What do you put on your bread?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas What do you put on your bread?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ChinUp 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

diddy182
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

Made some bread; anyway I can’t really think of what to put on it.

Tried ghee but the taste just isn’t for me. Was thinking of pesto/roasted tomatos but had cheese and what not in it + can’t have tomatos..

So yeah, simple question, what do you put on your bread/do with your bread?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I slather on some coconut oil; tastes great with any bread that has coconut flour. Its my butter substitute.

-raster

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I was under the impression that butter was ok on the diet… is that not true?

diddy182

Well the site says you can have butter..but butter isn’t mentioned at all in the strict diet.. Ive been just eating whatever on the strict list.

Also tried that coconut oil on the bread today; was pretty good.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Butter is not on the diet; we follow a strict forum diet which doesn’t allow seeds, nuts, rice, and starches.

Butter contains lactose which is a type of sugar and it also contains salt which converts to sugar as well.

-raster

yeastygut
    Replies: 34

waaaait a minute, does salt really convert into sugar? I am a recovering salt addict and have recently been falling back into my salty routines. I have been on the diet for about five months now, and have been following the strict forum diet for about two. As for butter, I am fairly certain that although it contains some lactose, it contains so little that even those who are lactose intolerant can usually handle it. Hm. What a bummer, I’ll miss my butter! I suppose it is the little things like butter on your bread and tomatoes in your eggs that must be avoided once you choose to take the strict diet route. Oh but why oh why must salt be avoided too?!

berrley
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I’m confused, because organic butter is listed on the strict diet “foods to eat” page

diddy182

The foods to eat page on the main site isn’t the same diet that a lot of people on the forum are following. You can email able for the strict diet.

I too am interested in the whole salt thing. I’ve been using salt lately; maybe that’s why I don’t feel as good as I was before.

TheEggy
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

I am also a salt addict. Are we talking about crappy table salt or the good stuff that still has minerals and such in it? There’s a significant difference.

gibbsmama5
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

able’s coconut bread recipe calls for Celtic Sea Salt. Is it different than table salt? I guess, once again, quality makes a difference

cjtboy
    Replies: 26

pure sea salt is on the strict forum diet, so i am pretty sure it doesn’t turn into sugar… still, prob a good idea in general to go easy on the salt for general health anyway

ChinUp
    Replies: 24

I put raw sauerkraut – homemade blended style so it is like a relish

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What do you put on your bread?’ is closed to new replies.