What is worse caffeine or sugar?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is worse caffeine or sugar?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

[i]I am finding the cravings part of giving up sugar pretty difficult and was wondering if eating xylitol chocolate (with caffeine) is less destructive and will set you back less than sugar would if I was to say, eat it. I thought it would be good for the psychological part for starters at least and then slowly cube by cube wean off it.
    [/i]

What do you think?

Thanks,
    JD

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would eat fruit as an alternative. Asking whether caffeine or sugar is worse is like asking if cocaine or heroin is worse for the body, both are different and both are not a benefit.

Fruit atleast brings some benefit…

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

1533jd;34395 wrote: I am finding the cravings part of giving up sugar pretty difficult and was wondering if eating xylitol chocolate (with caffeine) is less destructive and will set you back less than sugar would if I was to say, eat it. I thought it would be good for the psychological part for starters at least and then slowly cube by cube wean off it.

Hi, JD.
    Sugar is at least ten times worse than caffeine. Sugar will continue to feed the Candida preventing you from making so much as a dent in the infestation. On the other hand, continuing to have too much caffeine is going to prevent the adrenals from working properly. The adrenals are a big part of the immune system; and it will be more difficult to get the infestation under control without the immune system being at top performance.

If you plan to wean off of the substance in a reasonable length of time, I would say this is better than doing the same with sugar, but I don’t recommend either one since you’re only prolonging the entire treatment.

Able

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

1533jd, most people agree that it only takes 3 days of not eating any sugar, sweeteners, or fruit for the cravings to go away. I look at it like ripping off a band aid, hurts less to just do it, instead of prolonging the cravings.
    Best of luck to you, it’s not easy to do.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I drank unsweetened tea for quite a while for the caffeine, I am slowly cutting my intake to one small glass a day. There are some health benefits to tea, but not for candida. You could try still having a little caffeine but with no sugar. I think Xylitol may still affect your glycemic index a little which isn’t good for candida.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

1533–STAY AWAY FROM XYLITOL!!!

Good post on xylitol
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1746703#i

Xylitol eventually upset my gut and I believe it affected the balance of my good bacteria in my gut. Xylitol also upset my wife’s gut. Xylitol and Splenda were the major contributors to my gut imbalances. My health was pretty good until I did a lot of these 2 substances.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Thanks James for the heads up. Xylitol as I assume with most is a pretty essential component in helping with sugar cravings and to help make things a bit tastier. As soon as I saw what you had said, I didn’t even have to open your link to be convinced.. Every time I’ve consumed Xylitol I’ve experienced a burning sensation in my mouth and throat and probably many other symptoms without realising it was down to the xylitol.

Anyway I suppose you have leaky gut/candida, how you doing?

I have been on the diet for over 5 months and had had no progress whatsoever, until 4 days ago I completely eliminated sugar, nuts, pork and now Xylitol and after only 2 days I’ve experienced improvements with many symptoms!

A big thank you,
    JD

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

oh wow i didnt know that bout xlitil ill stay away !stick to stevia

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What is worse caffeine or sugar?’ is closed to new replies.