What is the right level of alkalinity/acidity for diet??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is the right level of alkalinity/acidity for diet??

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mark4change
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi

I am on a candida diet and things seem to be going well but I just have a few questions regarding the exact level of alkalinity/acidity that should be in the diet.

For example, what percentage of the food that you eat should be alkaline foods and what percentage should be acidic foods?

The reason that I ask is because I have seen it written in alkaline diet websites and books that 70-80% of your diet should be alkaline foods and 20-30% should be acidic foods? All these books and websites claim that this is the right amount and that this can help you ‘cure’ any disease. Amongst ‘these’ Candida is quoted regularly.

On top of this I have had good experience with this percentage and when I stick to this percentage I have the greatest energy and feel the best that it is possible for me to feel.

However the candida diet website states that your diet does not want to be too alkaline because candida thrive in an alkaline environment (and growth is slowed in an acidic stomach environment) but yet it still advocates eating a lot of alkaline foods such as lots of vegetables which are very alkaline. So my question is;

what percentage alkaline foods should be part of the candidia diet and what percentage acidic foods? half half?

Another thing I notice is that when I push my alkalinity level up to the 70-80% mark (from the 50% region) I seem to get more bloating and uncomfortability in the stomach because I am getting more die off response. This seems to indicate that the higher alkaline levels of 70-80% are working faster on the candida??

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mark, welcome to the forum.

There’s a post written about alkalinity and acidic effect on a Candida infestation. Alkaline or Acidic.

Able

mark4change
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi there

Still not totally convinced as to this. Has anyone had success beating this using the acid/ alkaline diet as it is normally prescribed? (with 70% alkaline and 30% acid foods)

The reason I believe this to be true is because when I push the alkalinity up to this level my skin and my energy levels and general health seems to improve. As without so within too (in the intestines and the stomach)

Yes I believe that it is necessary to increase the beneficial bacteria in your gut by taking good probiotics but you should be doing that anyway and they will still grow at the 70% alkaline ratio.

However in the meantime the alkline diet I believe has many other ‘holoistic’ all round advantages to the body and restoring health and its not as simple as just saying you need an acidic stomach environment because of the beneficial bacteria

Thus I believe that its best to do both – have 70% alkaline for general health, immune system function, metabolism and energy and then increase the beneficial bacteria in your stomach too by taking a good probiotic.

You will find more information on the internet saying that alkaline diet cures candida than the opposite saying that an acidic stomach environment is needed. As we know acidic waste is the main ’cause’ of disease.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

mark4change wrote: Hi there

Still not totally convinced as to this. Has anyone had success beating this using the acid/ alkaline diet as it is normally prescribed? (with 70% alkaline and 30% acid foods)

The reason I believe this to be true is because when I push the alkalinity up to this level my skin and my energy levels and general health seems to improve. As without so within too (in the intestines and the stomach)

Yes I believe that it is necessary to increase the beneficial bacteria in your gut by taking good probiotics but you should be doing that anyway and they will still grow at the 70% alkaline ratio.

However in the meantime the alkline diet I believe has many other ‘holoistic’ all round advantages to the body and restoring health and its not as simple as just saying you need an acidic stomach environment because of the beneficial bacteria

Thus I believe that its best to do both – have 70% alkaline for general health, immune system function, metabolism and energy and then increase the beneficial bacteria in your stomach too by taking a good probiotic.

You will find more information on the internet saying that alkaline diet cures candida than the opposite saying that an acidic stomach environment is needed. As we know acidic waste is the main ’cause’ of disease.

You’ll find a lot of junk science all over the internet, as well as in plenty of books on Amazon. pH diet books are up there with the best homoeopath, naturopath, chiropractor etc authors. Acidic waste isn’t the main cause of disease any more than liquid devoid of any active ingredient cures cancer. This is why you won’t see “the internet” cited as a reference in any articles on Google scholar.

If your stomach wasn’t extremely acidic, you wouldn’t digest anything and you’d be overrun with pathogens. Your small intestine should be alkaline because of the compounds released to neutralise stomach acid. A healthy colon should be acidic, because beneficial bacterial species release acidic SCFAs.

The best thing to do with acid/alkaline “theory” is to forget all about it and focus on meeting all your daily nutritional requirements. You can eat all the lemons you want, but it isn’t going to help if you’re deficient in magnesium, potassium or any other micronutrient and aren’t fuelling your body with high-quality, well-balanced macronutrients. pH is just a gimmick to sell quack diets, but proper nutrition is real-life.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I agree with javizy and feel that the pH of your body will normalize with a long term healthy diet.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is the right level of alkalinity/acidity for diet??’ is closed to new replies.