What is your cheat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is your cheat?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  bloom 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

hwc2020
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 55

I posted in Candida stories about this being the end of week 6 for me. I have a question for all of you. I have tried to be very strict and feel guilty if I eat a food I am not sure about (organic green tea). Have any of you cheated? If so what was your cheat food and did you just right back on the wagon? Also how did you do with the food? Today I was craving coffee like crazy. I won’t have any but the green tea did help. My family is eating home made pie with ice cream right now. I had to retreat to write to you all.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    H

bouncygal
    Topics: 32
    Replies: 100

I have never cheated, but at a party i grabbed the wrong drink and it was lemonaide instead of my soda water, lucky i didn’t swollow, but it was akward running to the bathroom so i could spit out a mouth full of drink. And i was eating GLOBE artichokes till last week, instead of JERUSELEM artichokes till i realised they are 2 diffrent foods.

The diets working well for me, its very hard though but worth it. i don’t view it like i have a choice in the matter and i also think of people going though cancer treatment and it helps me realise its not so bad doing this treatment for candida.

xxx Bouncy

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

I am 4 weeks in and have jumpstarted eating toasted sesame and flax seeds because they were about to expire. I soaked them and roasted them in the oven but still had problems digesting the seeds. Besides that my only cheat is eating too much at one sitting and feeling bad after. An example is buckwheat (kasha and soba). I react poorly to all buckwheat products–diarrhea, bloating, poor digestion–but I have insisted on making it to fill myself up. I have hidden all of these products in a box behind some other stored items in hopes that this will help fight the urge to eat them. So far so good.

hwc2020

I enjoy reading these. Bouncy your story is funny with the lemonade. I was expecting vodka or something like that. I agree with you we can do it and it’s about willpower and health. Daughter Nature you tried buchwheat at 4 weeks? I am going to try it this week. I need something else I can eat besides coconut bread.

Thanks.

Regards,
    H

DaughterNature

hwc,

I recommend oat bran or rice bran. They are prebiotics. Also, oat bran is my best friend (besides eggs) right now. I make oat bran dumplings, porridge, and of course you can make bread out of both flours. I recently purchased grape seed flour. I think I read somewhere that it is “Able-approved”. I will be using it in a bread to add a crispy texture and beneficial nutrients. I mention all this because other forum members tell me that they also have problems digesting buckwheat product… Let me know how your digestive system handles it!

hwc2020

DN,

Thank you! Are the recipes on this forum? Dumplings, bread, porridge? The porridge I know, I will try that tomorrow. However, I didn’t know that could be introduced so soon. At Able’s suggestion I added some oat bran to my coconut bread and I seem to tolerate it well. I definitely need more food choices. My 11 year old son said to me today “mom you really need to gain weight”. Someone on here called this the ‘famine diet’ and it still makes me laugh every time.

I am glad you’re die off isn’t too bad. You probably did it correctly from the beginning. I read a candida book that didn’t have information as accurate as Able’s so I was making a few honest mistakes.

I’m sure you will be feeling good in no time. Thanks again.

Regards,
    H

DaughterNature

hwc,

I understand the weight loss issue. I lost ten pounds (dropped down to 106) and gained almost all of it back. This occurred in a matter of 4 weeks… I ate extremely healthy before starting the diet so when I added back oat bran and whole fat kefir I ballooned. I have not put the dumpling recipe on the forum yet. My boyfriend hated it and it’s not the “standard” Jamaican dumpling so it may not be appealing to other people. I am going to try to make the dumplings with rice bran when I introduce that. If the taste improves then I’ll change the recipe and post it. I have not made bread yet.

Unfortunately my die-off went crazy yesterday and today: bloating, gas, more bloating. 🙁 Or maybe it was because I ate flax and sesame seeds… (so much for my fealty to the diet) but I have vowed to take things a lot slower.

What foods do you eat? Do you eat enough vegetable variety? I find gaining weight is easier with lots of eggs (6 throughout the day for me) and oils added to my meals.

You seem so sweet! It’s nice to collaborate with friendly people here and, yes, Able is invaluable. 😀

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

When I’m really PMSy, I’ll sometimes buy a Zevia (stevia/erythritol soda). They’re not even that good…my uterus just has really strong feelings about carbonation :p

That said, they contain citric acid (sometimes corn- or yeast-derived), erythritol (calorie-free sugar alcohol, debate over whether it’s suitable for people with digestive issues), and “natural flavors,” whatever that means. They don’t seem to affect me adversely, but I certainly don’t actually suggest anyone drink this crap. I also waited until I was pretty far along in my progress before ever trying one.

I personally don’t think organic green tea is terribly problematic, but it would behoove you to monitor any differences you feel when you drink it.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

regarding green tea, or teas in general… I’ve read >> here << in forum that its not correct that teas contain mold, since boiled water flushes it all out. So, there is huge list of allowed teas including green tea.

c/p from the link:
    Green Tea – keeps free radicals under control, reduces risk of cancer, and helps prevent heart disease.

My cheat is at least one Turkish cafe daily. how does it look?

But I don’t recommend it, since in beginning I could feel and hear sounds from my stomach while it was digesting :-). Now I am far away from begging, and pretty much near (and I am actually) introduction of the food, and its not bothering me at the moment.

