What fed my Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What fed my Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chlofloso 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

I’m in week 5 of my treatment. I’ve noticed that a slightly white coating on my tongue, which had previously disappeared completely, is back, and that the three red spots on my tongue, which used to be very small and close-to-disappeared during the treatment, are getting bigger. That makes me conclude that something fed the Candida during the week when I was off antifungals (which was totally my own fault, I hadn’t realized the importance of molybdenum and then had to wait for it while suffering from die-off symptoms). During that week, however, I ate only green vegetables and eggs. One week ago I introduced coconut flour (I bought the one that says it only contains 4g of carbs) and I’m suspecting that this was feeding the Candida, could that be the case?
    If so, I will stop the coconut flour again. Could I introduce buckwheat instead, or could that feed the Candida as well? I lost so much weight, and really need some energy.

I’ve also noticed that my lymph nodes are swollen (this happened before I introduced the coconut flour). Is that a good sign or not?

Any help is much appreciated.

Chloë

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Chloe,

Coconut flour or buckwheat are not feeding the candida and this is why those are allowed on the diet after the cleanse. Unless you ate something else that is not allowed, I doubt that you fed the candida. It’s possible that what you experience is part of the die-off you are going through. I had my second die-off kick in little after one month mark. I also noticed that during die-off, most of the symptoms come back, and often they intensify as well (could be worse than before). Last die-off, my tongue was all white, then as i was getting better it got kind of patchy and finally it’s mostly pink now.

I too was dealing with all this without molybdenum, but finally it arrived today!!!

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Not that many people have problems with the flours; I am thinking that this is just a short term flare up that will subside.

After about the 1-2 month mark, you should start healing much much faster and symptoms like these typically start to go away.

-raster

Chlofloso

Thanks orka and raster, that’s good news. I will continue to eat the coconut flour then and will introduce buckwheat. Actually, why can the fungus not eat the carbohydrates in buckwheat? Are they too complex for the fungus to digest?
    I forgot to mention that I also have some slight mucus production since a week, which had completely disappeared before for many weeks. I suppose this is also just part of a short flare-up, then? Or is it an allergic reaction?

Chloë

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The thing is, candida can live on just about anything; it can even feed on foods on the allowed foods list (just not as good as other foods). I don’t understand why you think carbs matters, but the main things candida can live on are the following:

-Sugar
    -Alcohol
    -Molds
    -Anything converted to sugar (grains, dairy, etc)

carbs is not the same thing as sugar; carbs exist in many food items and we need them to survive.

If you get a mucous “cough” right after eating, then this is an allergic reaction. However, mucous production in general is more related to immune system functions and not necessarily allergies. The mucous production in general should be concerning because mucoids protect candida from destruction. However, when going through die-off and detoxing, you should experience a large amount of mucous production in general. I had a runny nose and a bad cough for a few months after starting the diet.

For instance, if I were to eat a burger today, I would get a mucous cough afterwards. However I would not necessarily get mucous production all day long, or even the next day.

Also, during the die-off period your body is going haywire in general. There should be a wide variety of symptoms; in general they come in go are only temporary. When they become persistant after months/days/weeks on the diet, then that is when you should be concerned.

Buckwheat is a prebiotic which feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut (FYI) and should be safe. Some people are allergic to it. If you do become allergic to anything, it typically takes a few days of trying it out and not necessarily the first day. Most of us who have candida get the “leaky gut” burn reaction to foods that don’t work with us.

Keep it up!

-raster

Chlofloso

Thanks a lot, raster! I won’t write too much now, am falling asleep (it’s past midnight here), just this: I was concerned about carbs because I thought that usually they could be converted into sugars by the body as well as by the Candida.
    Also, I am still confused about the differences in definition of carbs and dietary fibers. I thought that most dietary fibers are just very long or complex carbs, and reading (European) food labels I’ve noticed that different brands use different definitions, some of them include fibers into the category of carbs, others don’t.

Anyways, I feel safe now to eat buckwheat and am happy about it! I’ll try not to be too hypochondriac about the wide range of variations during the die-off period which you mentioned. Thanks for always answering me, nice to actually be online at the same time for once!

Chloë

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What fed my Candida?’ is closed to new replies.