What if I took a 14 day course of 2 different antibiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What if I took a 14 day course of 2 different antibiotics

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  t-rudge 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

t-rudge
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 11

Hi,

This is my second post to the forums and I just wanted to ask about something I’m curious about.

First of all, I think I can say I have candida, I am no 100% because I haven’t been diagnosed with it by a doctor but after reading about it for the past 2 weeks I feel the need to say that I have it so that I can keep my sanity.

The reason why I also think I have candida and have had it for over a decade is because I’ve developed symptoms such as

Age 13 – Developed bad anxiety that’s lasted through my adult life
    Age 18 – Overactive bladder (My family has a history of bad kidneys so I though this was part of it)
    Age 21 – Developed what doctors called IBS
    Age 28 – Sever stress from life cause my first panic attacks, I sat at urgent care clinics thinking I would die but nothing was found, eventually went away.
    Age 30 – Between the symptoms above and my depression I started eating horribly bad. 24/7 fast food and sweets, food was the only comfort I found specially when I was unemployed. Until I just ate for the sake of eating. I did not eat a single vegetable most of the time.

So my first question is, is it safe to say I have candida for as many years? (I’m 32 now btw)

I’ve had 2 more episodes where I had panic attacks and both were during extremely stressful episodes, I had one last month and that’s when my present situation started full blown.

In my opinion candida was getting the best of me and I should have started to do something last month, since I went to the doctors (I saw about 4 different ones at the urgent care on different occasions)I was diagnosed with H. Pylori and prescribed with a 14 day course of:

• 2000mg of Ammoxicilin
    • 1000mg of Clarithromacyn
    • 40mg of Omeprazole

I was dying within one day of taking this and being as ignorant as I was I never looked it up, thinking that it was part of the deal of getting rid of H. Pilory. In fact I think I was just setting things up for what I’m going through right now.

After I finished my antibiotic course (and not taking probiotics or vitamins of any sort) I went back to eating and drinking junk food. I tried going back to ‘normal’ for a week and I just kept noticing that my Anxiety and Depression got extremely out of hand. I’ve gone through some really dark moments days at a time.

Right now I’m sort of trying to get things under control with a diet and I just completed a 3 day detox of just green veggies and water. (That was hard) but I wonder if I’m going through die-off because It’s been a week and a half with no sugar or carbs (cold turkey) and my anxiety is bad and it wont go away.

These are my physical symptoms:

• White tongue (Never noticed this until after the antibiotics)
    • Parched tongue
    • Stiff joints
    • No energy
    • Brain Fog (I felt like i was in a dream *not in a good way* when taking the antibiotics)
    • Oily skin
    • Itch everywhere (not sever but annoying)
      Bouncing back and forth between Anxiety, Depression, Feelings of Guilt or just plain Fear.

I think I can manage all the physical symptoms but it’s the Mental ones that are driving me nuts.

So to end my post I just wanted to ask what do you think would happen if you just took a 14 day course of 2 antibiotics and 1 antiacid instead of starting a candida cleanse?

I really think the doctor’s did more harm than good this time.

Thanks for any replies, at this point I am posting because I need an outlet pretty bad. Sorry for the long post.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Hi t-rudge
    Just a few questions before I answer your question. When exactly do you have brain fog? Before or after a meal?
    Anxiety is most likely related to hypoglycemia/adrenal fatigue. Do you sleep well, when do you go to bed and when do you get up?
    There is a connection between candida and depression, because candida can cause brain inflammation.
    Why exactly do you want to start antibiotcs? Antibiotics don’t fix anything, especially not candida. Just start the detox (very important). You will feel bad for a month or so, then it will get better 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Not all of your symptoms are candida symptoms by itself and are more symptoms of other things going on such as brain health, liver/kidney health, mineral or vitamin deficiencies, etc.

I recommend getting the candia 5 test and take it at home and then you have a diagnosis. Its only $40.

As far as what happens if you take antibiotics…could get better or get worse, its hard to say. There are a myriad of different scenarios of what could happen so its hard to say. All I know is you can defeat h.pylori without doing antibiotics, you just need to know how to do it. An alternative health professional would know how to do it…

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant

raster;58412 wrote: All I know is you can defeat h.pylori without doing antibiotics

Forgot to ask… Do you still have pylori?

t-rudge

Sorry for the badly worded title. In short I think I have had candida and had a bad episode (panic attack and extreme fatigue) a month ago and was prescribed with the antibiotic course I mentioned, which I think was way strong and too long. I took it but I felt like death every single day I took it.