Nat
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Wait a sec… your cheat is GREEN TEA? If you’re going to cheat at least make it a good one! I’ve cheated a couple cubes of chocolate and cheesecake. I don’t regret it. Especially the chocolate, it was on account of PMS.

hwc2020

I so appreciate all of these. I only know how to respond to the last responder so will do everyone at once. I love hearing these cheats. Ok now I know we’re all human!

DN I am trying oat bran for breakfast I’ll see how I do. I am down to 99 lbs. Like you I was fit/slim to begin with. I just had to buy new pants and they’re a size 0. I must gain weight so very, very happy to hear you gained all your weight back. I eat lots of oil, avocado and coconut bread. I eat lots of different veggies and have some wild salmon, a tiny bit organic chicken (maybe once a week). I had 2 eggs yesterday but I usually don’t tolerate eggs well (even before the candida).

Stovariste, thanks for the research on green tea. I didn’t understand why it’s not good either. Perhaps the trace amount of caffeine? You have turkish coffee each day? What week did you introduce that? I am first day of week 7. I am pretty sure my body should not have coffee again as I’m almost positive I’m also healing adrenal insufficiency/fatigue. I sure miss it. Happy for you.

Shayfo if you can get through this diet while having pms you deserve that carbonation. Pms has a mind of it’s own and I’m surprised you aren’t reaching for pasta.

How does green tea bother you?

Thanks and feel good everyone.

Regards,
    H

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

hwc2020;46855 wrote: Stovariste, thanks for the research on green tea. I didn’t understand why it’s not good either. Perhaps the trace amount of caffeine? You have turkish coffee each day? What week did you introduce that? I am first day of week 7. I am pretty sure my body should not have coffee again as I’m almost positive I’m also healing adrenal insufficiency/fatigue. I sure miss it. Happy for you.

Actually I’ve been trying to stop it all the time, but I never managed for longer then few days. It’s like Raster have never managed to quit smoking while on diet, he just reduced the number. Even Able told me that he does not want to take away this one serve daily since I need it, and he gave me other directions where I can improve my diet (I was eating almonds and red meat etc..)

Nat;46874 wrote: Wait a sec… your cheat is GREEN TEA? If you’re going to cheat at least make it a good one! I’ve cheated a couple cubes of chocolate and cheesecake. I don’t regret it. Especially the chocolate, it was on account of PMS.

lol 😀

hwc2020

I guess everyone has their thing. This made me feel so much better. We can heal with whatever our one thing is. I think if you don’t have adrenal issues and the one coffee is organic and cold pressed there can be value to it. I love coffee but also know that for me it is the jolt I love. I make organic, cold pressed and I add cinnamon and it’s the best coffee ever. However, I notice how it effects my mood, makes me irritable, etc… I need calm so I know it’s an adrenal thing. I still make it for my husband every morning and have to smell it and watch the ‘ritual’ of the morning coffee. It’s like the Cowboy Junkies song about simple pleasures “I’ll trade it all for a cup of coffee and my wedding ring” – something like that.

Have a cup for me! and feel good.

Regards,
    H

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

stovariste;46866 wrote: regarding green tea, or teas in general… I’ve read >> here << in forum that its not correct that teas contain mold, since boiled water flushes it all out. So, there is huge list of allowed teas including green tea.
    c/p from the link:
    Green Tea – keeps free radicals under control, reduces risk of cancer, and helps prevent heart disease.
    My cheat is at least one Turkish cafe daily. how does it look?
    But I don’t recommend it, since in beginning I could feel and hear sounds from my stomach while it was digesting :-). Now I am far away from begging, and pretty much near (and I am actually) introduction of the food, and its not bothering me at the moment.

The choice of teas on the strict diet is not about the negatives of specific teas (this goes for some of the foods on the diet as well). What the choice is about are the many positive factors that a specific tea contributes to a Candida diet and protocol. That’s why Nettle Leaf tea is the
    first choice of tea for the diet and protocol.

I’ve posted this on the forum before, but here it is again.

*Like most good herbal teas, Nettle leaf is an antioxidant which is important during a Candida infestation and treatment.

*It strengthens the kidneys.

*Supports the adrenals, the liver, and the thyroid.

*Reduces menstrual cramping.

*It’s recommended for prostate health.

*Reduces uric acid levels.

There are other benefits, but the main reason I chose it for the protocol (along with all the other reasons) is because so many people on the diet require higher-than-normal doses of molybdenum and sometimes long term use of it, and this has a tendency to sometimes reduce the copper levels. In these circumstances, Nettle Leaf helps to protect the copper levels.

Able

hwc2020

Able,

Hi. Thank you very much for this. I understand the ‘why’ now. I work much better when there is a reason behind things. I will buy some nettle tea for it’s healing properties.

For pleasure and the ‘ritual’ that I miss is organic de-caf coffee acceptable?

I added oat-bran ‘oatmeal’ this morning and seemed to tolerate it well. How long do most people stay on the super strict protocol?

May I ask, do you now eat other ‘civilian’ foods or are you pretty much a lifer?

Thanks and feel good.

Regards,
    H

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘What is your cheat?’ is closed to new replies.