Whats this feeling?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Whats this feeling?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

My nutritionist said I was eating too much buckwheat in various forms, and she was probably right. I relied on it, being the only thing i could add to make meals healthy, ie bread, cereal, groats being like rice, buckwheat noodles etc.. so i cut it right down so that my leaky gut didnt make me intolerance to that too.

Since then, often between breakfast and lunch i find i feel very empty, a bit nauseous and a slight headache. Its not hunger but I feel that eating something would make it better.

I’ve not lost any weight with this and i’ve replaced buckwheat bread with coconut bread again but most meals are just vegetables and protein these days with bread and buckwheat crackers in between. I’m assuming thats whats causing this.

What is it that i’m feeling? Blood sugar dipping or something like that?

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Jo*Jo;43564 wrote:

Yep, sounds like hypoglycemia to me. How many calories are you getting in a day? How many meals? Please post a typical day so we can comment.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

i am also fullfiling the “hole” with buckwheat in various forms (Bread, crackers) and I was thinking about how right is it, since I am eating it with each meal and as a snack as well. I’ve note that its quite full of carbs, even its without gluten.

I am just commenting though, since now you also maid me thinking about it now, but i have no idea how to replace it and what to put instead…

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I get around 1550 with food, plus about 640 cals from coconut oil.

Breakfast – 2 eggs and a slice of coconut bread, or veg smoothie – sometimes with an avocado

Lunch – salad with 2 eggs or salmon or chicken, or buckwheat groats with fried veg – sometimes with chicken or salmon

Dinner – veg smoothie, or swede fries with olive oil

Snacks – Kale chips (sometimes 2 bowls full), 3 or 4 slices of bread and 3 packets bw crispbreads

This is the most restricted my diet has been since the cleanse 13 months ago. I know its not varied enough and that’s because of intolerances due to leaky gut. I need to try other flours..

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Jo*Jo,

I think that it is die off symptoms. My die-off would make me feel a combination of things – sometimes one, sometimes many symptoms together (dizzy, headache, nauseous, starving, etc.).

In my opinion – and I am not a medical practitioner, just a Candida sufferer – I think that the Candida is trying to get you to carb up. It’s worked in the past, so it’s hoping that it will again.

I still cannot really eat any flour except for coconut. My symptoms are a lot better than before, but this has been a long journey that unfortunately is not even close to ending for me. You may be the same, but only you can tell for sure. Pay very close attention to your symptoms after you eat food to help figure out which are making your symptoms worse.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Jo*Jo;43587 wrote: I get around 1550 with food, plus about 640 cals from coconut oil.

Breakfast – 2 eggs and a slice of coconut bread, or veg smoothie – sometimes with an avocado

Lunch – salad with 2 eggs or salmon or chicken, or buckwheat groats with fried veg – sometimes with chicken or salmon

Dinner – veg smoothie, or swede fries with olive oil

Snacks – Kale chips (sometimes 2 bowls full), 3 or 4 slices of bread and 3 packets bw crispbreads

This is the most restricted my diet has been since the cleanse 13 months ago. I know its not varied enough and that’s because of intolerances due to leaky gut. I need to try other flours..

So essentially you are getting 2,190 calories.

I suggest having more protein during your snack breaks as it seems like you are just having carbs, something powdered if in a hurry, I really like medical food powders because they provide protein and help heal: https://www.xymogen.com/products/product-detail.aspx?pid=155

Also, hypoglycemia could be a symptom of adrenal fatigue. What are you taking/doing to restore your adrenals if anything?

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Jo*Jo;43564 wrote: My nutritionist said I was eating too much buckwheat in various forms, and she was probably right. I relied on it …

Since then, often between breakfast and lunch i find i feel very empty, a bit nauseous and a slight headache. Its not hunger but I feel that eating something would make it better.

Hi, Jo*jo – My two penneth worth is that you’re experiencing heightened die-off. I am reasonably convinced that, in my case, buckwheat offered my candida a reprieve. I started eating quite a bit of it once I finished my cleanse. From that point on, my die-off abated quite a bit. I stopped eating it about 9 weeks ago, and my die-off symptoms – which I would liken to a feeling of being “very empty” – have worsened since. Also, my tongue, whilst white, is less caked after breakfast now. I used to use it as a filler, but I don’t go hungry now.

I attempted to try it again a few weeks ago. One mouthful gave me a runny nose. I took this as evidence that the candida were having a light snack.

I miss it terribly!

Sorry as well that you’re feeling generally bad.

Len

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

we’re also talking about it in this topic…
    http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8008_confused-question-about-buckwheat.aspx generally I hope you are wrong lmm, since its being quite a relief to me using it :)… my life is almost normal since then (energy is back!)

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

stovariste;43839 wrote: we’re also talking about it in this topic…
    http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8008_confused-question-about-buckwheat.aspx generally I hope you are wrong lmm, since its being quite a relief to me using it :)… my life is almost normal since then (energy is back!)

It’s quite possible I am wrong. In any event, what I find out about myself is not necessarily applicable to you. I have a very severe infestation. There are many who use the forum who have enjoyed buckwheat with no ill-effects. I suspect I could continue to eat it, but I don’t wish to gain two steps and take one or two steps back again, which is what I felt I was doing.

If in doubt, stop eating it for 4-5 days, and then re-introduce it.

Life is better with buckwheat; I couldn’t agree more.

Len

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Whats this feeling?’ is closed to new replies.