Afterwards I thought I just blew up all and any bacteria in my stomach and after eating bad again I probably made it so easy for candida to spread everywhere.

I was feeling worse after the antibiotic course and googled “after h. pylori treatment symptoms” and found out about candida.

I’ll admit I didn’t do thorough research and just cut carbs and sugars that day. (Not smart!)

At that point I was just looking for a way to fix the way I felt and for the past week and a half I think I’ve been experiencing die-off.

I just feel that the doctors could have give me a warning about the antibiotics and side effects.

When exactly do you have brain fog?
    Since the antibiotics almost all the time. I just did a small 3 day detox (all green veggies) the intensity of that brain fog feeling is a bit less intense but it was bad during the antibiotics and the 2 weeks after taking them.

Do you sleep well, when do you go to bed and when do you get up?
    50/50 – Some nights I get too anxious and keep waking up, other nights I can turn off for the whole night.

As for purchasing the test, money is tight right now but I am interested in getting it.

Thanks for the replies

t-rudge

I don’t know. When I went for a follow up the doctor’s just said that it should be gone. I’ve been paying for all the tests and doctor’s visits out of pocket (no insurance).

I want to wait another month and pay for a stool test, I read that’s the most accurate way to check. Plus it may also show up other stuff I may have.

I’ve had a ton of blood tests and everything came back fine. The GP wanted to start me on anti-anxiety meds and then go from there to anti-depressants but that’s when I decided to quit listening to them so much. I showed them the fungus in my nail I got around 1 or 2 months ago and how white my tongue is but she wasn’t interested.

So far I’ve had blood work for Anemia, Testosterone, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar and I forgot about the others.

I’m just surprised that they never asked about a stool sample.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The problem with going to these doctors is there isn’t any drugs they can prescribe to treat candida…that is what doctors do is prescribe drugs. The only thing thats available is antifungal drugs and/or medical grade probiotics and these are quite expensive and may or may not be effective.

As far as treating the anxiety, I would get a bottle of flax oil with lignens for $10 at the store and this should reduce your anxiety immediately as well as healing your brain. Anxiety is related to brain health and something is causing your brain health to deteriote causing anxiety. Your brain is made up of fat and fatty acids help heal your brain (flax is a fatty acid). There are a variety of other fatty acids that can do this as well.

-raster

TheChosenOne
    Participant

raster;58419 wrote: As far as treating the anxiety, I would get a bottle of flax oil with lignens for $10 at the store and this should reduce your anxiety immediately as well as healing your brain. Anxiety is related to brain health and something is causing your brain health to deteriote causing anxiety.

Anxiety is more adrenal related than you think. When I fixed my adrenals, my anxiety was gone almost completely.

t-rudge

Interesting, I will research this. How did you get checked for it?

TheChosenOne
    Participant

t-rudge;58459 wrote: Interesting, I will research this. How did you get checked for it?

I didn’t. It is very hard to check for adrenal fatigue. You just have to look at your symptoms. Most people here will have adrenal problems.

Henschy
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 43

How did you fix your adrenals TCO?

TheChosenOne
    Participant

Henschy;58495 wrote: How did you fix your adrenals TCO?

I’m taking pantothenic acid (B5), magnesium, ashwaghanda, adrenal cortex and a bunch of herbs (‘adrenal optimizer’). You also have to take enough rest and avoid stress if possible. Try to go to bed before 22h. My adrenals aren’t fixed yet, but I’m feeling less anxious and more awake.

nodoctor
    Topics: 0

I’d recommend a urine test for 24 hour averages of levels. An experienced endocrinologist is probably appropriate to investigate this with you, and symptoms alone could be tough to formulate an intelligent treatment regiment. Good luck!

t-rudge

It’s been a while since I last posted, I am still feeling anxiety and depression. I’ve experimented on the diet because I was being super strict with it for over a month and would be die-off symptoms were not going away. I’ve allowed myself carbs here or there but no sugar still.

I’m still feeling tired and constantly flu-ish, somewhat less foggy headed after taking Molybdenum though. This is letting me get back to work, thank goodness.

Just to cover my bases I started seeing a counselor to talk things through. The last thing I need to do is find a good Naturopathic doctor so I can completely address this problem with a professional opinion instead of me guessing.

The only problem is that money is short and I’m mostly paying out of pocket for everything.

nodoctor
    Topics: 0

Perhaps I missed this, but did you ever do comprehensive blood (for hormones, CBC, etc.) urine for 24-hour endocrine analysis and hormones, or stool for yeast/parasites? You should at least know what you’re dealing with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What if I took a 14 day course of 2 different antibiotics’ is closed to new replies.