What do you use to clean raw veggies of mold?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What do you use to clean raw veggies of mold?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  SEJ 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #73586

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    I am on day 10 of the cleanse but still get reactions to some veggies. I assume mold. But, I forgot what is the procedure to get rid of mold. Can someone send the info my way?
    Many thanks!
    SEJ

    #73588

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    What kinds of reactions? What types of veggies are you eating?

    #73592

    greebles
    Member
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

    I second this question. How do ya’ll wash your veggies? veggie spray? lemon and vinegar?

    #73606

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    In your private message you mentioned that you are allergic to molds found in the veggies. Are you eating organic or non-organic veggies?

    If you boil your veggies, this should kill off most of the molds.

    But your reaction likely goes beyond molds, meaning you are allergic to them in general. This could be because of a few reasons…let me explain.

    1)You likely have leaky gut syndrome which causes the food particles to pass through your intestinal walls into your blood system. Your body doesn’t like this and thus reacts to these foreign particles in your blood.

    2)You might have a histamine sensitivity problem. What kinds of symptoms do you experience and how long have you had these symptoms? If you have a histamine problem, certain veggies are worse than others for this food reaction. You can remedy this over a period of weeks by eating carefully, eating fresher veggies, and/or taking supplements.

    -raster

    #73608

    Javizy
    Member
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

    I dunno about moulds, but studies have shown the most effective thing you can do to clean veg is a thorough “rinse ‘n’ rub”. The act of rubbing them is especially effective, like when you wash your hands (hot tap water isn’t hot enough to kill bacteria).

    I read today that stored tubers can be contaminated with microscopic moulds. So you might want to avoid parsnips and others (most aren’t allowed anyway).

    #73629

    BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

    I use natureclean: Fruit and Veggie Spray.

    The bottle recommends that you wash and rinse before you eat the vegetables, but I always pre-wash and store my veggies.

    #73636

    Allira
    Member
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

    I’ve heard washing veges with apple cider vinegar and water is good!

    #73657

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    Thanks everybody for the recommendations! I really appreciate them.

    #73659

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    Javizy wrote: I dunno about moulds, but studies have shown the most effective thing you can do to clean veg is a thorough “rinse ‘n’ rub”. The act of rubbing them is especially effective, like when you wash your hands (hot tap water isn’t hot enough to kill bacteria).

    I read today that stored tubers can be contaminated with microscopic moulds. So you might want to avoid parsnips and others (most aren’t allowed anyway).

    Yeah, I am not eating any tubers. Just the veggies listed on stage #one. But, I will try rubbing!

    #73660

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    BlueSkies wrote: I use natureclean: Fruit and Veggie Spray.

    The bottle recommends that you wash and rinse before you eat the vegetables, but I always pre-wash and store my veggies.

    I will try it! I looked for a veggie spray in the organic supermarket, but I was afraid of some of the ingredients, so I passed. But, I will look into yours. Many thanks!

    #73661

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    Allira wrote: I’ve heard washing veges with apple cider vinegar and water is good!

    Great idea!

    #73662

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    raster wrote: In your private message you mentioned that you are allergic to molds found in the veggies. Are you eating organic or non-organic veggies?

    If you boil your veggies, this should kill off most of the molds.

    But your reaction likely goes beyond molds, meaning you are allergic to them in general. This could be because of a few reasons…let me explain.

    1)You likely have leaky gut syndrome which causes the food particles to pass through your intestinal walls into your blood system. Your body doesn’t like this and thus reacts to these foreign particles in your blood.

    2)You might have a histamine sensitivity problem. What kinds of symptoms do you experience and how long have you had these symptoms? If you have a histamine problem, certain veggies are worse than others for this food reaction. You can remedy this over a period of weeks by eating carefully, eating fresher veggies, and/or taking supplements.

    -raster

    Thanks Raster. I have been eating very carefully for a year and a half. No sugar, no fruits, no vinegar or pickled anything, no dairy, no flour, very few grains–if any–and no alcohol of course. BUT! I never stopped coffee until two weeks ago, so I am thinking that was the thing that stopped me from healing. ( I also was eating yams, which I have now stopped since I have been on the cleanse)

    I was also taking L-Glutamine for “Leaky Gut” but stopped that when I went on the cleanse. Perhaps I should start that again?

    The foods I get reactions too–for example, the other day I got a reaction to red cabbage, but didn’t get that reaction the day before when I ate it. So, I am thinking that it was just mold.

    I try to eat organic as much as possible, but it isn’t always available. But, I also never eat leftovers and always eat veggies from the market within a day or two of buying them. So, I am always eating as fresh as I can.

    I did notice that I would get a reaction after brushing my teeth–clogged ears and belching, so I just purchased through Amazon, a Candida friendly toothpaste, which is very hard to find, even in health food stores!

    I thought it might be possible that my Candida problem isn’t going away because of heavy metal poisoning? I had a test about 7 years ago, and I was fine–I am VERY careful about the fish I eat. But do you think I should do the hair analysis again?

    Many thanks for your help!

    #73680

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    It might be that your body is reacting to the foods after eating them for a period of a few days in a row; I got this after trying quinoa. If you rotate the foods that you eat, then you might have less of a problem.

    After the cleanse, continue to to take glutamine. There are other supplements you can take that will help heal leaky gut, and once you do, you shouldn’t have any more food reactions. I don’t think its mold, I think its just leaky gut. Fresh veggies have very little molds on them; their skin is typically antifungal in general to repel molds and parasites.

    -raster

    #73759

    SEJ
    Member
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

    raster wrote: It might be that your body is reacting to the foods after eating them for a period of a few days in a row; I got this after trying quinoa. If you rotate the foods that you eat, then you might have less of a problem.

    After the cleanse, continue to to take glutamine. There are other supplements you can take that will help heal leaky gut, and once you do, you shouldn’t have any more food reactions. I don’t think its mold, I think its just leaky gut. Fresh veggies have very little molds on them; their skin is typically antifungal in general to repel molds and parasites.

    -raster

    Thank you Raster! What are the other supplements that are good for “Leaky Gut?”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What do you use to clean raw veggies of mold?’ is closed to new replies.