What do you feel is the emotional root to your Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What do you feel is the emotional root to your Candida?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  willsurvive 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

willsurvive
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 25

i am sorting out mine, believing it to be lack of self-love, fear, and anxiety. Though as a woman with the infestation affecting the genitals, I also believe there are some fears of long term intimacy. I am married, but I wonder why emotionally I have created this. I am mind, body, spirit oriented and I do not think it was all just my 7 months of antibiotics because 2 were internal, but the rest was topical antibiotic. I believe I was vulnerable to this for a few reasons.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

while stress can certainly make candida worse i dont think that there is an emotional cause of it .U can have it for several reasons like mine are longterm antibiotics ,poor diet ,insulin resistance and high stress ,pregnancy .

Die off can make u very emotional for me i get angry at myself and the diet !I am an emotional eater many people are and im learning to overcome this .Its very hard when u are emotionally connected to food ,i honestly didnt know it untill i tried the diet !

After my baby my pain started 1st like a uti then a direct bladder pain and vaginal vulva pain ,doctors gave me 3 months of antibiotics and made me worse !i think thats why im not recovered already !its been 2 years of vaginal pain /bladder pain now and though ive tried to start treatment i ended up failing every time i started the strict diet ,i eventually got frustrated and have been following a moderate version which includes almond butter,low sugar fruits ,and low mold cheese .

this is hard !dont beat yourself up just do the best u can every day !

Lynn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

Hmmm… interesting question, WS. Well, I’ve always had a weight problem and have felt sickly throughout most of my life, so it’s almost masochistic in a sense when you think about it. Why not just choose life? Seems so simple, right? Feeling healthy beats eating poison, right? If only it were that simple….

Even though my problem is not identical to yours (for some reason I do not have vaginal yeast infections, which I find odd… unless I just don’t know I have one… but I’m never itchy or burning or have any discharge or whatnot “down there”… lol… but who knows?– doing this detox/diet may end up making one happen!), I can relate in the sense that keeping myself in this unhealthy state has allowed me to keep people at a distance. I guess it relates back to what you said– a lack of self love and acceptance combined with a large dose of low self esteem. When you’re fat and tired and miserable, it’s easy to stay locked up in your house and not face the world/reality because now you have an excuse.

I guess with anyone who is suffering from an addiction (yes, I think those of us with Candida fall under an “addicts” label when it comes to food/sugar/carbs on psychological and physical levels) has a problem with self love. We choose our addiction/attachment over allowing ourselves to feel good and be healthy/thrive. Just like when you see someone who has a heroine addiction… it’s so hard physically and mentally to overcome it. Not saying Candida is as severe as a heroine addiction, but the main idea is quite similar… our bodies physically cry out for the sugar/processed foods/carbs, and when we don’t have it we literally get sick. It’s a vicious cycle. And when we try to detox, just as with a heroine addict, we have a horrible and painful recovery period (again, not saying a Candida detox is as bad as coming off of heroine, but it’s basically the same premise). The only major difference is, people who have a drug problem know it’s the drugs that are causing the problem. With Candida, most people don’t know and are given a hard time by others because people the symptoms can be masked by other disorders (i.e. depression, adrenal fatigue, etc).

So… yeah… it’s all about learning to love ourselves and making the hard decisions. Giving up our methods of “escape” and temporary pleasure and facing the emotional baggage head-on. I see so clearly now how it is definitely a choice. It is a grown-up choice, too. As children we want what we want. If we want a cookie we have the cookie and don’t care about the consequences. But as adults we need to be mature and make a choice between loving ourselves and treating our bodies and minds with compassion, or giving into every single pleasure we desire. It’s taken me my entire life to come to this conclusion, and it definitely relates back to your question of what is the “emotional root” to our Candida. I’ve finally made a choice to love myself and to choose life and health over temporary pleasure and never-ending pain. And I’m not saying it’s easy, either. But no one said doing what’s right is easy. You just have to believe that you are worth it. I truly believe once you tell yourself and your body that you’re worth healing and getting better, your body will literally physically work with you to rid yourself of the dis-ease. But first, you must heal that emotional baggage inside of you for it to happen.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Although slightly off topic, I would like to add something after being inspired by what Lynn wrote about making the “adult” decision.

I have had an infestation since I was very young. A young boy tormented by OCD, learning problems, stomach woes, etc,. etc,. It has only been in the last few years that I started seeing that what I was doing, in terms of my eating habits, was contributing greatly to how I was feeling.

Several months ago, my girlfriend and I moved far away. Away from everyone and everything we knew. And there was this “voice”, this feeling really, that I needed to do this — no matter how hard, no matter how many doubts I had I just NEEDED to, not just so I could be healthy, not just so I could stay employed …. but, because somehow being healthy connected me to my soul (my spiritual side) and this in turn, connected me to my higher purpose in life.

Let me add, I appreciate all those on this forum. Onward and upward fellow candida warriors.

Lynn
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 10

goingnatural;44415 wrote: Although slightly off topic, I would like to add something after being inspired by what Lynn wrote about making the “adult” decision.

