what to avoid.. what ingredients!! very confussed!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what to avoid.. what ingredients!! very confussed!!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jamespaul 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jamespaul
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 31

right so i have gone shoppping for the new diet, reading everything,
    so a few ingredients kept coming up and wanted to know whether to avoid them or not

maize, and modified maize starch, rice starch and soya lecithin, these are in some of the things i wanted to buy, and also i tried getting oat bran but they had gluten in, do i need to avoid gluten or not?

and also i am very baffled about kefir and plain yogurt, now im allergic to milk and lactose so how can i possible have these? i can have hard cheese tho, as you can see i dont know much about intolerances but its confusing me, but before i start eating it i want to make sure im ok with it, so if someone could help me out i would much appreciate it,

and i know sugar is the main thing to stay away from , but what other main ingredients should i defo avoid when buying products, i.e any of the above a no go area??

many thanks

james

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to avoid the following on the diet:

-sugar (sugar exists in everything so its all about a low sugar diet)
    -high amounts of starch (think potatoes, corn, carrots)
    -molds (cheese, nuts, seeds…unless you prepare them beforehand via soaking/roasting)
    -dairy (lactose)…the exception is yogurt and kefir which bring more benefit than detriment
    -alcohol and similar products (soy, vinegar, regular ACV)
    -caffeine and coffee
    -highly inflammatory foods (fast food, fried foods, grains)
    -grains (corn, rice, wheat, rye, etc)

lifestyle issues:
    -stress
    -poor sleep
    -gmo foods
    -chewing food too quickly
    -overexertion
    -ejaculation (for men) (reasonable level should be ok)

A small amount of rice starch or corn starch should not set you back much but there should be higher quality brands of vitamins that do not contain these products. You may have to purchase them online or do some research. I know that solgar, soloray, nature’s way, and swansons don’t have bad ingredients typically in their vitamins.

Oat bran does have gluten but it is a prebiotic which feeds the beneficial flora in the gut (heals the gut) so it should bring more benefit than detriment. This is not the same as regular oats which contain even more gluten.

I’d recommend trying out goat’s milk kefir and yogurt to see if you are allergic to it (most people who are allergic to lactose are not). If you are, plan on your allergies healing over time (your gut healing) and eventually some day you can have them. You could make coconut water kefir instead.

-raster

jamespaul

thats great just what i wanted to know,

and didnt relise life style had such a big influence

ok i see i shall buy them tomorrow then

also how much kefir yogurt should i have a day?

what is gmo fooods?

so should i change coconut milk for goats milk?

and one last thing, i have some corflakes made from maize, does have a tiny bit of sugar but its just a one off now and then when i get sugar cravings, wont kill me will it?

cheers raster you are a great help!!

oh and also is this aloud for me looking for a protein shake

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/pea_protein_isolate

cheers raster

raster
    Participant

I am not suggesting drinking milk because that contains more lactose than kefir or greek yogurt. The lactose is used up during the process to make these two dairy products so it should contain less than milk.

Kefir is liquid yogurt essentially while yogurt is more thick. I would start out with tiny amounts at first (to see if you are allergic) and work you way up to more servings as you get better. The coconut kefir water is something you have to make at home and cannot purchase it at the store…it is lactose free of course.

GMO foods refers to genetically modified foods; 95% of all of the soy, wheat, and corn on the market now is genetically modified. You can no longer find organic soybeans at most grocery stores. GMO foods fermenting in the gut is likely one of the reasons most of us are here; gmo foods have lots of negatives aspects to them including lack of nutrients, large amounts of pesticides and herbicides, and the fact that many people are becoming allergic to them. Tests done with GMO corn on lab rats caused them to grow tumors. Other tests have shown that GMO foods have other side effects in lab tests. Most food producers at grocery stores in Europe have to label their products, it varies country to country; this labeling is not required in the US, China, and most of the rest of the world. Even the scientists at Monsanto do not eat GMO food at their workplace! Not too long ago most food was organic, but its a much different story now.

Cornflakes or any other food item should not set you back too much in small amounts. Once you start eating them in large quantities, you may experience no progress.

jamespaul

ok i see, so last night i broght plain probiotic yogurt, should i buy greek yogurt instead?

ok i shall buy the ingredients and make my own,

right i see, it makes sence now why so many people are allergic to wheat etc, very interesting,

ok ill stay away from the cereal, is there any cereal you know of which is ok to hasve with cococnut milk or goats milk etc?

cheers raster

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Big O do two different kinds of buckwheat cereal:

Buckwheat puffs
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/336009_Big_Oz_Organic_Buckwheat_Puffs_175g.html

and my favourite buckwheat flakes which can be made into porridge
    http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/325099_Big_Oz_Buckwheat_Flakes_500g.html

I wouldn’t advise having coconut milk but goats milk kefir with either of these wuld be fine.

Jo

raster
    Participant

Hello James,

I would check your yogurt to see how much sugar it contains per serving. If its something like 15-27 grams of sugar per serving, this is too much for the diet. Greek yogurt has something like 7-14g of sugar per serving which is much lower. Greek yogurt also contains higher levels of probiotics.

-raster

jamespaul

thank you guysss!!!

i will defo buy that cereal and check my yogurt

james

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Both yeovalley and rachels yogurt fall in the lower sugar range and are organic (and of course delicious).

If you want goats milk yogurt theres a brand called st helens farm which is probiotic and even lower in sugar than cows milk yogurt.

Jo

jamespaul

oh jo thank you very much, this helps me alot!!

thank you 🙂 shopping tomorrow me thinks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘what to avoid.. what ingredients!! very confussed!!’ is closed to new replies.