What is the root cause of Candida overgrowth?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is the root cause of Candida overgrowth?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jameskep 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

zatoronto
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 10

Almost nobody focuses on the root causes of Candida overgrowth, what are they?

Candida overgrowth doesn’t happen out of the blue. For me I had a stomach flu for a week or so and after that I got severe constipation. This made Candida/Yeast over grow in my colon. Candida loves it when you are constipated. Constipation is one the first symptoms of Candida overgrowth

^ However, this said, the root cause even for myself is not addressed. I am stuck in a cycle, I dont know if my constipation is because of Candida or the Candida overgrowth is because of Constipation.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

The only things I come to see as factors for getting this is a dominance of the th2 immuneregulation by other causes. This can be done by mercury: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1553407/ There by giving the host an incomplete immunerespons vs. yeasts. Tests on mice with th2 dominance show lacking capabilities against protozoa and yeasts.

Many people suffering from this had a lot of stress throughout their lives too, but I don’t know what the relation is here, since c. albicans overgrowth gives loads of stress on it’s own and it’s hard to tell if the patient had yeast problems all the time during the stressful lifespan.

Factors like antibiotics, the pill, fastfood, lifestyle etc. can’t be main causes unless there is an allergic reaction from use of antibiotics making room for more yeasts to come in contact with the immunesystem. ( http://www.candidaallergy.com ). But again, evidence is lacking, there is no way to tell clearly if all this havoc is caused by an allergic reaction against yeasts. Then again, people tend to not get better when they are exposed to fungi in homes, beer or other wise. Tests with engineered s. cerevisiae (bakers yeast) has shown to desensitize patients with this yeast problems and “yeast allergies”.

..just my humble 50 cents 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Almost everyone that has gotten ill with CRC (candida related complex) have taken antibiotics in their past. This is the single greatest cause. The other most common ones after that include taking the pill (birth control) and acutane (antibiotic medication used for acne).

After that its likely a variety of factors…most people who are quite ill have slightly damaged livers and thyroid. If you can’t detox properly, then the toxins will build up in the body and make you feel bad. You thyroid is your immune system essentially, so if this gets damaged by lifestyle and/or radiation then you can’t fight off infection.

Then you can get into more alternative concepts such as mercury (from vaccines, fish, fillings, pollution), methylation (breaking down due to gluten and dairy consumption), hypoxia (not enough oxygen in body), pH (relates directly to inflammation and hydration), etc. If you didn’t have inflammation to begin with, then candida will have a hard place to find a home and flourish.

-raster

zatoronto

^ what is the best test to get your PH level tested? I do suspect there is something wrong with my gut PH level, this may be causing my Candida issues and Constipation

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

What raster said. All of it.

Not to mention that the Standard American Diet contributes.
    Diabetes contributes.

Exposure to mold, the serious kind, can contribute or aggravate.

Detoxing moves the elimination channels along (lymph,kidney,liver) so that healing is faster and more thorough.

Even though ph may be a factor, im not sure its necessary to test it if you have to get into balance anyway.
    Acidosis is most surely everyone’s problem at some point in this illness.

I do not believe that it is the lack of carbs that is helpful here, I think that this candida diet gets the body more alkaline, and acidosis goes away eventually.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

zatoronto;53828 wrote: ^ what is the best test to get your PH level tested? I do suspect there is something wrong with my gut PH level, this may be causing my Candida issues and Constipation

The problem is that each part of your body should be a different PH, so as far as I know there is no perfect test to measure PH. A good way is to measure saliva, stool and urine PH with PH strips. I think the stool and saliva should be slightly acidic. Urine ph should be near neutral. I’m by no means an expert on PH, just what I’ve read.

Danny33
    Replies: 362

zatoronto;53823 wrote: Almost nobody focuses on the root causes of Candida overgrowth, what are they?

Candida overgrowth doesn’t happen out of the blue. For me I had a stomach flu for a week or so and after that I got severe constipation. This made Candida/Yeast over grow in my colon. Candida loves it when you are constipated. Constipation is one the first symptoms of Candida overgrowth

^ However, this said, the root cause even for myself is not addressed. I am stuck in a cycle, I dont know if my constipation is because of Candida or the Candida overgrowth is because of Constipation.

A yeast overgrowth is caused by a damaged immune system.

zatoronto

Danny33;53854 wrote:

Almost nobody focuses on the root causes of Candida overgrowth, what are they?

A yeast overgrowth is caused by a damaged immune system.

so do you think my immune system was damaged by the stomach flu I had?? I remember it was on the worst stomach flu’s I had that lasted for a week

jameskep
    Participant
    Replies: 220

The major root cause is antibiotics or anything that is anti-bacterial and causes bacteria to be eliminated and candida will take over. The majority of your immune system is good bacteria and then white blood cells. Our gut flora outnumbers our white blood cells 10:1. So when people say immune system they need to refer to their gut flora and white blood cells. People can have the most efficient white blood cells there are, but if fungal candida dominates the gut the white blood cells don’t stand a chance.

Acidosis contributes to inflammation more than anything. The vagina has a PH of 3.5-4.5, which is a pretty acidic condition. If the PH gets higher its more prone to yeast infections. Fungal candida does better in alkaline conditions. Our good bacteria secretes beneficial “acids”( acetic acids, propionic acid, butyric acid etc….): to keep candida from going fungal. Society consumes the wrong “type” of acids or acid forming chemicals/substances. If acidosis was a major contributor to candida then a lot more of America would have more “severe” candida. I know too many people that have a crappy diet that don’t have candida overgrowth. But as soon as you put them on a long round of antibiotics their health can change very quickly.

Having the stomach flu should not be enough to eliminate your good bacteria in your gut and cause a major candida condition. Our gut flora is mainly what keeps candida under “control”. Our white blood cells keep it in “check”. White blood cells are more suited for mild yeast overgrowths. So unless you took a long round of antibiotics you should be able to recover pretty quickly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What is the root cause of Candida overgrowth?’ is closed to new replies.