What we are doing is a BIG Freakin' Deal…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What we are doing is a BIG Freakin' Deal…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  goingnatural 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

As I have embarked on this great “Candida War” I have been faced with many battles (which I’m sure many of you can relate) some from the outside (co-workers, family, and friends) but, mostly from my self. Many times I have thought, “Just go take a pill(s)“… “Just accept being sick” “Just…

But, the thought of giving up, the thought of not being fully alive, the thought of not being fully me is unacceptable.

This war is indeed hard. For some, the hardest. But we can’t lose heart. I would like us all to remember the endurance, self-discipline, tenacity, courage, and heart it takes to go to war with Candida.

Think about this —

We have the endurance to go through horrible die-off reactions, detox, and the many phases of healing.

We have the self-discipline to spend countless hours preparing our meals, when we know it would be so much easier to just buy fast food.

We have the tenacity to battle against our own food addictions; despite how difficult it is to fight an addiction.

We have the courage to stand up to the, Oh-come-on-have-a-cookie-unhealthy-processed-fast-food pressure that is everywhere, from our workplaces to our homes.

We have the heart to believe in our convictions even when no one else does.

In health my fellow warriors.

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Nicely put!

I do, however, think there is a danger present here. It is made evident in the phrase:

the thought of not being fully alive […] is unacceptable

I wonder sometimes if we, the people who are struggling so hard to achieve a greater level of wellbeing, sometimes are striving for an ideal that does not exist. I sometimes think that people embark on this process for a cure to emotional as well as physical ailments, and place too high of an expectation on what they believe to exist on the other side.

I think sometimes we ought to accept what we are. This does not mean that we need to accept feeling bad. Rather, it means that we need to acknowledge that we are human beings and so are subject to frailty and suffering. I often see this most clearly on curezone, where people will do anything for a self-fabricated ideal of what it is to be alive. Increased wellbeing and happiness is a most worthwhile endeavour, yes, but we should also allow ourselves to realise that human experience rises and falls, and sometimes will not fit with what we want it to be.

I’m not directing this at you and saying that you in particular are guilty of this. It’s as much beneficial for me to write it out so I can remind myself of this fact, because sometimes I get carried away. I think it’s a sentiment that everyone, even the healthy, would do well to be reminded of at times.

goingnatural

Cheesey;41791 wrote: Nicely put!

I do, however, think there is a danger present here. It is made evident in the phrase:

the thought of not being fully alive […] is unacceptable

I wonder sometimes if we, the people who are struggling so hard to achieve a greater level of wellbeing, sometimes are striving for an ideal that does not exist. I sometimes think that people embark on this process for a cure to emotional as well as physical ailments, and place too high of an expectation on what they believe to exist on the other side.

I think sometimes we ought to accept what we are. This does not mean that we need to accept feeling bad. Rather, it means that we need to acknowledge that we are human beings and so are subject to frailty and suffering. I often see this most clearly on curezone, where people will do anything for an fabricated ideal of what it is to be alive. Increased wellbeing and happiness is a most worthwhile endeavour, yes, but we should also allow ourselves to realise that the human experience rises and falls, and sometimes will not fit with what we want it to be.

I’m not directing this at you and saying that you in particular are guilty of this. It’s as much beneficial for me to write it out so I can remind myself of this fact, because sometimes I get carried away. I think it’s a sentiment that everyone, even the healthy, would do well to be reminded of at times.

I do totally understand what you are saying. And there is something to learn from it.

I must say that, however, when you taste healing (as I have before) and the constant pain/fatigue is gone, and you feel joy (rather than constant depression) it sure makes it worth it.

Cheesey

goingnatural;41792 wrote:
    I must say that, however, when you taste healing (as I have before) and the constant pain/fatigue is gone, and you feel joy (rather than constant depression) it sure makes it worth it.

I’m absolutely certain it does 🙂

Cheesey

Just wanted to add that you do actually touch on what I said in that very same sentence that I quoted before:

the thought of not being fully me is unacceptable

I think perhaps pausing to wonder what that really means can help is gain a great deal of insight. Though I do no wish to proselytise, in this situation I want to draw attention to the origins of the term ‘Buddha’ which, paraphrasing, essentially means ‘a person who is has awoken to their own true nature’. Going some way to a greater understanding and appreciation of ourselves could potentially have expansive curative properties.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

This is great; thanks for posting.

I have really been struggling, now that I am emerging through the haze of this crap, with seeing how the way I have behaved in the last year hasn’t been “myself” – it has been a grumpy, crotchety person that has been pretty unpleasant to be around. It’s nice to have fleeting moments of joy and know that more are coming, and to feel more myself again instead of a sick candida zombie.

goingnatural

alexalgebra;41822 wrote: This is great; thanks for posting.

I have really been struggling, now that I am emerging through the haze of this crap, with seeing how the way I have behaved in the last year hasn’t been “myself” – it has been a grumpy, crotchety person that has been pretty unpleasant to be around. It’s nice to have fleeting moments of joy and know that more are coming, and to feel more myself again instead of a sick candida zombie.

Thank you for your honesty. I can relate to what you are saying.

I just finished an article about a writer (with bipolar II) who spent a year without refined sugar, coffee or alcohol, it was encouraging: http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelellsberg/2011/07/18/how-i-overcame-bipolar-ii/

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

WOnderful thread peoples!

I think “awakening to your own true nature”=healing. I believe there’s a sense within the body that, for most of us, has been like a siren saying “SOMETHINGS WRONG!” the whole time you are suffering from Candida. This is the drive that makes us stive for an ideal level of health.

For the first time in my life I feel like I have a grip on my mood and depression, this is a major breakthrough for me. I had a bit of die off to go through last week and I could tell it was the tail end. It felt like I had one foot inside a box of depression and one foot inside a box of peace. I could see the depression from the outside while it was happening. I could label it “die off”, and I knew these old familiar feelings (unworthiness, low self esteem, irritability) were caused by the effect the Candida was having on my body.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Oh! and Yes, it is a big effen deal, I would put it on the same level as giving birth, as far as how challenging and rewarding and painful it is.

goingnatural

“I think “awakening to your own true nature”=healing. I believe there’s a sense within the body that, for most of us, has been like a siren saying “SOMETHINGS WRONG!” the whole time you are suffering from Candida. This is the drive that makes us stive for an ideal level of health. “

YES, YES, EXACTLY! Thank you Mrs. Candida.

For the first time in my life I feel like I have a grip on my mood and depression, this is a major breakthrough for me. “

So glad for you. It is indeed a MAJOR breakthrough.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What we are doing is a BIG Freakin' Deal…’ is closed to new replies.