What do you put on your coconut flour pancakes?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast What do you put on your coconut flour pancakes?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  valuta 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

avshook
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I was going to try to make coconut flour pancakes today, but I couldn’t think of anything to put on them that didn’t have sugar in it. I guess yogurt would be one option (I put a little lemon juice and stevia in my yougurt), does anyone have any other ideas?

Mayanah
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Did you try googling or youtubing for recipes or ideas. I eat mine try, but maybe you can try putting a teeny weeny bit of agave syrup on you flap jacks; depending on how severe your candida is and what actually causes flare ups. Agave syrup raises your blood sugar slowly.

bekred
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

Have you tried coconut butter? Yum! I like to put vanilla powder and stevia in my yogurt if you want to go the yogurt route. 🙂

brsadiha
    Participant
    Replies: 1

I was going to try to make coconut flour pancakes today, but I couldn’t think of anything to put on them that didn’t have sugar in it. I guess yogurt would be one option (I put a little lemon juice and stevia in my yougurt), does anyone have any other ideas?

Try organic, sugar free natural almond butter. It’s super yummy.

hypnosandra
    Participant
    Replies: 9

If you’re at the phase where you can have berries, throw some in a blender (with or with out a little stevia)and just pour! I like the earlier suggestion of the almond butter – if your on the west coast, Winco stores (and a few others) have peanut and almond grinders to make your own fresh nut butters without anything added! They’re in the bulk foods section. I’ve been getting fresh almond butter there for years, since I can’t digest peanuts very well, and don’t like what they add to commercial brands of almond butter. I’m curious to know if it’s ok to use cocoa powder. I know they say no chocolate, but coca powder isn’t mentioned anywhere…

Buccable
    Participant

Almond butter would be good, as mentioned. And cacao nibs, if allowed.

You could try savoury panackes. Add some avocado, sprouts, boiled cabbage if you’re feeling more adventurous.

hypnosandra
    Participant

Following bekred’s suggestion of yogurt, I hunted down a recipe I had glimpsed recently. It’s actually a filling for buckwheat crepes by it’ll work every bit as well!

1 cup of plain greek yogurt
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1 pkt of stevia
    cinnamon to taste (I forgot if they actually included a measurement for this)
    chopped hazelnuts (a handful is plenty… it’s to sprinkle on top)

I actually got so excited about the recipe, that I whipped up a batch. I used the single serving sized cup which actually comes out to 5.3 oz, so it’s a little shy of a full cup. But it’s fabulous! I used it for a dipping sauce for some coconut flour cookies I made (the author didn’t specify how much stevia to use in that recipe, and I clearly didn’t use enough – And I’m one who doesn’t like thing very sweet!). Long story, short – It’s the perfect compliment!

orangestar
    Participant
    Replies: 7

@hypnosandra, that yogurt filling sounds amazing. Sometimes we melt a couple of squares of (stevia sweetened) dark chocolate on ours. Try web searching for “Pure Love Chocolate” and find the “Pure Dark” flavor — it’s a small chocolate brand so not available in most stores but can be ordered online.

cgoldie
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 6

It may sound crazy but I find that coconut aminos taste great on pancakes. I sometimes mix them in unsweetened coconut milk to make a sauce. The coconut aminos are a little bit salty but I think that is actually good. Just try a little and see what you think!

KessyLerri
    Blocked
    Replies: 4

I am not sure how it will be without sugar. But when I made this at my home I mixed sugar in it.

hypnosandra
    Participant

If you’re following a Candida diet, sugar is never okay. Are you unable to use stevia?

fiae
    Participant
    Replies: 23

I’ve found that using coconut butter (coconut manna) with cinnamon and a blend of erythritol and monk fruit extract (I buy them as a blend – it’s golden and delicious but I can’t remember the name of the brand) and it tastes SO good. Like a sugary pancake. Oh lord – I want them now!

Fiae

Edward5
    Participant

I am doing this from 2 years.And Agree with you it’s super yummy

valuta
    Participant
    Replies: 7

Do you have the recipe ?

Thank you 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What do you put on your coconut flour pancakes?’ is closed to new replies.