What comes first: Adrenal fatigue of candida overgrowth?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions What comes first: Adrenal fatigue of candida overgrowth?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I am going into year 2 of treating my candida overgrowh. I now have adrenal fatigue (low cortisol in the morning) and thyroid imbalance. I have read AF (adrenal fatigue) causes candida and also that candida causes AF. I’ve also read I can’t get rid of af until I get rid of candida and vice versa. How is a gal to beat this?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you consumed coffee or caffeine in the past, this likely drained you adrenals some. When they got too depleted, they then started to drain your thyroid which is the center of your immune system. Then if you did a candida treatment, this likely made things worse unless you addressed everything at the same time (holistically) because when your body heals it needs the thyroid.

So its all related to your thyroid imo.

To get better you likely need a holistic treatment that addresses everything at the same time and this is basically what I’ve promoted the last few years on here.

-raster

sane123
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Hi, I must say that i have a different vision concerning healing from adrenal fatigue. Finding the causes of adrenal fatigue or candida, is often not one of these two, but an imbalance of the HPA-axis. This can be caused by heavy metal poisoning. Also there is something called the brain gut connection. In my case the problem is in my brain because of mercury and if have heard that statistics say that almost everybody has a certain amount of heavy metals in their body. Especially eating a lot of fish is bad. Because of this i switched from eating fish to getting my omega fatty acids from supplements. Believe me i tried many of these supplements but i have to say that supplements in capsule form a just to expensive so i use: flaxseed oil and buy it in a bottle: flaxseed oil.

Does anybody know if omega fatty acids have a good effect on candida. By the way i heard very good stories about using glutamine. My hope is that omega’s are also good, two birds with one stone 🙂 !

Good luck everyone with their journey!

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

raster;59536 wrote: If you consumed coffee or caffeine in the past, this likely drained you adrenals some.

I never used any coffee or caffeine in the past and I have serious adrenal problems since I was 10 or so.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

I’ve been a regular user of large amounts of coffee for many years. Later, my coffee consumption dropped. Since about a year, maybe a bit longer, it increased again.

I’ve never experienced any adrenal problems at all.

Rabelais

MadEmx
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

Raster – is that the protocol you outline in the stickies? I am working with an ND and we are working on immune-building, stress, liver detox etc. Is that what you mean?

Sane123 – I agree 100% that my HPA axis is off kilter. The problem is I can’t figure out the root cause. It has affected my hormones, gut, thyroid etc. My ND thinks I have been in survival mode since the death of my mother when I was 15 (I am now 40) and I have a very anxious, type A personality, made worse from my health woes. I am actually working on changing my fight or flight reaction through EFT, meditation, deep breathing and I can tell you, I am way less anxious about little things than I once was. So it is working. But I can’t help but wonder if there is something else going on. I have never had mercury fillings, and when I went to a kinisiologist, he tested me for heavy metals but found none. Whereas I tested very high for yeast/fungus….

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would test your iodine levels for your thyroid and see where they are at. Then I would consult your ND about a treatment plan to heal thyroid and adrenals at same time. For me, once I started to heal thyroid, I became much stronger and didn’t get sick anymore…and I felt I could fight candida much easier.

Some people consume coffee to “wake up” and this means they are fatigued in one way or another which would relate to adrenal health…

-raster

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

Using coffee to “wake up” is a bad idea. It does help, in a way, and it may be useful in situations where you need to be alert but you got too little sleep or something. However, there’s a relapse some time after you’ve got your coffee, so it’s a temporary solution at best.

The cases where I used coffee to “wake up” or to “stay alert” are rare, luckily.

Rabelais

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

I have had adrenal fatigue since at least 2010, and it has steadily got worse. Slightly rebounding initially on the diet last year, but various co-factors have made me decline.

My thyroid is suffering, and I’m about to start on the supplements the Doc gave me:

– Zinc with Copper (also contains lactobacillus bulgaris, from milk – bit skeptical of this)
    – DHEA (10mg)
    – She recommended Siberian Ginseng with Licorice, but it has alcohol at 42%. So I decided against it. I’m going to try an alcohol free one.

She said I need more Magnesium, Selenium and Omega 3.

I think 2 of the supplements will help my adrenals but not my thyroid…

Also: I didn’t drink coffee until 2011, and not even everyday Probably less than once a week averaged out, so it’s not everyone’s root cause.

I heard you’re supposed to drink coffee at like 11:00 to boost your energy, otherwise right around breakfast will cause a low before lunch.

I like the idea of coffee naps – drink a cup then have a quick nap, around 30 mins later it should wake you up! I’ll never have coffee again to try it, but sounds useful.

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

What is your current diet?

Candida is caused by a weakened immune system. Adrenal fatigue will come before the candida. Candida is in almost everyone, yet it does not cause most people symptoms. This is because your immune system has to be very weak for candida to become a problem.

Most likely you are not eating enough carbohydrate.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

lolcandida;59574 wrote: This is because your immune system has to be very weak for candida to become a problem.

Most likely you are not eating enough carbohydrate.

The problems with your immune system are too complex to say that one needs to ‘eat more carbohydrate’. If you do that, maybe your immune system will catch up. But then your candida problems will probably get worse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What comes first: Adrenal fatigue of candida overgrowth?’ is closed to new replies.