What to do?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What to do?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  DrewsMama 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

DrewsMama
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 7

Hi All, I was diagnosed with a yeast sensitivity through blood work about 6 months ago. I was under the care of a Naturopathic Dr then and for the first 2 months started seeing major positive changes in my mood and energy. Unfortunately, my family and I made a HUGE life change and during the transition of November and December I was living with family and too far from the ND to get much help. I slipped off of my diet because I was at the mercy of others cooking and didn’t want to be “a bother”. January 2013 we moved to a non-English speaking country (leaving the US and my ND) and a week in I got strep throat. Yep, ANTIBIOTICS was next. So now March 8th, I am a Candida Catastrophe and I have no ND and no way of getting supplements because no English speaking country will ship here. I found one vitamin store in the city but haven’t made the trek to see if anyone in the store speaks English and can help me find out if they sell what I need.

SO long story to ask, if I can only get a hold of grapefruit seed extract, garlic supplements, and coconut oil supplements (all of which I brought from the states) am I doomed? I would like to do the cleanse but can’t get a hold of the bentonite clay… and I honestly don’t even know where to find the fiber here. Will I see any benefits if I don’t do the cleanse for now and just restrict my diet to yeast free and low to no sugar plus my meager supplement supply? I don’t want to use up all of my supplements if it will be a waste. I may have to wait until I am back in the US for a visit before I get the clay and replenish supplements. That won’t be until the end of April.

I want to do something but don’t want to waste time, energy or money on continuing on this path if it is futile.

Any thoughts or experience?

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hello!

Sounds like you and I have had similar years. I’ve just moved with my family from the states to The Netherlands.

You are in luck because iherb.com delivers to Poland, shipping is affordable and fast, I get my order in 48 hours.

You can use my discount code BKC394

I think you can cure yourself without the help of a doctor if you follow the forums strict protocol

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

message Able900 he’s more knowledgeable then any doctor I’ve ever seen about candida.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Also look for expat online groups. You can ask questions of other english speaking folks who live in Poland, they may know things like where to buy coconut oil or Epsom salts. Good luck!

DrewsMama

I can not thank you enough for that link! I have been searching for a company that has product descriptions written in English that will ship to me since we moved here. I thought the best we were ever going to do is to buy what I need from vita cost.com and have it shipped to relatives to be picked up when we are back in town once a year. It is an unnerving feeling to not be able to get the supplements I need when I need them.

I am a member of a local expat group here but have not had the opportunity to ask anyone where to buy supplements that have ingredients written in English. Most of the people in my expat group are European and they get most of their products when they go back home too.

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, DM, welcome to the forum.

SO long story to ask, if I can only get a hold of grapefruit seed extract, garlic supplements, and coconut oil supplements (all of which I brought from the states) am I doomed?

First of all, whatever you do, don’t take the advice of the store clerk at the vitamin store. I can’t tell you how many of my personal messages start with “the store clerk recommended …” and end with, “I really need help…”

And you’re not doomed because, as Mrs. C told you, you can get the supplements you need from http://www.iHerb.com online. If you decide to start our protocol and diet (let me know if you want the diet), you can just let us know if you can’t locate a product, and someone should be able to help you find it in most cases. But always check with iHerb first, and if you can’t locate the product there, let us know.

I would like to do the cleanse but can’t get a hold of the bentonite clay… and I honestly don’t even know where to find the fiber here. Will I see any benefits if I don’t do the cleanse for now and just restrict my diet to yeast free and low to no sugar plus my meager supplement supply?

You can bring your infestation under complete control without going through a cleanse. But if you’d rather do one, you can do a short cleanse lasting just a few days. You can simply use a fresh lemon in a glass of water three times a day, and add any of the vegetables in the post below. You should try to obtain only fresh or frozen vegetables. Just ignore the detox drinks other than the lemon water. But it’s completely up to you as far as whether or not you wish to do the cleanse.A Simple Cleanse

I don’t want to use up all of my supplements if it will be a waste. I may have to wait until I am back in the US for a visit before I get the clay and replenish supplements. That won’t be until the end of April.

Don’t bother with the clay, it isn’t going to cure you anyway. Concentrate on supplements such as virgin coconut oil, vitamin C, Milk Thistle, and eventually probiotics and homemade kefir. If you use the strict diet, and stay on it, meaning to avoid cheating, and use these products, you should be able to come to a completely symptom-free state.

I want to do something but don’t want to waste time, energy or money on continuing on this path if it is futile.

You’re at the right place. If you have questions ask them on the forum, I guarantee you that someone will answer them for you.

Able

DrewsMama

Thank you Able for the reply above. I have been meaning to write but have been super busy and unable to get time on the computer. Right now I am following the stage 2 diet from thecandidadiet.com site because my supplements are currently stuck in custom limbo land. 🙁 I have been drinking the lemon water cleanse that you have listed on the simple cleanse also… well I can’t get a whole lemon in with one cup of water yet… this takes me multiple glasses of water to get the whole lemon but eventually I get it in and I am drinking more water a day because of it. I figure doing these things is good prep for when I start the stage one cleanse and then head back here to stage 2.

I am feeling better and better because I am no longer cheating on my “yeast free lifestyle”. I gave up coffee back in August 2012 when I was first diagnosed but when we moved to Poland I allowed myself to start drinking 1/2 caff as a comfort food. I am 6 days coffee free again and the desire to have a cup hit me today… HARD! I have been doing so well resisting but today has been difficult.

This is going to sound ridiculous but another weakness I have is saying no to people when they have prepared me something to eat or drink. I feel rude and end up eating it or drinking it even though I know I am going to pay the price. 🙁 After the fact, I know this is stupid and that I have to just tell people I can’t have it but in the moment I feel bad a cave. Any advice here? The hardest is with my husbands mom (my mother in law). She is a great person and we get along well but there is no way of getting her to understand that I can not eat most things that she finds perfectly fine. To give you an idea of the two ends of the spectrum we are on… she thinks SPAM is food! I on the other hand do not. 😛 I am most nervous about this because I am working so hard right now to re-cleanse my system (starting back from square one here) and come April 15th I will be heading back to the states and living in her house for 2 of the 4 weeks that I am in the US. This could be VERY DETRIMENTAL to all the work I am doing right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What to do?’ is closed to new replies.