What's the best Probiotic to take?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What's the best Probiotic to take?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Candida Diet Tips
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hi,
    I’ve been taking 2 different kinds of probiotics to aid my recovery from candida. Both of them seem to contain really low amounts of micro-organisms (2-3 billions) compared to what most candida sufferers seem to take (15 billions plus).

I still seem to be getting better, just super slowly – we are talking years here as opposed from weeks!

Just wondering if there’s any point in taking high dosage ones now that I have hardly got any symptoms, but am not yet fully healed.

Can you advise me which brand and amount worked best for you?

Also, when to stop taking the probiotics?

Is it best to phase out slowly or just stop when there are no symptoms any more? I was thinking of upping my intake of fermented vegetables and at the same time phasing the probios out.

What are your thoughts?

All my best,
    Sandra

Candida Diet Tips

Thanks, have not heard of them before. Have you taken them?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We recommend the probiotics found in this post:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

HMF neuro is the only human derived probiotic on the market, which has the ability to attach to intestinal lining better than other probiotics.

I rotate between HMF neuro and megaflora which has 14 strains and 20 billion cfu per capsule.

I would take probiotics indefinitely, perhaps for the rest of your life.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Drink Pink;35790 wrote: ProBio 5 by Plexus Worldwide. LINK REMOVED

Your link leads to a weight loss drink, which the members of this forum definitely do not need.

Plus, ProBio5 is definitely NOT the best probiotic to take. It’s right up there with Threelac and Fivelac as far as the biggest money-wasting products on the market.

Able

Candida Diet Tips

Thanks Raster, I’ve got to admit – those 2 probiotics you mentioned do sound the best I’ve come across so far!

I understand that it is highly beneficial to take probiotics indefinitely. And I was wondering if they could be paused when I introduce Kefir and more fermented foods in my diet.

Sandra

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s best to rotate probiotics and to get a food grade source to get the biggest variety in my opinion.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What's the best Probiotic to take?’ is closed to new replies.