What's the recommended dosage for oregano oil?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What's the recommended dosage for oregano oil?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lukey 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #120482

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    I bought some alcohol free oregano oil. The label says the serving size is 3 drops which includes 68 mg of oregano blend consisting of extra virgin olive oil and wild oregano(guaranteed to contain 14 mg [70%] carvacrol).

    Is there a certain amount of milligrams of carvacrol or a certain number of drops of oregano oil one should try to consume per day?

    #120483

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I would start with one drop per day and work your way up to megadoses of 30 drops 3x per day (this can take a long period of time to reach this level). Then I would stop taking it and rotate to something that you can safely take long term like SF722.

    -raster

    #120529

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    raster;59004 wrote: I would start with one drop per day and work your way up to megadoses of 30 drops 3x per day (this can take a long period of time to reach this level). Then I would stop taking it and rotate to something that you can safely take long term like SF722.

    -raster

    Is that 30 drops total for the day or 30 drops 3x per day totaling 90 drops? Does it matter what the strength of the oregano is in the oil?

    #120530

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    90 drops, but do not do this now, but do it in a month or so and slowly work your way up. You won’t cure yourself with antifungals…

    -raster

    #120533

    bjh22
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 14

    raster;59051 wrote: 90 drops, but do not do this now, but do it in a month or so and slowly work your way up. You won’t cure yourself with antifungals…

    -raster

    So even if the potency of 3 drops is 68 mg of oregano blend / olive oil(guaranteed to contain 14 mg [70%] carvacrol)and the label says to take 3 drops……working up to 90 drops/day is ok?

    #120534

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I did it for awhile but its up to you what doseage to take. These antifungals are hard on your liver so you could do 30 drops max per day if it sounds like too much…

    -raster

    #120539

    stitcherman
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

    oregano is extremely strong. i keep some in my arsenal but only use it when i feel a cold coming on or once in a while. it sure burns,i say be careful with it and respect it’s strength.

    #120620

    Lukey
    Member
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

    raster;59055 wrote: I did it for awhile but its up to you what doseage to take. These antifungals are hard on your liver so you could do 30 drops max per day if it sounds like too much…

    -raster

    Hi,

    I’ve heard that oregano oil has resolved Hepatitis C in some people. In a case like that I think OO might do the liver more good than harm.

    #120621

    Lukey
    Member
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

    stitcherman;59060 wrote: oregano is extremely strong. i keep some in my arsenal but only use it when i feel a cold coming on or once in a while. it sure burns,i say be careful with it and respect it’s strength.

    Some say less is as good as more with some things like oregano oil. It may take some time to be able to increase the dose. Yesterday, I took too much and felt kind of sick to my stomach last night between drops under my tongue, drops in my food, and applied topically.

    #120622

    Lukey
    Member
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 67

    raster;59051 wrote: 90 drops, but do not do this now, but do it in a month or so and slowly work your way up. You won’t cure yourself with antifungals…

    -raster

    I have a feeling that this type of mega dosing oregano oil is what it would take to eradicate Hepatitis C from the body. It also is said to be good for removing many parasites.

    I use NOW brand 25% OO in EVOO. It’s supposed to be as good as much more expensive brands such as Oreganol.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What's the recommended dosage for oregano oil?’ is closed to new replies.