What do you eat for breakfast?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What do you eat for breakfast?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Still to this day I just havent found anything which is even close to being breakfasty, so unfortunately I usually skip a meal and have brunch per say, which isn’t good for obvious reasons. Understandably our diet is very restrictive so I imagine everyone has or is encountering this problem to an extent. What I would love to know is what you eat for breakfast and what you creative minds have discovered and found as substitutes or ways of making breakfast more possible?

Thanks
    JD

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

I usually have some variety of scrambled eggs. Today I had scrambled eggs with jalapenos, topped with sliced avocado and smoked salmon, and washed down with a big glass of kefir.

1533jd

Thanks Cheesey. Because I have leaky gut I react to eggs. I would be eating eggs the whole time, if only I didnt react..bummer really!

Also last night I drank some chicken bone broth and woke up feeling awful today, could that be die off?

Thanks
    JD

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi JD,
    I was just curious to know if you react to the whole egg or if you would be ok to eat the egg white?
    I feel for you…I would be lost without my morning egg too!
    I have some avocado, an egg cooked in coconut oil and a rice cake (i know not everyone agrees with eating rice but small amounts work for me).
    There are also some great recipe ideas on this forum i have noticed. it just all depends on how strict you are eating.
    Take care
    🙂

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Hi, I agree with Julia; I cannot eat a whole egg most the time. I know I need, too, but for some reason it just does not agree with me. I do every once in awhile, but I usually stick to egg whites, and I am fine with that.

1533jd

Thanks guys, thats interesting, never thought of separating the whites. For me the best part has to be the yolk though, oh well worth a try! Thanks Julia and Kjones.

Much appreciatd
    JD

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I eat a little bit of quick organic steel oats, kamut puffs cereal. Tastes very plain, no sugar and a cup is 6 grams of carbs, I use a little bit of unsweetened coconut milk. Or I’ll have organic eggs, but some weeks I react to them, other weeks I don’t.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

This morning I had no energy so I ate homemade kale chips for breakfast. Avocado can be a lovely breakfast smeared on a slice of coconut bread. Or buckwheat cooked in coconut milk with cinnamon, vanilla, and coconut oil. Left overs make a great breakfast if you can’t have any buckwheat yet. When I was beginning the diet I would roast cauliflower for breakfast.

If you can have yogurt it’s the best with a little vanilla, and liquid coconut oil poured over it. The oil hardens and it’s really yummy.

Mooch, why are you eating gluten for breakfast on a candida diet?

Cheesey
    Replies: 245

mrs.candida;38956 wrote:
    If you can have yogurt it’s the best with a little vanilla, and liquid coconut oil poured over it. The oil hardens and it’s really yummy.

I was under the impression that vanilla was incredibly sugary and also alcoholic if using extract?

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

I love my morning breakfast with usually two scrambled eggs [well] with broccoli, green pepper, onion, and spinach. I use black pepper, onion powder, and sea salt as well. Yum!

I also sometimes eat organic oat bran; I plan on making hot buckwheat cereal soon too! I’ll sprinkle a tiny amount of Sweetleaf stevia and cinnamon in oat bran for taste.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Depending on how I’m feeling, I may eat something “breakfasty” like eggs (if my hen is offering) or a hot cereal like oat bran or cream of buckwheat, but most of the time, I just make steamed or stir-fried veggies, or salad. I used to eat miso soup for breakfast semi-frequently before starting the diet, so the switch to savory breakfast doesn’t feel that weird to me anymore. I’m just finishing my breakfast right now, which was a stir-fry consisting of eggplant, broccoli, brussels sprouts, spinach, kale, and chard with homemade sauerkraut, and peppermint raspberry leaf tea.

I think once you get past the mental barrier of “breakfast” food, you can eat anything at any time of day.

If you can get your hands on some smoked paprika, it lends a smoky savory flavor most people closely associate with bacon/pork products, which of course is a Western world breakfast staple.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

raster’s breakfast:

-1/2 cup oat bran with stevia or 1/3 cup buckwheat with stevia
    -large serving of greek yogurt with kefir and blueberries and stevia
    -pumpkin pie muffin bread (heals leaky gut and is anti-inflammatory)

weekends:
    -same as above but with pan fried rutabega (cubed) and spices
    -scrambled eggs (plain)

I used to eat scrambled eggs everyday but I noticed I healed faster without them.

-raster

kodaz2005
    Replies: 172

I Juice with my vitamix blender. Of course only with Strict diet vegetables and concentrating strong antifungal veges & fresh spices like cilantro, ginger, etc. which I rotate each day. I believe in the power of juicing as I know several people that included this in their routine.

I also usually have a very small piece of coconut/oat bran bread with a cup of hot chicory coffee.

The juicing takes real discipline IMO, but it’s great for this condition since it makes the food so readily available for your cells to absorb. You are really giving your digestive system a complete break from the time you finish dinner until you eat lunch.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I was under the impression that vanilla was incredibly sugary and also alcoholic if using extract?

It’s true vanilla is not on the forums strict diet.

In the amount I consume (1 drop each time I use it, which isn’t even daily) it’s not a problem.

The way I see it, one drop of vanilla is not going to “feed” candida since it’s such a small amount.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

raster;38971 wrote: raster’s breakfast:

-1/2 cup oat bran with stevia or 1/3 cup buckwheat with stevia
    -large serving of greek yogurt with kefir and blueberries and stevia
    -pumpkin pie muffin bread (heals leaky gut and is anti-inflammatory)

weekends:
    -same as above but with pan fried rutabega (cubed) and spices
    -scrambled eggs (plain)

I used to eat scrambled eggs everyday but I noticed I healed faster without them.

-raster

Was there anything in particular about your reaction to eggs that caused you to leave them out?

My breakfast is buckwheat ‘porridge’.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What do you eat for breakfast?’ is closed to new replies.