What do your typical daily meals look like?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What do your typical daily meals look like?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

I’m a bit stuck in a rut at the moment & getting fed up of eating the same thing all the time so I would like to see what everyone else eats in a typical day to see if I can get some ideas.

Thanks

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

My breakfast and lunch is usually the same old monotonous thing. However for dinner I often make a curry or something which is generally a nice change.

Ingredients:
    Coconut milk
    Onion
    Garlic
    Ginger
    Jalapenos
    Okra
    Eggs
    Turmeric
    Chilli Powder
    Salt
    Pepper

Chuck in the onion, garlic, ginger and jalapenos and stir it all up. Let the onions brown and then chuck the coconut milk in. Add turmeric, chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste. Finally chop the okra and add that.

Meanwhile, hard boil some eggs in a separate pan. Once done, peel them and chop them and chuck them in with the rest. I usually use about 2 eggs per person. My dad (a certified curry expert) recommends letting the curry cool and then reheating it to really let the eggs soak up the flavours – but who has time for that? πŸ™‚

I don’t really use measurements, I just do what seems right and the time and never really end up with the same thing.

For my carbs I would use buckwheat. I buy unroasted buckwheat an roast it myself. I put some olive oil in the bottom of a pan. I chuck some herbs or spices in (whatever takes your fancy, I often use turmeric. Wash the buckwheat, chuck that in, roast for 3 – 5 minutes and then pour boiling water in on top.

Again, I don’t really use set recipes or measurements. Often I make it up as I go along.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I’m starting a list of things I enjoy so I don’t have to try and remember everything.

Roasted Kale – Kale, Coconut Oil, Coconut Aminos
    Roasted Brussels sprouts – Brussels sprouts, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper
    Roasted Cauliflower – Cauliflower, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper
    Roasted Okra – Okra, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper
    Avocado & Sauerkraut – Freshly Sliced Avocado, Sauerkraut
    Oat Bran & Coconut Oil – Oat Bran, Coconut Oil
    Steamed Garlic Broccoli – Broccoli, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic powder, Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper
    Fried Caramelized Onion – Onion, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Seasoning
    Eggs– Organic Eggs scrambled, hard boiled, etc.
    Sardines – Quality canned sardines in water
    Sockeye Salmon – Quality Canned or Fresh
    Fried Eggplant – Eggplant, Coconut oil, Sea Salt
    Pickled Eggs – Organic Hard Boiled eggs, Raw Apple cider vinegar, spices
    Steamed Asparagus – Asparagus, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic powder, Sea Salt
    Sauerkraut – Store bought, Organic, Vinegar free
    Vegetable Dip/Dressing – Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Garlic, spices
    Zucchini – SautΓ©ed, Grated Raw, etc.
    Cucumber – Raw
    Whole Coconut – Whole Raw coconut
    Whole Roasted Chicken – Whole Chicken, Coconut/Olive oil, spice
    Salad – Mixed greens, romaine, etc.
    Kefir – Goat Milk, Kefir Grains
    Cauliflower Pizza –
    Anti-Fungal β€œPico” – Raw Onion, Raw Jalapeno, Raw Garlic, Cilantro, ACV, Water, Spices
    Collard Greens –
    Chicken Curry –
    Shrimp Curry –
    Soup –

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

Breakfast – salad (mult types of lettuce, cucumbers, avocado) with some type of meat – fish or lamb

Lunch – the same

Dinner – the same, but usually with bone broth soup (sometimes I eat this at other meals too)

OMG this sucks.

Danny’s list looks good. Unfortunately most of those for me would cause inflammation.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Often I eat these things:
    Oat Bran w/ Coconut oil
    Salads with avocado, lemon, chia seeds
    Chicken (many types of spices and lemon)
    Fish (Salmon, Halibut)
    Key Lime Pie (Avocado)
    Veggies/Veggie Juice
    Protein Powders (Detox/Functional Food Powders)
    Cauliflower (Cauliflower mashed, Cauliflower gratin)
    Nori
    Buckwheat pasta w/ homemade pesto

I’m also always trying to come up with “creative” spins on the same ‘ol, same ‘ol.

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

Lots of good ideas there. Thank you. Off to look up cauliflower pizza

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Some things that I seem to eat a lot include:

1. I hard-boil eggs, and just eat the whites mixed in with the apple cider vinegar mustard, some seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika). I can’t tolerate the yolks a lot. I do scramble a whole egg every once in awhile.
    2. Not plain regular yogurt, but I found out of all the milk products out there. I can eat plain goat yogurt. Then, I put like cinnamon, nutmeg, all-spice, etc. on top. Maybe some stevia mixed in for a little sweetness.
    3. Loving my home-made granola made from oat bran, millet, buckwheat flours.
    4. Buckwheat/or millet crackers; buckwheat bread all adapted by me.
    5. Pre-made salad mixes I make for the week with various seasonings and veggies (cabbage, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, radishes, etc. with olive oil, lemon juice)
    6. Various veggies I love (green beans, cucumbers, asparagus, zucchini make kale chips)
    7. Veggie juices
    8. Some meats I eat every once in awhile during the week (chicken, applegate organic turkey, salmon)
    9. Oh, make some great soups with asparagus and green beans.

I don’t know, various things like that, I started liking pumpkin a lot. I have been trying to mix it up because I have to because I know if I become in a rut with some things, then I can get a leaky gut reaction.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have a recipe blog here with most of my standards: http://sometimesalexeats.tumblr.com

I like food ruts because if I’m in a food routine, then I don’t stress about what I’m eating as much. Basically, I rotate the same few things, then when I get a wild hair, I come up with something new for the rotation.

Every day for breakfast, I have the same thing, either buckwheat or oat bran cereal, with 1 spoon of hemp powder, cinnamon, and ginger.

For lunch, I have veggies of some kind, either in a soup or stir fry. Basically, whatever’s around the house I’ll just chop up and cook.

For dinner, sometimes I just have more veggies, plus two eggs, usually fried (it’s faster and less dishes, LOL). I snack on buckwheat granola or buckwheat bread and veggies.

I like to make things like “cauliflower steak”, roast cabbage, rutabaga hash browns, turnip fries, blended greens, curry, basil eggplant, etc. I make sauce out of coconut aminos pretty often and I put basil on pretty much everything.

I tried cauliflower pizza once and it totally didn’t turn out πŸ™

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What do your typical daily meals look like?’ is closed to new replies.