What is your cheat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is your cheat?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  bloom 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

AvdD
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

When I feel like cheating I eat brown rice cakes with macadamia butter. I’m totally addicted to it.
    I’ve been on the stage 2 diet for 6 months now. For the last 2-3 months I don’t have any symptoms or die-off, even if I use anti-fungals. I do however still have a white coating on my tongue.
    Diet wise I have a very difficult time ahead. We are about to depart on a cruise for more than 3 weeks. I will try and avoid the desserts, pastas and breads, but will not be able to stick to the strict diet. Any tips on how to handle this?

hwc2020
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 55

AvD,

Thanks for the post. How long have you been on total time and when did you switch to phase two? I am in week 7 so I am just going to introduce a few things so I can gain weight and be less cranky 🙂

A cruise will be challenging but also easy in a lot of ways since there is always food around and you don’t have to cook.

We will all need to compare notes in September since there are a lot of vacations happening. I plan on bringing coconut bread, almond balls and coconut-buckwheat pancakes (all made ahead of time) for breakfast and snacks and keeping them in my room. I always ask hotel rooms to empty my fridge. For lunch and dinners just fill up on greens, salads, fish and chicken. Of course, it won’t be organic but one week won’t kill you. I believe we just do the best we can. When I traveled without flying (like last week and next week) I just cook a ton and put it all in a cooler. My family August vacation I’ll be doing what I wrote ahead of time.

You can do it!
    Feel good.

Regards,
    H

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

hwc2020;46908 wrote: For pleasure and the ‘ritual’ that I miss is organic de-caf coffee acceptable?

Beware of decaf that isn’t water-processed. “Regular” decaf is decaffeinated with gnarly chemicals that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone, candida or not.

hwc2020

Thank you! I only do cold processed on coffee.

I just picked up an organic cold-processed decaf. I’ll try it tomorrow. Do you think that’s ok?

shayfo

What brand is it?

hwc2020

I have to look it up but I think it’s Peruvian by Brooklyn.

shayfo

If it’s this one, it’s probably fine. http://www.freshdirect.com/product.jsp?productId=gro_pid_4007545&catId=cof_local_bk&product_view=reviews

Do you also cold-brew? That preparation method has less caffeine and a more neutral pH.

hwc2020

Yes that’s it! Good work. Oh I hope it’s ok. I guess I’ll know tomorrow. I’ll start with half a cup.

Able if this some how gets to you in the ethers please weigh in.

Thanks Shayfo!

AvdD
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

hwc2020,

I only managed 5 days on stage 1 and are on the stage 2 diet since 26 Jan.

Regarding the cruise: I think breakfast and lunch will be a buffet, so I can just avoid the food not allowed. But dinner will have a set menu and when I look at this sample menu http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/03-rembrandt.pdf I can’t find anything that doesn’t contain something I’m not allowed to eat. It contains either seafood, fruit, diary or some starchy vegetable.

Nat
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

AvdD, can you call the organisers in advance and ask for a separate menu? I don’t know how lenient cruises would be, but restaurants are pretty good. When I go now I pretty much tell them what to make. I don’t order off the menu anymore. They are pretty compliant. Anything to make a buck I guess!

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

AvdD;46998 wrote: hwc2020,

I only managed 5 days on stage 1 and are on the stage 2 diet since 26 Jan.

Regarding the cruise: I think breakfast and lunch will be a buffet, so I can just avoid the food not allowed. But dinner will have a set menu and when I look at this sample menu http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-vacation-onboard/03-rembrandt.pdf I can’t find anything that doesn’t contain something I’m not allowed to eat. It contains either seafood, fruit, diary or some starchy vegetable.

Actually, this is the one year that my friends and I have not taken a cruise after taking one for 3 straight years. Love cruises!!! Even last year,with all the digestion distress that I was undergoing, better than it was now, but yes, I would still not consider eating a lot of those foods while I’m still trying to heal. At our dinner, the waiter asks you want you want, and you can tell them to leave out an ingredient in the meal, or you just want more salad instead, etc.

For example, I think I saw the cobb salad. Not sure about the bleu cheese, but you can tell them to leave out the bacon and tomato in the salad, or then ask for olive oil dressing. They usually don’t mind. They do have to accmodate to people’s needs.

The only thing that has made me made on my cruises is that you think they would be more in tune with people that have dairy allergies. I already knew before my treatment that milk, ice cream causes me trouble. If I wanted to have cereal in the morning, (I don’t now on treatment), all they have is regular milk. I remember bringing my own little cartons of almond milk in my suitcase (not homemade), but better than nothing.

Have fun, and try to relax. If you mess up a little at times, just remember to get back on track when you get home!!!!!

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

hwc2020;46855 wrote: DN,

Thank you! Are the recipes on this forum? Dumplings, bread, porridge? The porridge I know, I will try that tomorrow. However, I didn’t know that could be introduced so soon.
    H

Hey hwc,

I added the dumpling recipe. The link is here: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8721_Dumpling-Recipe.aspx

I hope you enjoy! Have you added oat bran to your diet yet?

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

I must confess that I’m not always on the diet although I have recently returned to it and I’ve said my only exception over the next 3 months will be fresh figs. I absolutely adore them and they are just coming into season. I won’t have them often mind as they are high in sugar, although relatively low for a fruit and they are usually covered in mould but hey I’d rather eat figs and take longer to get better than not eat figs at all.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What is your cheat?’ is closed to new replies.