What is a "reaction"?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What is a "reaction"?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

I’ve got a question about testing food items. I hope it’s not a stupid question, but I’ve really done my best to read as many posts as possible, and am still a bit confused about this one:

If you test a food item, how do you know whether you’ve got what everyone calls a “reaction”? Will that be a rash, or dizziness, or what kind or reactions could occur? How many hours after eating the food item do they usually occur? And how do you know whether it is an allergic reaction or a Candida-has-been-fed-reaction?

I’ve never had allergies in my life, at least not consciously, and I imagine that they would manifest themselves in skin rashes, breathing difficulties, itching. Is that correct?

I would be really happy if someone could help me out with this so that I can distinguish between die-off reactions, Candida-is-happy reactions, and allergic reactions.

I’ve been on the strict egg-vegetable stage for 3.5 weeks. I’ve just introduced coconut flour and would like to introduce buckwheat one week later. (I had to stop antifungals for one week because was experiencing die-off and didn’t have the molybdenum yet, and therefore didn’t introduce the coconut flour yet). How much buckwheat is recommended to eat per day (for example, how many grams of the uncooked buckwheat)? I weigh 51 kg = 112 lbs.

By the way, I’m totally amazed by how much help I get from people who live around the whole world and whom I’d never meet in real life, and by how much knowledge I’ve already gained from here. I’m trying to learn as much about Candida as possible and I hope that I can one day be knowledgeable enough to help new forum members on their way as well.

Chloƫ

Chlofloso

Forgot to mention: I get bloated all the time now, especially when I eat a lot of vegetables, so I cannot really use this to measure if I get a reaction.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

When we talk about reactions, we are referring to allergic reactions most of the time. It is very similar to “hyperventilation” symptoms, but in general it’d be best described as “the burn.” The burn feels like “indian rug burn” and typically consumes the whole body. You typically get it after eating foods not on the allowed foods list, but kefir, yogurt, millet, and even buckwheat can give you this reaction; it varies person to person. Food reactions typically are short term and last minutes to a few hours at the most.

Other examples of immediate allergic reactions include headaches, tremors, muscle twitching, mucuous production (or mucuous cough), dizziness, coughing, gagging, hot/cold flashes, sweating, etc.

You can also get allergic reactions in other non-observable ways. A few examples includes having IBS, insomnia, etc.

Die-off reactions typically happen when you eat something that contains antifungals or probiotics. It basically is more toxins flooding the body from dead candida and can manifest itself similarly to allergic reactions. In general, you feel more “flu-like” symptoms when you have die-off. It is constant and lasts for a long period of time typically, for more than a few hours to most of the day.

Examples of die-off symptoms include IBS, nausea, muscle aches, brain fog, dizziness, rash, fatigue, breathing difficulties, heart palpitations, memory loss, and general malaise.

Hope this helps! As you can see there is some overlap.

-raster

Chlofloso

Thanks for the very useful answer, Raster!

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced any allergic reaction in my life in that case – never had that burning feeling or hyperventilation.

Do you have any suggestions on how much buckwheat I should eat? Is there any danger of feeding the Candida if I eat too much of it? I just want to be sure not to overdo it…

Chloƫ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What is a "reaction"?’ is closed to new replies.