What vitamins should I take

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What vitamins should I take

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmyb 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

OK so I am doing the following:
    Eating fish or organic chicken once a day. Organic eggs 2-3 times a day. Veggies and coconut bread 2-3 times a day.
    Can someone please tell me the brand and correct dosage of every vitamin I should take? Including the antifungals?
    I think some of the vitamins / antifungals might have stuff in them that feed cnadida.
    I take the following vitamins:
    Biotin
    MSM
    Multi
    Vit C
    Calcium with some Magnesium
    B50
    Sf722
    Zinc
    And a bunch more but I am not sure what I should take.

Thank you!!!
    Tim

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think able should answer this one; all I gotta say is this sounds like a TON of supplements and you should worry/focus most on the top ones. Don’t overdo it. This sounds pretty expensive as well. You may be able to cut the multvitamin for instance because you are taking so many other vitamins.

There are certain ingredients you should avoid, which is true. I am unsure which ones these are. Able has also outlined the amounts in some other posts, so do a search on ‘vitamins’ and there should be a post from a few weeks ago.

The top ones I recommend using (take this with a grain of salt):

garlic capsules
    digestive grape bitters (start these after a few weeks or months)
    SF722 undecounic acid (mispell)
    molydbenum (removes heavy metals and heals gut)
    inulin (heals gut)
    probiotic (variety of things, maybe start in a few weeks)
    b vitamin

Timmy what are your symptoms? We haven’t heard your story.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Usually vitamin A can D, can be purchased together. Don’t take one without the other as they depend on each other.

Take vitamin A at 10,000 units a day and D at 400 units in gel-form only (meaning not tablets).

I’m adding this one:
    Vitamin D3: Research has show that D3 is essential to healing a Candida infestation. In fact, a lot of research papers lean towards a deficiency of vitamin D3 being a cause of Candida albicans overgrowth. Take at least 2000 to 10,000 units a day only in capsule form.

Biotin- Normally, in addition to being in some of the food we eat, biotin is formed by beneficial bacteria in the system. But Candida sufferers are habitually deficient in beneficial bacteria (otherwise it’s doubtful that they would have contracted Candida), so they’re usually deficient in Biotin as well. Also, the majority of Candida sufferers who were tested showed a deficiency of Biotin.

Biotin is a good addition to any Candida treatment as it negatively affects Candida because of its ability to prevent yeast from converting into its pathogenic or fungal form. Biotin does this by interfering with the growth of the Candida.

A good dosage for a Candida treatment is to work your way up to about 6000 mcg a day taken at intervals.

MSM – MSM is a natural occurring sulfur compound. However, commercially sold “MSM” is synthetic and produced by heating an industrial solvent called dimethylsulfoxide; the heat coverts it into what is commercially referred to as “MSM.”
    Personally, I prefer the natural sulfur which can be obtained by consuming onions, watercress, peppers, garlic, nettle leaf herb or tea. Another source is sulfur-based amino acids which are found in eggs, onions, garlic, and fresh unprocessed meats. Take MSM according to the label.
    Important note; taking MSM will require sufficient amounts of Molybdenum to be properly broken down in the body.

Vitamin C: Work up to 3000 mg a day in 1000 mg doses.

Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc:
    Just a caution, no one should take calcium without magnesium, calcium alone can cause constipation, plus the two depend on each other for absorption.
    You can find pills containing all three of these together.

Calcium – 1000 mg
    Magnesium – 400 mg
    Zinc – at least 15 to 25 mg

Multi – I don’t recommend multiple vitamins because of the incredibly incorrect ratio of vitamins they contain.

B50 – This supplement is a perfect example of what I was talking about as far as the dangerous ratios in some vitamin supplements. Just look at the percentage amounts of each B vitamin that this supplement contains:

Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate) 50 mg — 500%

Biotin (as Biotin trituration) 50 mcg — 17%

Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg — 833%

Folic Acid 400 mcg — 100%

Niacin (as Niacin amide) 50 mg — 250%

Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 50 mg — 3,333%

Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCl) 50 mg — 2500%

If someone can explain to me the advantage of taking 3,333% of the MDR of one B vitamin compared to only 17% of another (and it’s biotin, of all the vitamins to be lowest) then just Maybe I could understand the complete lack of sense this supplement makes. I totally do not recommend anyone to take this supplement as it can be dangerous and likely to produce vitamin deficiencies in anyone taking it.

SF722 – Check the label or ask Raster how much he takes. I never used this during my treatment period, nor have I researched it.

