What to do when you're too tired to cook?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What to do when you're too tired to cook?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  charminggremlin 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ugh123
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I have been going round and round with candida for years. I’m 31 and I believe it’s been back and forth for about 7 years. I have had to start using 3 diflucan a week when I get an infection (about every other month) and it literally wipes me out. I mean, it’s hard for me to carry groceries type of exhaustion. I also experience dizziness and seem more off balance.

I like to eat clean, but it’s been a stressful few months (and money is tight) and I haven’t taken care of myself. I was grabbing a box of pasta for dinner and toast and eggs in the morning. This round of diflucan, I’m trying to stick to my guns with diet. But I’m so freaking tired it’s hard to keep it up. With grocery runs to keep fresh veggies on hand and then preparing them, it’s hard to keep it up sometimes.

Does anyone here have tips for avoiding burnout? What are your quick snacks or meals for days you need the rest?

Ugh123
    Participant
    Topics: 1

Side question
    The sugar cravings are really bad. I work in a coffee shop and I’m about to start my period… any tips on handling the sugar cravings? I’ve been trying to ignore them and drink more water… but the yeast screams for it really loudly haha.

charminggremlin
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Hey! Not sure if you’re still on the diet, but I can totally relate to not wanting to cook sometimes and I have some tips that I hope will be helpful. I’m not usually home from work until 9pm and in the past I was a habitual food delivery orderer which is a tough habit to break. One of my favorite meals is scrambled eggs with veggies like greens or peppers, or zucchini noodles with an easy tomato sauce. I’ve even re-purposed a tomato sauce into a Shakshuka-like meal, where I just heat up some leftover sauce in a pan and crack three eggs into it with a nice glug of olive oil, S+P, then cover until the eggs are cooked to your liking (I like a bit of a runny yolk to mix with the tomato sauce!!). Also, I try to have hard boiled eggs on hand all the time for especially lazy evenings. I boil up a dozen every week or so (sometimes less) so I can have a quick breakfast/dinner, or throw them in a lunch salad. For dinner, I’ll sometimes just eat two hard boiled eggs with a variety of spices on them (garlic powder, smoked paprika, kosher salt, black pepper, cayenne, dried herbs… the combinations are endless!) plus a tiny drizzle of olive oil over the yolk. I’ve also gotten in the habit of eating a full avocado’s worth of guacamole a day, either before lunch or after, whenever I need it, eaten with Mary’s Gone Crackers seed crackers (these may not be okay for everyone but I’ve felt fine incorporating them and tbh they’re the only packaged food I can eat so I LOVE THEM). Having homemade vegetable broth from Able’s recipe is a good craving curb-er, too. The first couple weeks, I would bring a big mason jar of broth to work just in case and heat it up when I felt a hunger pang–the hot broth gives my brain “salty warm food” feelings and totally makes me forget about burgers and pizza lol. I also rely heavily on cauliflower and eggplant, and try to roast up some veggies on my days off that I can play with/re-purpose as the week goes on, in an effort to never be without some prepared food. Hope some of this helps you out!! I have more meal ideas that have been so ridiculously delicious, sometimes I forget I’m doing this “crazy” diet! Also, I’m primarily vegan so I don’t eat any other dairy or meat.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.