What Did You Eat Today? (food ideas!!!)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What Did You Eat Today? (food ideas!!!)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Pina 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Jeanne
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

One of my favorite meals is a stir-fry of red peppers, green peppers, and onions combined with quinoa and chicken. Here are my tips for putting together a quick meal.

1. Buy a family pack of split chicken breasts (4 pieces) and bake the chicken. Leave the skin and bone on while baking, (I oil the skin with a little with olive oil first). I cook them at 400 for 35 minutes. After the chicken cools, cut each piece in half, remove the skin, then “shred” the chicken off the bones with your hands. You’ll then have 8 little piles of shredded chicken. Wrap each pile in foil, stick them all in a freezer bag, then freeze. When ready to use, this quickly defrosts in the microwave. It’s a bit of work up front, but then you have the convenience of ready-made chicken for a couple of weeks.

2. Stir fry 2 large onions (I use those big white ones), 2 red peppers, and 2 green peppers in olive oil on medium-low heat until soft. After this cools, partition the stir-fry in 6 or 8 bags or containers, and freeze.

3. Cook a cup of quinoa as directed. When cool, put this in the fridge.

When you’re ready for this meal, defrost the chicken and peppers, then add the quinoa with a nice big pat of butter and some sea salt and microwave.

I was tired of chicken today, so I substituted 2 scrambled eggs for the chicken, and it was outstanding! With eggs, it would make a good breakfast too.

I’m so glad I liked quinoa before this diet, because I’m not too fond of the other grains that are allowed (except for brown rice, that’s a good one).

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Mike. Yes, the turkey kielbasa is from Trader Joe’s. It’s organic, no antibiotics used in raising/farming the turkey, and there are no questionable ingredients. It is a little higher in fat than some think is good for an ACD, but it’s such a great convenience food for me, I don’t mind it. The ingredients are turkey, purified water, seas salt, spices, paprika, dehyrated garlic, and beef casing. I agree, it *would* be very good in a bean soup, but I’m not quite up to that large of a serving of beans, yet 🙂

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Hi CTMike,
    I was really happy to see that you included butter in one of your recipes because i thought that dairy products and obviously butter were a no go, so im really delighted. Would you tell me what kind of butter you used and if it is really true that we can have butter and at what stage we can have it please.

Thank you for all the valuable information

Diane

ote=veg2](I’m also still working on setting up the blog for recipes) Got it started, but need to put stuff on it.
    Anyway, I had a brown rice cake w a little neufchatel cheese and cinnamon on top on the way to work. Then once I got settled in for a real breakfast I had some rice pudding, (cup of brown rice, some coconut milk, egg, truvia/cinnamon, chopped nuts)
    I had a couple almond butter cookies in there somewhere. Can of Amy’s vegetable soup for lunch (kind of an emergency keep on hand food for when I don’t prep enough food).
    I drank like 4 liters of water at work, and some zingiber/coconut tea from Teavana, delicious. At home I think I had another rice cake since I was pretty hungry right away, then made an omelet w spinach, black beans, tomatos, avocado on top, some neufchatel, spicy salsa, cayenne pepper, cooked w coconut oil.
    Kind of a lazy day, didn’t have a lot prepped.
    oh -almond butter cookies, (since my blog is taking me longer than expected)
    6 oz almond butter
    1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
    1/2 cp butter
    1 cp stevia/xylitol/truvia
    1 tsp cinnamon*
    1 tsp ginger spice*
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1 3/4 cups coconut flour
    1 egg
    form into small balls, cook 400 degrees about 10 min
    *optional

I tweak this recipe as sometimes they cookies can be dry/crumbly, this time I used 2/3 almond butter (the kind you grind yourself) 1/3 cashew butter (a jar brand, with some kind of oil) I know it’s best to have the grind yourself kind but I think this made the cookeis more moist. I added some dry unsweetend coconut to the tops of some of the cookies and carob chips to some. I think I actually like the “plain” ones best though. They are small and dense w the coconut flour, so it’s nice to have on hand if I need a snack quick or to satisy my sweet tooth. My sugar cravings are gone, but I just like comfort treats like hot tea and a little cookie anyway.