Raster had some good suggestions as well, especially the Grape (Swedish) Bitters.
    Able

raster
    Participant

I take 2 capsules of SF722 with each meal, which is 300 mg a day. Its a great alternative to caprylic acid and has the same, if not better effect (I don’t know because I haven’t tried coconut oil long enough). Supposedly it is 6x stronger. But if your eating 12 spoonfuls a day of coconut oil, then I don’t think this is nearly true.

Sounds like you are taking a bunch of good vitamins and that you have done your research. I sorta wish I was taking some of these.

Abel; what ingredients should he avoid in vitamins? I know rice starch is one of them. Dairy is another.

timmyb

Ok let me confirm if I got this right:

Vit A 10,000 units a day with Vit D 400 units a day GEL CAPS
    Vit D3 2000-10,000 units per day GEL CAP
    Biotin 6000 mcg per day TAB
    MSM probably 1000mg CAP(optional, but not necessary)
    Vit C 1000mg 3 times a day TAB
    Calcium 1000mg Mag 400mg Zinc 25mg TAB or CAP (all in one pill)

Questions:
    Is this the ENTIRE COMPLETE list of vitamins I should take? Nothing more nothing less???

What brand should I take for each one? A lot of these vitamins have fillers that I might not be aware about that cause short or long term harm eg, Methlycollose, steric acid, soy….ETC (I am not even sure what is good/bad) If I could just find out the exact brand that would help.

Thank you very much for responding to my posts. I am just trying to get this down perfectly so my loss of 20 lbs and becoming an underbody weight person won’t be in vain…lol

Thank you!!!

PS Raster I am treating facial seborrheic Dermatitis (Sucks!!)

raster
    Participant

There are always more vitamins you can take for health benefits; the question is what is best for you and how much do you want to spend?

One is inulin and you can add it to all your foods, and it heals the gut really well. Its a simple way to add in a vitamin.

Another is molybdenum and it also heals the gut and removes heavy metals from your body. This is also a good one to reduce die off symptoms.

As far as others you can take; there are many but I think you have enough vitamins to last you a long time.

timmyb

Any tips on what brands? I know some stuff in the vitamins have enzymes and things that you don’t want your body to get used to.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Timmy;

I don’t think I mentioned a good vitamin E supplement, which wouldn’t hurt a thing. 200 to 400 units a day with food is fine.

In addition, a mineral supplement would be wise as well. If you’re using Himalayan sea salt, you’ll need a good source of iodine. A good brand is “World Organic Liqui-Kelp Daily Iodine.” A few drops a day will do the job.

You should always take the natural form of any vitamin if it’s available. Vitamins A, D, and E can be manmade, which means they’re a synthetic form, but they also come in their natural form which is what you want to purchase:

Vitamins A & D – from fish liver oil only

Vitamin E – Natural forms of vitamin E are d-alpha tocopherol, d-alpha Tocopherol acetate, or d-alpha Tocopherol succinate. The synthetic form is called dl- prefix.
    Take all three of these with food because they are considered ‘oil soluble’ vitamins.

There are many types of calcium. But the only one that is an actually a food form is calcium hydroxyapatite. Depending on where you’re located, it may be difficult to find.

As far as the magnesium, well-absorbed forms are magnesium aspartate, magnesium glycinate and magnesium oxide.

Probably 90 out of 100 times, or more, the ingredients in the store-bought vitamins I’ve named will not cause an allergic reaction, that’s not to say that someone occasionally will not experience an allergic reaction to any given vitamin.
    If you’d rather be certain that you’re not receiving any possible allergy-reactive vitamins, look for vitamins made by Thorne Research or Dr. Ron’s Ultra-Pure. You can expect these to be expensive.

It’s best not to buy any supplement containing enzymes. Here’s a list of various enzymes, any one of which may show up on a label.

Papain
    Glucoamylase
    Cathepsin
    Invertase
    Bromelain
    Pectinase
    Lactase
    Amylase
    Cellulase
    Protease
    Lipase

You’ll receive all the enzymes you need in a completely natural form in the correct amounts (since your body will make them itself with stimulation from the following product). Purchase a product by the name of Digestive Grape Bitters. Ignore the teaspoon of bitters recommended on the label and only use about a half a dropper full of the bitters before, during or after meals. Drink plenty of water when you’re taking these as they also flush out the liver keeping it healthy.

Able

timmyb

This is a great list! Thanks for the input. I think I have all the basics down now so hopefully this works.

My progress so far after one week is that my skin has gotten slightly progressively worse. In addition I have lost about 8 lbs which puts me at 152 and being 6’2″ that is getting very skinny.
    I think I will give this diet a couple more weeks and I expect to see at least a slight improvement in my skin. If not….I don’t know. Probably throw in the towel.

Thank you very much Able!
    Tim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What vitamins should I take’ is closed to new replies.