What to do when?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What to do when?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alwcm4
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 19

So I’m a week through stage 1…yeah for me! I’ve had the following die off symptoms (I think that’s what they are) starting at about day 4:

Constant headache
    Sickly ill feeling
    Throat and esophagus feel funny and sore
    Nasty taste in my mouth
    Fatigue
    Random sweats without the hot flash part
    Itchy rash under my right arm
    Stomach has been a little fussy, but not as bad as normal

I’m eating meat, eggs and green veggies and a little bit of the coconut flour bread (but not much cause I don’t really like it). I have lost 8 lbs in a week, but that has slowed since I started eating more meat. I take 75mg of Levothyroxine for my thyroid each day, 1 Probotic pearl, 1 birth control pill, and one Tylenol (because of the constant headache). I do feel much better overall than I did yesterday, when I felt like I had a mild fever all day.

I have several questions now. I’ve read so many things that contradict each other I’m just confused when to do what and how much. Should I start taking the Coconut Oil I bought yet or should I wait until I have no die-off symptoms to speak of. Am I taking enough Probotic? I would really like to eat a single potato like once a week or even less, can I add that back in now? I haven’t had any type of reaction to adding the meat back in, so I’m hoping it will go okay, but I will go slowly. Also I’m reading that I’m supposed to eat yogurt… I’m not supposed to eat dairy… so I’m not sure what to believe. I really don’t like yogurt so I’m okay without it, but if I’m supposed to eat it I will.

I really appreciate all the help you guys have been thus far. Have a great day everyone.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

These symptoms are completely normal and you feel awful for 6-14 days or maybe even longer depending on how ill you are. The candida is being killed and it has spread throughout your body to the other organs, so your body is like “noooo.” You need to detox further from the alive candida and the dead candida.

As far as food questions, you can have greek yogurt and not “normal/regular” yogurt. I am unsure why this is, it is considered dairy, but I think it has more pure properties than other dairy. Maybe start this 1-2 weeks into diet (able’s advice). As far as potatoes; i would wait for atleast phase 2 of the diet. It contains starches which are not good for fighting candida.

Take 1 probiotic, garlic daily…molybdenum and candidate can help with the die-off symptoms (feeling sick). Read the ‘dangers of die-off post on the forum’ asap to get a better idea of what its all about.

I believe Able’s advice on the coconut oil is to wait on it until the die-off symptoms have stopped in 1-2 weeks. At this time, you’ll want to take the digestive grape bitters to get your enzymes to produce again (to digest food and heal your gut). You’ll need to take b12 and maybe fish oils/cod liver oil to get your adrenal glands recharged because they will be completely drained. The coconut oil produces a capryllic acid that is helpful to your gut.

Check out other recipes on this forum and elsewhere; I really like pumpkin muffins and this flax bread I tried was good.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: You’ll need to take b12

Raster, what makes you certain that Amanda needs to take B12?

Of course there’s a correlation between Candida and vitamin B12, but there’s also a correlation between Candida and every other B vitamin, especially Biotin (B6). I know that B12 helps to increase the white blood cell count, but so does vitamin B6, C, A, D, zinc, garlic, and omega 3 fatty acids, as well as most other vitamins to one degree or another.

There’s a particular ratio of B vitamins in the human body at birth provided the newborn is a normal and healthy baby. If too little of one B vitamin is taken and too much of another, the ratio or balance is disturbed and can cause serious health problems.
    This is why I never recommend just one particular B vitamin. It’s also why I am not in favor of multiple vitamins as they are always out of proportion with the B vitamin amounts. High doses of beneficial probiotics are the best and safest way to increase B vitamins. Taking probiotics and consuming organic Greek yogurt and/or kefir will build the flora in the intestines, fiber and other nutrients will feed them, and the flora will produce the B vitamins in the amounts that are needed by the body. The body is self-regulated for this type of function as long as we supply the correct nutrients.

Able

alwcm4

So is just one of the Probotic pearls a day snough for now. It’s what the box reccommends. I can give you the label info when I get home if you need it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Sorry able, I meant ‘take a good b vitamin’ and not specifically b12; thats the one that I used to take for a long time but don’t take b12 anymore. Its just what I am used to saying and wasn’t good advice.

Amanda what probiotic are you taking? What is the billion count?

alwcm4

I’ve been taking the Acidophilus Pearls. Looking at them now and from what I’m reading here it looks like I haven’t been taking enough. I’m currently taking one per day per the instructions on the box. Here is the label:

Serving Size: 1 Capsule Amount/Serving %DV
    Proprietary Probiotic Blend
    Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum 1 billionCFU *

——————————————————————————–

This product does not contain

•artificial coloring
    •artificial flavoring
    •corn
    •gluten
    •preservatives
    •salt
    •sugar
    •wheat
    •yeast

alwcm4

I also wondered if it was okay to take an apple cider vinegar pill once daily to keep things moving? I see that the only vinegar that’s okay is the apple cide vinegar, but didn’t know about the pill form.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Amanda.

I think it’s time you changed your probiotic to a stronger strain and count.
    Ultimate Flora Critical Colon BifidoMAX 80 Billion 14-Strain Probiotic is an excellent choice . Taking one capsule a day for around two weeks, then moving up to two capsules should work well. Remember to take this on an empty stomach, perhaps the last thing before going to sleep.

This may cause more die-off symptoms, so be sure to take the Molybdenum before starting it. You can take the pill form in 250 mcg up to 3 times a day if necessary.

Apple cider vinegar is perfect for the Candida treatment, but the pure liquid form is far superior to the pills. The Bragg organic brand is about the best around and can be found at health food stores. Taking a teaspoon before or after every meal is a good idea, and you can mix it in water or lemon juice.

Of course you don’t have to eat the Greek organic yogurt if you’d rather not, it’s just a good source of beneficial bacteria as well as protein and added calories. As far as it being dairy, the positive factors outweigh the negative in the case of yogurt.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What to do when?’ is closed to new replies.