what is your reaction to sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions what is your reaction to sugar?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

I have heard several folks on the forum refer to ‘reactions’ they get quickly after consuming sugar. I am wondering what these reactions tend to be?

I have not had a formal candida diagnosis, and am trying other avenues right now based on Traditional Chinese Medicine as the diet wasn’t working for me long term. That said, I think candida is still definitely a possibility, and may return to some form of the diet.

I tried some sugar laced treats over the holidays and didn’t feel anything other than bowel issues next, which I are my top symptoms in general – and my biggest complaint. I sometimes have these issues with or without having sugar, so not sure the sugar was the cause. (western docs call it IBS).

Please let me know – thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

cjtboy

Thanks, raster. I have read the various lists of symptoms, and maybe it is just that it manifests differently in everyone…

that said, I was curious if anyone noted 1 or 2 very specific symptoms when consuming something with high sugar content – like cake or something (e.g. always get diarrhea next day, or always get eczema, etc.)?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I notice I feel good and then feel like crap…either shortly thereafter or the next day.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

cjtboy;30579 wrote: I have heard several folks on the forum refer to ‘reactions’ they get quickly after consuming sugar. I am wondering what these reactions tend to be?

I have not had a formal candida diagnosis, and am trying other avenues right now based on Traditional Chinese Medicine as the diet wasn’t working for me long term. That said, I think candida is still definitely a possibility, and may return to some form of the diet.

I tried some sugar laced treats over the holidays and didn’t feel anything other than bowel issues next, which I are my top symptoms in general – and my biggest complaint. I sometimes have these issues with or without having sugar, so not sure the sugar was the cause. (western docs call it IBS).

Please let me know – thanks!

I got diagnosed with IBS and thought about 2 years ago that I had candida. But in the end being on the diet here I grow worse and worse. I thought it was die-off, still feeling terrible and not knowing what I had I studied more and more about IBS and came to the conclusion that my IBS was in fact SIBO and that explained why I felt like I was dying when I was on the diet here. Losts of fibre, losts of pre-biotics, lots of probiotics and then kefir and yoghurt. I lost over 30 kg and still had a belly like having a 9 month baby in my stomach. ( I am a man LOL) I then kick out the high fibre. And after 3 days the brain fog was gone. After a week my diareer stopped. Now I am on the SCD diet and learnt a hell of a lot about different kind of sugars. Sugars are not sugars. Your body need them but you dont want to give food to bacteria and candida. So I am eating honey, fruits etc to give my cells power but I dont feed the enemie because the sugar is broken down and absorbt quickly given your system power. If your cells dont get enough food your immunesystem is going down but you need that one to be strong. Then I kicked all milk products, I believe I am milk protein intollerant and feel even better when I stopped with all milk related products.

I highly reccoment these books: I bought a lot off IBS books but these two where the ones making the real difference for me:

http://btvc.webfactional.com/home/

http://www.anewibssolution.com/index.htm

Today I am around 90 percent ok. And I eat much healtier than when I was eating the diet here because the range is bigger as I can eat selected fruits and feel strong and good. I gained 18kg back. 🙂

cheers
    Thomas

cjtboy

interesting – and thanks for the replies!

Thomas – your story sounds somewhat similar to mine, other than the distended stomach, which I don’t have at all. I have been tested for SIBO and came back negative, but may be worth looking into again… many thanks.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My sugar reaction is that I quickly get very cold. About 5-10 minutes after eating something sweet, my feet, hands and nose get really cold. This is followed by waking up in the night with hot sweats. If I get the cold I know I’ll get the hot.

Completely different reaction then most I’ve read on here. Maybe someone else has this reaction too. I even got this reaction with stevia.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘what is your reaction to sugar?’ is closed to new replies.