I have had an infestation since I was very young. A young boy tormented by OCD, learning problems, stomach woes, etc,. etc,. It has only been in the last few years that I started seeing that what I was doing, in terms of my eating habits, was contributing greatly to how I was feeling.

Several months ago, my girlfriend and I moved far away. Away from everyone and everything we knew. And there was this “voice”, this feeling really, that I needed to do this — no matter how hard, no matter how many doubts I had I just NEEDED to, not just so I could be healthy, not just so I could stay employed …. but, because somehow being healthy connected me to my soul (my spiritual side) and this in turn, connected me to my higher purpose in life.

Let me add, I appreciate all those on this forum. Onward and upward fellow candida warriors.

Awesome.

hope4eva77

Lynn thats a great point i agree ,this is by far the most challenging thing ive had to do and ive been thru alot of shit in my life .it is an addiction to food and as a emotional eater i have to say no im worth more than that .its not worth the pain .

We most defiantly have to overcome our emotions and havr the right frame of mind to conquer this ! 🙂

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah, I am a recovering addict and have been through a few 12-step programs, but food has been my hardest one to deal with, by far. I have yet to really go through the steps with OA, but I think I really need to. I can’t quite face it just yet 🙁

My emotional roots are definitely tied to never feeling good enough or perfect enough…so I act out because, fuck it, right? :p (Not really, but you know, that’s how I feel.) I had a TON of pressure on me growing up and still do, and I know I’m a big disappointment to my family (don’t tell me I’m not or that I’m a good person or whatever – that’s irrelevant, it’s a fact, my dad has said so :/). It’s been really hard for me to get over feeling like a loser/failure all the time, and I am still working on it, even though I’m 31.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

alexalgebra;44446 wrote: Yeah, I am a recovering addict and have been through a few 12-step programs, but food has been my hardest one to deal with, by far. I have yet to really go through the steps with OA, but I think I really need to. I can’t quite face it just yet 🙁

My emotional roots are definitely tied to never feeling good enough or perfect enough…so I act out because, fuck it, right? :p (Not really, but you know, that’s how I feel.) I had a TON of pressure on me growing up and still do, and I know I’m a big disappointment to my family (don’t tell me I’m not or that I’m a good person or whatever – that’s irrelevant, it’s a fact, my dad has said so :/). It’s been really hard for me to get over feeling like a loser/failure all the time, and I am still working on it, even though I’m 31.

Funny you say that, because I have known several recovering addicts, worked in a detox program, and the rampant over-eating is common.

Must be tough feeling like a loser/failure all the time. I admire anyone who takes their health seriously enough to commit to this diet. Also, in your case commit to sobriety. That seems like a determined, industrious person, who values himself to me.

hope4eva77

I also know quite a few addicts and they all are addicted to sugar also .i think for me its simply eating when im sad ,feeling down like comfort food .ive found it very helpful to focus on the small things that make me happy like listening to music ,hugging my daughter or relaxing with a cup of tea .anything to take my mind of the cravings .

willsurvive
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 25

As we grow up we become products of our parents, programmed to see the world as they do, hear it as they hear it and feel it as they feel it. We learn coping skills of always focusing on the past and future, completely avoiding the present. Candida, aids as a smoke screen perpetuating our inability to stay present.
    According to Karol Truman and Feelings Burred Alive Never Die, candida overgrowths are secondary to: -begins with doubting self, resentment multiplying on the inside, inability to claim ones own power, unresolved negative feelings, continually blaming others, inability to let go of past, allowing the past to dictate the present and holding onto old concepts Where you get it?
    If we look at it from a Chinese Medicine perspective:
    Mouth: flower for the SP/ST (over-thinking, worry, lack of sympathy/empathy)- muscles
    Nose: flower of the LU/LI (sadness/grief, not being able to let go physically and emotionally, righteousness, disorder)- skin
    Tongue: flower for the HT/SI (arrogance, impatience, over joy, lack of peace and intuition (trust in self))- blood vessels
    Sex organs: fear, lack of fluidity, not living ones legacy, lack of sense of self and direction
    Ears: flowers for the KD/UB (fear, lack of fluidity and willpower) -bones
    Eyes: flower for the LV/GB (mental activity, nerves and anger)- nerves and nails
    Why we might benefit from it?
    Everything in life, whether we want to believe it or not, teaches us a lesson, meaning along with the good, the bad experiences we endure each have meaningful purpose. We as humans have our “ego” that allows us to avoid and escape our own realities due to our many fears (intimacy, owned belief of self worth, etc.). This creates the spiritual wounded human being that over time starts to develop muscle tension in all bodies. In order to escape this pain, we anesthetize (intoxicate) oneself… we live in a drunken stupor. This is how our body benefits from Candida! It teaches us the pieces and parts we need to heal and do not want to heal.
    How to treat it?
    From my perspective, most people’s candida overgrowths are secondary from a fear…a programmed fear, a co-dependency fear or a fear or oneself. The questions we have to ask ourselves each day when we see, feel, hear, smell, and taste reality, when we judge others and self, whose thoughts or fears are they really? There are always 3 truths in life, your mothers, your fathers and YOURS! In order to figure out why you have candida, you must begin to realize YOUR truths!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What do you feel is the emotional root to your Candida?’ is closed to new replies.