you look at it….it’s not so bad!
    I had to cut back on chocolate due to sensitive teeth so that isn’t soo bad. My only downfall would be crisps.

The overwhelming urge to drink Coke and Red Bull at times makes sense now. It was the evil Candida making me!! Scary how it has control over your body like that.

The only problem I face at the moment is money. Due to being a poor student I’m a little bit low on funds. During the summer I shall be able to pay for the good food and the healthy antifungal remedies.

I’ve exams coming up and can’t really afford to have diaherra or some of the issues that arises when you first start cleansing. You can’t really leave the exam hall repeatedly!! Ha!

What I am going to do is definitely try and stick to the diet. Maybe leave the detox drinks until a few weeks time. Anyway I shall be back to post soon!

bluebowspoodle
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

I’m on the detox phase. Its my 7th day but I was cheating with organic natural peanut butter a couple times. Even while cheating, I felt better than I did since April. I have so much more energy to do things. I’m able to wake up in the mornings, not so irritated by everyone, want to get dressed up like I used to everyday, and I even enjoy cleaning everyday now! This is crazy… a complete 180 for where I started. In May I was diagnosed with Seborrheic Dermatitis and prescribed anti-biotics, and it was all good and well until I stopped taking them. My symptoms got even worse, scared me and I thought I was dying or loosing my mind. You would too:

-chills & fever at the same time
    -numb right shoulder
    -headaches for hours
    -hair loss (my biggest concern and what led me to this site)
    -tingles/ itches all over my body
    -light headed
    -“chicken skin” on my arms
    -tired everyday, all day
    -avoiding social activities and calls from friends
    -skipping classes
    -Finger and toe nails darkened
    -Lack of concentration
    -Spots seems to move when I saw them from the corner of my eye (i guess hallucinations)
    -nervous/ afraid for no reason when alone
    -Under stress, my face felt as if it blew up like a balloon and felt red hot

This diet has shown me a better way to live and this is a life changing moment.

Candida diet
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

All this time, I was ashamed of having this condition. I suffered from Candidiasis last year. I had been with 2 doctors before I got totally treated. Sometimes when it attacks, I couldn’t sleep well and the next day, I was tired at work. So aside from my doctor’s visit, I also did my own research to help myself because I’m too busy to go to the doctor most of the times. There is one site I can remember because I kept visiting it for reference. It’s http://www.wheatfreecake.net. i hope this helps…

apctech
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

Hello, everyone! It’s good to be here.

A little about myself…I first developed a Candida infection when I was 13 years old and I’ve been battling it ever since. Twenty long years. My main symptoms were fatigue, spaciness, chronic constipation, and persistent gassiness. As a teenager, I was mortified by the flatulence. You can imagine how my classmates treated me. The symptoms of Candidiasis stripped me of most of my self-confidence and my classmates finished off the rest.

After a two-year bout of insomnia/depression in my mid-twenties, I decided that I couldn’t live like that anymore. I started scouring the internet for anything that could possibly explain my symptoms and I eventually stumbled onto Candida. Like many of you here, I experimented with the different ‘cures’, but none of them really got rid of the Candida. In fact, when I finally started to cure the constipation with probiotics and a high fiber diet, I was diagnosed with eosinophilic esophagitis, which I believe was directly caused by leaky gut syndrome due to years of Candida overgrowth.

I am happy to say that after twenty years of battling Candida, I am finally feeling like a human being again, the gassiness and depression are subsiding, and my self-confidence is gradually returning. There’s light at the end of the tunnel.

The combination that works best for me is eating raw coconut (or coconut oil), honey, and cinnamon at least twice a day. I also drink cinnamon water, which is what it sounds like – cinnamon in water. Exercise and Epsom salts help with eliminating the toxins produced by die-off and, of course, probiotics replenish my intestinal flora. I’m looking forward to seeing what things have helped all of you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What's your Candida experience?’ is closed to new replies.