What should I add on for carbs?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What should I add on for carbs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  horace1 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

horace1
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

I’ve been on the diet for 10 weeks except for a couple of cheating episodes. For 8 weeks, I’ve had next to no grains nor alternative grains. I know I’ve had leaky gut issues. I used to get a runny nose with everything I ate. The food sensitivities seem to have gone away. Indoor/outdoor allergies reduced also.

My chief complaint with the diet is low energy. I was eating ~2 avocados/day, 3 eggs/day and 2 servings of meat, veggies 4-5 servings, pat of butter 3 times a day, 2-3 servings almonds/pecans/walnuts (rotating, my chief snack on the go).

I need some carbs. What should I add on as a carb source? I’ve read multiple blogs of people claiming you’ll “Never” get over candida if you eat any grains because grains will never allow a leaky gut to seal, so I’m paranoid about any grains. But I’m desperate for energy at this point and need to add something (if a grain or alternative grain is my best option, so be it). Any suggestions? Oat bran? Rice bran? Any no-grain ideas? Thoughts on the leaky gut issue?

Has anyone completely gotten over candida while still eating grains?

Thanks,
    -Horace1

horace1
    Participant

I forgot, for about the past 6 weeks usually in between breakfast and lunch I’ve been eating 1/2 cup of blueberries or strawberries or recently a green apple.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Some grains can heal the gut such as teff, buckwheat, rice, oats…because these are prebiotics. I just had a major breakdown after doing the diet for 3 years and I am basically eating a bunch of stuff not on the diet like cheese, beans, rice, etc. Do whatever it takes to get proper nutrition is my new opinion!

-raster

horace1
    Participant

Ok. So when I incorporate rice bran or oat bran, how much (ballpark) is ok to consume daily with candida?

Thanks,
    -horace1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What should I add on for carbs?’ is closed to new replies.