What is the most effective Antifungal?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is the most effective Antifungal?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Candida Diet Tips 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Candida Diet Tips
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

Hello,
    I am wondering what the most effective antifungal protocol is to heal Candida. Have you managed to beat Candida? If so, what antifungal would you recommend?

I tried quite a few myself. I found olive leaf extract to be very effective but too strong for me – I was overwhelmed with die off symptoms.

Then I tried caprylic acid which worked very well for me for over a year until I started taking higher dosages (4-5 capsules a day). Then I developed stomach pain and stopped it.

Now I am taking grapefruit seed extract which agrees with me well so far.
    Just wondering what your approach is. Any recommendations very much appreciated.
    Sandra

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Candida Diet Tips wrote: Hello,
    I am wondering what the most effective antifungal protocol is to heal Candida. Have you managed to beat Candida? If so, what antifungal would you recommend?

I tried quite a few myself. I found olive leaf extract to be very effective but too strong for me – I was overwhelmed with die off symptoms.

Then I tried caprylic acid which worked very well for me for over a year until I started taking higher dosages (4-5 capsules a day). Then I developed stomach pain and stopped it.

Now I am taking grapefruit seed extract which agrees with me well so far.
    Just wondering what your approach is. Any recommendations very much appreciated.
    Sandra

Garlic, Caprylic Acid (as well as Coconut Oil) work well for me. GSE made my asthma much worse. I will try Olive Leaf extract next.

I eat swede (rutabaga), twice per week & put cloves in herbal teas every day as well.

Candida Diet Tips

Hi, thanks for your input.

I like the idea of making tea from cloves. I know that it is a very good remedy against tooth ache. If it inhibits candida – so much the better!

Good luck with your treatment

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Sandra,
    There isn’t most effective antifungal. Fungus respond different to all antifungal substances. Some are more sensitive, other less, and other no sensitive at all to many antifungals.
    It is impossible to know what is effective to the specie or strain is affecting you without a sensitive culture.

Jorge.

Candida Diet Tips

Hi Jorge, that makes total sense.
    Thanks for you reply 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My two favorites right now are SF722 and black walnut extract (which kills parasites). Most people with candida overgrowth have parasites as well. We all have them but at different levels.

-raster

Candida Diet Tips

Hi Raster,
    thanks for sharing what works for you. I have heard that SF722 causes less die off symptoms than other antifungals. Have you noticed that?

What would you say is a good starting dose for both remedies? How do I know if I have more parasites than normal? Sorry to bombard you with questions 😉

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s the antifungal doseage post:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12975_ANTIFUNGALS-Correct-Doses.aspx#post12975

Start with just a few drops of any liquid antifungal at a time per day and slowly work your way up. I can take black walnut extract a few times per day now, a full dropper full of it! Starting out, I probably would’ve had die-off from just a few drops.

A naturopath can determine whether you have parasites or not. You can also get tested for it with a stool test. If you have ringworm or athletes foot, these can both be caused by parasites.

-raster

Candida Diet Tips

Hey, thanks for the info regarding dosages… very useful.

Now I am only pondering how often to rotate the antifungals. I like the idea of rotating every 2 weeks but I heard that this could potentially make the surviving candida strains even more resilliant. So I’m confused now. I’m sure I’ll come round in a few days time 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What is the most effective Antifungal?’ is closed to new replies.