What is the difference between die off and healing?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is the difference between die off and healing?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  stovariste 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

First off I am referencing an earlier topic I posted: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst7511_How-long-can-die-off-last.aspx

I think I may be confused as to the difference between die off and the process of healing/detox. What is the difference? How to differentiate? IE, I know that die off can cause a lot of fatigue but can’t it be said that until the body is healed from Candida fatigue will be a likely symptom? Also, itching is a symptom of die off but can’t it also be a symptom of detox/the body healing?

For those that consider themselves healed how long did die off last versus how long did healing take? How did you differentiate between the two?

Really hope this made sense! lol…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So are you wondering about fatigue only as a die-off symptom or other symptoms?

In general you should feel pretty fatigued throughout your treatment, slowly improving over time. It took me close to 1.5 years to feel rather normal but I still get quite burnt out when I do physical activities (this is likely related to how poorly I am physically as far as strength, conditioning, exercise, etc.)

Die-off ended after 2 weeks for me because I took large doses of antifungals and “nuked” the candida. I do and don’t recommend this method for getting better; it was nice to heavily reduce the candida numbers but it also took a toll on my liver which held back my progress.

-raster

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I often get similarly confused. I wonder if die-off is only meant to be a relatively short occurrence, why do people say it can take 6 to 18 months to regain health?

I think what I have slowly gathered is that ‘die-off’ is fairly acute and causes fairly severe symptoms, whereas as ‘healing’ is more chronic and the symptoms and changes are more subtle. I don’t think there is an obvious cut off point where one stops and the other begins, they seem to overlap: ebbing and flowing into one another.

I hope someone with more experience than me can comment on my observation?

goingnatural

Thank you both for your input.

I am thinking of the general symptoms described as die off, not just fatigue.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

HI,
    I am not an expert like few other persons here, but I can tell you my experience.

I also am sometimes confused like you are, but I think I can now differ it. Die off, if you stop taking anti fungals right away after you feel symptoms will pretty soon go away with some lemon juice and nettle tea (within 1-2 days), while Candida overgrowth symptoms should last longer.

If you don’t stop using anti fungals with first symptoms then your die off will last longer (up to week, or even longer according to other people).

Maybe I am wrong, someone can tell if I am.

Also (again my experience), if you have put it (Candida) under control you will not get symptoms that strong anymore so you are for sure experiencing die-off in that case :-).

cheers.

goingnatural

Maybe this will simplify it:

Wouldn’t there always be die off symptoms as long as antifungals are being taken and yeast cells are dying (at least some)?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I take antifungals daily and haven’t had die off for over a year so I don’t think everyone is the same. In my opinion, most people should only experience short term die-off and then it should go away within a few weeks or months. If your liver is damaged, or you didn’t use antifungals regularly (or strong enough ones) then you could get perpetual die-off.

You should slowly be increasing the doseage over time and get to large doses of antifungals. Eventually after these large doses for a period of time (maybe 30 drops 3x per day), the die-off should slowly go away and then you won’t get anymore.

If the candida flares up and you are cheating, etc. and then take antifungals, you will get die-off again typically…until you are strong enough for your candida numbers to be low and then no die-off.

I can cheat regularly and get no die-off after a few days of doing it.

-raster

goingnatural

Thanks.

I think this all boils down to my misunderstanding of what die-off is versus being symptom free.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

@raster,

I do, like you say, take minimal doses and slowly increase it. But I then after some time (while increasing) feel like small die-off, and I don’t want to stop or decrease, thinking I can handle it, I continue and eventually I end up in bed :-), strong die-off…

and then I stop for a while while recovered, and again I start from begging…

problem is, when I go in stronger die-off, I cannot do my normal work, not to speak living normal life (family, friends etc)… I even had die-offs within smallest doses of anti-fungals.

Question for you:
    Lately, I stopped using any anti fungal and increased pro-biotics as advised by Arijana (Orka at forum), and I can normally work and live, but I am sometimes thinking that this is not good approach and I am not sure whether its possible to continue without anti fungal. I am however taking some anti fungal within food. What do you think, will this help me?

Regards,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What is the difference between die off and healing?’ is closed to new replies.