Oh, I also had a couple “chocolates” yesterday, I melted a 100% dark chocolate baking cocoa bar and added some xylitol, coconut oil, milk, until it tasted good then dumped in an ice cube tray. Just nice to have little treats on hand. Espeically now that it’s getting warmer! I’ve made iced chai, but does anyone have any other good cold drink recipes? Sometimes water gets boring. Maybe I’ll try some homemade lemonade/limeade.

Hope

Diane – hi, again 🙂 You’ll want to be *very* cautious with the butter. It’s called “sweet cream butter” by some for a reason 🙂 The lactose in dairy can be a big trigger for candida. Organic kefir and yogurt are exceptions because the fermenting process uses up much of the lactose and the benefits of the probiotics outweight any negatives. I would recommend staying away from butter completely for the first two weeks. After that, you could try to add a very small amount of *organic* (no antibiotics used in the dairy farming) butter for a week or so, and gradually increase. I still wouldn’t personally go beyond a tablespoon in any one day, or have it more than a few times a week. I save mine for when I really want it – like on buckwheat grits or on top of hot mashed turnips.

Hope this helps 🙂

p.s. In that quote you shared, there was a mention of cocoa. Cocoa is not permitted on the diet – even small amounts of caffeine are not recommended, and cocoa contains caffeine. Carob powder, however, (if you can get it) is an approved food.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you need butter, you can purchase something called “ghee” which is a clarified butter originating from India. I used it for cooking throughout my treatment with no problems.
    Do yourself a favor and leave the regular supermarket butter and margarine alone.
    http://www.pureindianfoods.com/index.shtml

Hope

I can’t get used to the taste of ghee, Able. And it smells like rancid butter to me 🙁 If I need more butter for something, I do sometimes use it halfsies with the butter, but only when the other tastes are strong enough to drown it out.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Well I hope you’re happy, Hope, you just made me go to my fridge, reach for the ghee and take three big whiffs. I kinda liked the aroma, but after your comment, I’m not sure if that’s a good thing. =)

Do you think it’s possible that you receive that particular aroma you described because you’re pregnant? I have a friend whose wife is pregnant. She loved tuna fish before she became pregnant, but now she doesn’t even like to look at a can let alone open it and take a chance on getting a whiff of the aroma.

But I think you’re right about the ghee being pretty strong. When I use it in a recipe like coconut bread, I also use half of it with olive oil. This works fine since I love the taste of olive oil in baked foods.

How are the antibiotics coming along?

Hope

LOL – sorry, Able! 🙂 Just pinch your nose when you use it next time!

NeekyNoo
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 46

Hiya,

My day today:
    Liver flush – 1 clove fresh garlic, 1 lemon juiced, 1 grapefruit juiced (usually this or fresh ginger), 3 tsp olive oil, 1 tsp bentonite clay, 1 tsp psyllium husks
    Breakfast – organic sheeps yoghurt, sunflower seeds, pecan nuts
    Snack – carob, coconut oil & nut butter fudge
    Lunch – red & green cabbage, lettuce salad in almond dressing with grilled trout
    Dinner – homemade bean burgers with lettuce & avocado, cherry tomatoes, almond & flax crackers
    Eve snack – more fudge (I’m slightly addicted!)

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

I thought this was a good thread so I’m bumping it! Here’s what I ate so far today:

mackerel + salad

quinoa with red peppers, garlic and zucchini

lime-water

snacks: Either hard-boiled organic egg, almond-flax cookies, or probiotic plain yogurt

I’m going to finish off my box of quinoa slowly and then stop eating it for a while. I know it’s listed as okay for the diet, but it’s surprisingly high in carbs! I’ll only have it for one meal a day.

sage
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

This is a great thread… we all need meal ideas

Breakfast – 1/4 c greek yogurt, 1/4 c organic vanilla yogurt ( I know … should not have but I loath plain yogurt on its own) mixed with 1 heaping tbsp ground flax powder. Lemon water, peppermint tea.

Lunch – homemade hummus, a few rice crackers & flax/pinto bean chips. My usually lettuce and cold steamed broccoli salad with lemon & garlic dressing.

green tea

Dinner – boneless chicken sauteed with peppers, zucchini, celery, garlic, olive oil, onions. Added a organic can of tomatoes ( probably another no-no) but it was so good with a little brown rice. Plus lettuce & broccoli salad.

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

quinoa with red peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes

seafood soup with celery and organic vegetable broth

Will have a organic salad and make almond bread for tonight 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What Did You Eat Today? (food ideas!!!)’ is closed to new replies.