what's going on?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what's going on?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Miles 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Miles
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello – i’ll be 40 in february – i’m about 160lbs (normally – i’m down to 150)

About 12 weeks ago i got a sinus infection surfing at Malibu, i went to my doctor and he game me some antibiotics that lasted 5 days and they were mild so far as antibiotics go. My symptoms seemed to clear up, but a couple of days later i was still feeling something in my throat, i had a dull ache in my lower abdomen on my left side and taking my 6 mile run was getting to be really difficult due to fatigue. My sinuses weren’t running at all but they were impacted like crazy. I was using a netipot to run out whatever was stuck up in there and all that was coming out was very clear, mostly i was dry as a bone. So i tried to quit cheese for a week, gave up coffee for a stretch and nothing was really helping. Every day i am waking up with less skin on my bones and puffy dark circles under my eyes. I’m more and more confused about what’s going on and what is causing it, as well as just being plain disoriented and unable to focus on anything for too long, reading is difficult. At THIS point i’m feeling pretty alone. i go back to my doc and do some acupuncture to make sure this stuff is going away. My Dr., brilliniat man that he is prescribes a VERY heavy antibiotic that literally came with a 2 page disclaimer implying the drug might be prone to side affects such as suicide – ha – yes, REALLY!

So – i take 3 days of it and on the third day i am having such insane and sad anxiety that i have to cut the cord. i had 2 more days to go but just couldn’t deal with it. After that i get thrush symptoms, so gross!

There is a water stain above my reading chair where i spend at least 2 hours a day and i can’t stop thinking about it as i lay in bed at night trying to sleep a healthy sound nights sleep while i feel there is something in me – or out there – trying to wipe me out. I go buy a home mold test and 3 days after i start the test the thing spouts a beard of black cropcircle shapes that sends tremors running down anyone’s back who gets a glimpse of it. We have mold. Not enough incentive for my girlfriend (who has lived there for 10 years) to call the landlord. We schedule an appointment with a service and they come out 5 days later – symptoms still multiplying and diversifying as well as just getting worse. At this point my lower left abdomen is no fun at ALL! The test result come back 5 days later – MOLD!

The landlord gets a call and he shows up a week later not too concerned but at this point it’s too late, i’ve moved out and am staying someplace else, with Candida. Basically i found this site 2 nights ago with the help of a friend who’s roomie is a mold lawyer in SF. My friend was the one who suggested that the only way to rid myself of all the crud was via antifungals – i have had Oregano oil going for a week or so now, i had enough sense to know that it’d help me with the mold but now given all of THIS new information i am augmenting my diet completely – and just plain cutting back on food intake.

I have never done a fast, my metabolism is that of a golden shining humminbird god of war. If i get hungry i will just eat whoever is closest to me. I haven’t done a cleanse for fear of how i might feel – but this has gone too far, so i am making great efforts to come as close to a fast as possible.

Yesterday i managed to make every last bit of food conform to the list of “foods to eat” and just before i went to bed i had to hop on the toilet, my stomach was pretty unhappy about all of this. I had eggs for breakfast, a salad for lunch, raw daikon raddish and raw sliced ginger in the afternoon as a snack, then a nice brown rice gluten free pasta with peppers, broccoli, onion, and a sprinkling of goat cheese (had to do it) at dinner. The runs are no fun and i’ve had them a LOT worse, this wasn’t just pure water. But i have to admit, i feel less impacted and less full so something has to have shifted. I’m going to crush this crud dead so i can get back into the water and surf again.

I’m writing this first thing in the morning, let me just say the hardest part of this whole deal is giving up the coffee. I’m used to a nice big cup of hearty brown muddy water and a couple of hours with a very good book…more to follow after i manage to acquire all of the necessary ingredients for the proper detox.

Aloha

Miles

I’ve not started an actual FAST yet, but my diet is adhering strictly to the list of foods that are acceptable to this particular condition. I am really pretty sure that this whole thing is having an affect on me, as i seem to have more energy than i did in the last 10 weeks and my stomach is not too happy about what’s coming down the shaft, it’s a bit sore at times. Though having said that, i am happy to report last night i did manage to pass a mostly solid stool, though it was a bit loose around the sides and a rather unsavory yellowish hue. i believe this was due to the fact that i had eaten a veggie brown rice pasta medley.

Tonight, i’ll be enjoying some daikon radish kimchi to start and then making some veggie quinoa (or brownrice) number. If i have to conform to a strict diet i may as well dig deep and find out what’s best considering my taste for the duration. I think it’s most important to keep in mind that this isn’t necessarily about a quick fix, it’s about reforming bad habits to ensure livelihood and longevity.

I’ve been keeping with the Oregano oil and have started a couple of other candida remedies that are all herbal. I’m off to skateboard down into Hollywood and get what is known as a “Facemelter” : 2 oz. raw ginger juice, oil o oregano, echinacea, cayenne pepper, lemon juice. VERY GOOD STUFF!!! More to follow here!

Miles

Well the last 2 days have been very similar – eggs or buckwheat breakfast then an early salad for lunch with some snacking in the afternoon on burdock (slipped and had a cocoanut smoothie with the sweet water in it) – been doing probiotics and E3 bluegreen algae and facemelters daily too. Chicken, asparagus, and peppers on the grill with quinoa… damn good!

Yesterday it was 110 here, today it’s not so bad. Seems like my poopooing is mostly at night or early morning now and still pretty unremarkable. Just “normal”. With this heat the fatigue is hard to press through to affect any task.

I’ll get this right out there before signing off this time – i miss sugar ! Onions are a sorry substitute for a nice PB n H on wheat!

more to follow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘what's going on?’ is closed to new replies.